[8WR] Discord Integration

[8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I am trying to get the basic setup accomplished. Everything seems to be synced between the discord server and the site. The roles are there. The test is a success. The rooms are synched. But all I get it a blank screen. And the invitation doesn't sync to the discord server. It syncs to the users servers they are members of, but none to the discord server.

Update: It was actually a cookie issue. Got that resolved. The only issue now is that logging members can see it, but their messages don't show up, they don't show as logged in and it doesn't synch/force the forum username to be their nickname.

Last edited:
I am trying to get the basic setup accomplished. Everything seems to be synced between the discord server and the site. The roles are there. The test is a success. The rooms are synched. But all I get it a blank screen. And the invitation doesn't sync to the discord server. It syncs to the users servers they are members of, but none to the discord server.

Update: It was actually a cookie issue. Got that resolved. The only issue now is that logging members can see it, but their messages don't show up, they don't show as logged in and it doesn't synch/force the forum username to be their nickname.
Can you explain the existing challenge in a little more details? What are they seeing, not seeing? If you're talking about Discord it sounds like your discord server roles may not be set up properly. Sync is also not immediate. It runs every so often, as a cron job, so that you are not rate limited by Discord.

I will try to help with more information...

Can you explain the existing challenge in a little more details? What are they seeing, not seeing? If you're talking about Discord it sounds like your discord server roles may not be set up properly. Sync is also not immediate. It runs every so often, as a cron job, so that you are not rate limited by Discord.

I will try to help with more information...

The biggest challenge is that when a member clicks the invite or login here it goes nowhere. They get a room message.

NO TEXT CHANNELS
You find yourself in a strange place. You don't have access to any text channels, or there are none in this server.

In the pop-up they can see the rooms and even type but their messages don't show up.

The biggest challenge is that when a member clicks the invite or login here it goes nowhere. They get a room message.

NO TEXT CHANNELS
You find yourself in a strange place. You don't have access to any text channels, or there are none in this server.

In the pop-up they can see the rooms and even type but their messages don't show up.
Okay... I don't use the widget bot and I've stopped using the sidebar Discord "window," because it just makes my site more busy and most gamers get the idea of Discord just by seeing it in the navigation. So, I cannot speak to the widget bot - it always seemed complicated to me.

It sounds like your invite link is either not properly set. That's happened to me before, so make sure the invite link you have set up is correct. Create your unlimited invite link and then find the phrase: EWRdiscord_index_2

Put your discord link in where you see: <a href="{invite}" class="discordLink"><b>CLICK HERE TO JOIN/ENTER DISCORD CHAT</b></a> .. so {invite} just replace that with your actual invite link URL.

I personally do not like it that way, so I made a few modifications (I placed mined in EWRdiscord_index_1), but long story short -- pop in your Discord invite link where it says {invite} or re-write the page information and hard code it where you want it.

Let me know if that works... I have a feeling that is the issue. If it is not that, than you are looking at Discord permissions -- make sure you have them set for people to be able to see the categories and rooms.

Last edited:
Did you enable the widget on your server's settings?
hey @Jaxel did the EWRdiscord_ phrases replace the discord_index_paragraph phrases? Well yea it looks like they did... so I guess the question would be: it shouldn't harm anything to remove the old phrases right? :D

Okay... I don't use the widget bot and I've stopped using the sidebar Discord "window," because it just makes my site more busy and most gamers get the idea of Discord just by seeing it in the navigation. So, I cannot speak to the widget bot - it always seemed complicated to me.

It sounds like your invite link is either not properly set. That's happened to me before, so make sure the invite link you have set up is correct. Create your unlimited invite link and then find the phrase: EWRdiscord_index_2

Put your discord link in where you see: <a href="{invite}" class="discordLink"><b>CLICK HERE TO JOIN/ENTER DISCORD CHAT</b></a> .. so {invite} just replace that with your actual invite link URL.

I personally do not like it that way, so I made a few modifications (I placed mined in EWRdiscord_index_1), but long story short -- pop in your Discord invite link where it says {invite} or re-write the page information and hard code it where you want it.

Let me know if that works... I have a feeling that is the issue. If it is not that, than you are looking at Discord permissions -- make sure you have them set for people to be able to see the categories and rooms.

I used the direct link in discord (as a member). Invite never expires option. I have to use widget bot for the default room right?

I used the direct link in discord (as a member). Invite never expires option. I have to use widget bot for the default room right?
This must be out of my league; I do not use widget bot, just a link to my invitation in EWRdiscord_index_1 and it works without a problems.

I have installed and uninstalled 5 times. Followed the instructions on the video. Tested the connections. Logged in as a test member. And nothing. Takes me to a page that says server doesn't exist. I've used the link on the chat page and the one I generate inside discord (they are different) and neither work. Not using widgetbot.

Threads and posts are synching and posting in the server.

Last edited:
Top Bottom