[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
How?

On the Create a Page screen there is nowhere to do this.

Can you please make step by step instructions on how to use templates. It is not clear at all, and I am guessing my way through all of this.

Also, I have no idea the difference between using BBCode and HTML with Create A Page means.

Sorry for being a Noob here, but I am sure I am not alone in finding all of this confusing.

How?

On the Create a Page screen there is nowhere to do this.

Can you please make step by step instructions on how to use templates. It is not clear at all, and I am guessing my way through all of this.

Also, I have no idea the difference between using BBCode and HTML with Create A Page means.

Sorry for being a Noob here, but I am sure I am not alone in finding all of this confusing.

Not sure if this is relevant to the pro version maybe @Jaxel can confirm, but I've found this:

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/wiki-syntax/ which we've used as reference in the past.

...right, explains things a bit.

However, when I leave 'BBCode' selected in Create New Page, then put [template=templatename], nothing happens...

I use the Addon Bb Codes & Buttons Manager - Advanced Bb Codes with xencarta Wiki and got the following problem:
Right after I submit a wiki article, the BBCode is being parsed right (image floats to the right) - but as soon as I reload the page, it does not work anymore:
http://www.mynintendo.de/wiki/nintendo-geschichte/

Any idea what that could be? Floating the images with the specified BBCode works in the rest of the forum, it only got that strange behaviour in xenCarta Wiki. Thanks a lot.

I use the Addon Bb Codes & Buttons Manager - Advanced Bb Codes with xencarta Wiki and got the following problem:
Right after I submit a wiki article, the BBCode is being parsed right (image floats to the right) - but as soon as I reload the page, it does not work anymore:
http://www.mynintendo.de/wiki/nintendo-geschichte/

Any idea what that could be? Floating the images with the specified BBCode works in the rest of the forum, it only got that strange behaviour in xenCarta Wiki. Thanks a lot.
Yeah, wiki pages are heavily cached... and you are not including the css file for your bbcode on the page.

...can anyone address my question here, or am I on my own with this? Would have liked a bit more support from a paid product like this...

Thanks.

Just been playing with it. The internal linking by merely typing the name of a created page in the text is excellent. Very nice, and well done. Getting to like this software a lot. :)

Question; where abouts in the Templates can I modify the color of an internal link to another page on the Wiki? I am having trouble finding it...

Question; where abouts in the Templates can I modify the color of an internal link to another page on the Wiki? I am having trouble finding it...
You can use CSS to edit the internal link color on just the wiki and put the css in extra.css.
Under the sidebar, I see Top Editors. Hovering over my username there shows the link as http://www.mysite.com/media/user. (mysite = site name) I think this is a bug, where was it supposed to go?
Nope, that shouldn't happen if you're updated to the most recent version.

You can use CSS to edit the internal link color on just the wiki and put the css in extra.css.

Thanks a lot, that is what I want to do, but I don't know what actual code to put in extra.css.

Can you tell me how to do this? I have been searching for hours how to do it. I realise this makes me a low level CSS user... Sorry.

Thanks a lot, that is what I want to do, but I don't know what actual code to put in extra.css.

Can you tell me how to do this? I have been searching for hours how to do it. I realise this makes me a low level CSS user... Sorry.
Code:
.wikiPage a:not(.externalLink) { color: #000; }

Just confirming @wtgw bug in reference to the Top Editors links pointing to "media/user":

Nope, that shouldn't happen if you're updated to the most recent version.

I reported this bug on Sep 7, 2013 to which you (Jaxel) replied that you've got it fixed for the next version. Unless I've missed it, I don't recall you releasing any updates since that post, and even the Updates tab reports the latest version 1.4.2 was released on Aug 16, 2013, i.e. before the bug was initially reported.

Just confirming @wtgw bug in reference to the Top Editors links pointing to "media/user":

I reported this bug on Sep 7, 2013 to which you (Jaxel) replied that you've got it fixed for the next version. Unless I've missed it, I don't recall you releasing any updates since that post, and even the Updates tab reports the latest version 1.4.2 was released on Aug 16, 2013, i.e. before the bug was initially reported.
Aye. I thought I had released an update since then.

Top Bottom