XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hello,
I've installed and configured the addon, users are able to sign up, and the bot will post new thread notifcations without issue, however I don't see the "Discord" option under the node settings to allow for pushing through posts on specific nodes, I have the following error which might be related:

Code:
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php(329): usort(false, Object(Closure))
#1 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Option/Channels.php(13): EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->parseChannels(false)
#2 [internal function]: EWR\Discord\Option\Channels::renderOption(Object(XF\Entity\Option), Array)
#3 src/XF/Entity/Option.php(77): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\Option), Array)
#4 [internal function]: XF\Entity\Option->renderDisplayCallback(Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1184): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_macros.php(206): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\Option), 'renderDisplayCa...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(817): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/addon_options.php(60): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_row', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1644): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#10 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('addon_options', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:AddOn\\Option...', 'admin:addon_opt...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#16 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#18 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#19 {main}

I've tried re-installing a few times, as well as ran the following SQL query:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_option ADD discord_options BLOB NULL;

Any insight to get this fixed would be very appreciated!

What's the error? You just posted the stack trace, but not the error itself.
Sorry:
Code:
     TypeError: Macro admin:option_macros :: option_row() error: usort(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, bool given src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php:329

@Jaxel it seems this month is my month for challenges with your add-ons that have always worked perfectly! So I have a user in XF who for some reason is not being properly synced with Discord for his permissions and such. He's unassociated and re-associated but it's still not syncing properly.

I don't see anything I can run to try to re-do and fix everyone (him) ----

What do you think I should do to fix his account? Should I rebuild the addon?

I am confused because everyone is working fine it seems.

Thanks!

Find the entry for his user id in xf_user_connected_account and delete it manually.

That's in the database right, and then just delete any content that is sitting in the table for xf_user_connected_account?

I looked in xf_user_connected_accounts and I see a bunch for every UserID THAN the person whose having the problem. I also looked in ACP and under his name, it says he's not associated period -- yet the system still has not removed or updated his access.

It's odd. It's like he's just 'stuck" somehow.

Is there a next step? lol Your Discord add-on and permissions are a huge part of how we manage access to our Discord.

Thank you, Jax.

Last edited:
I too, have had an issue lately where the bot never re-applies roles after a user leaves the server and then returns, or leaves and returns with a new account and associates that account.

I too, have had an issue lately where the bot never re-applies roles after a user leaves the server and then returns, or leaves and returns with a new account and associates that account.

Mine issue fixed once I had the member leave Discord and rejoin -- it took a little longer than usual, but the permissions did sync. Did you read Jaxel's replies above? I would also suggest that before having them leave and rejoin your Discord, that you make sure they disassociate and then reassociate on the web, after they rejoin your Discord.

Hello @Jaxel! I've used [8WR] Discord Integration, XenPorta 2, and Xen Carta 2 for quite a few years without issues, on a site I hadn't updated in sometime. Now that I am preparing it for 2.3, I realize I don't even remember what the support licensing was for any of these. The system in place at https://8wayrun.dpdcart.com/portal does not recognize the purchase email. The last update email received was on 2017.

So obviously I don't expect any support/update licenses to still be in place and assume I have to pay full price for an "industry standard" 1yr updates/support license. But would I be able to update from the current version to whatever files I would be served without associating an older account? This addon specifically for example—[8WR] Discord Integration—is currently on version 2.1.0.9 on the target site, prior to some large changes per the changelog.

Is there a process to re-link to older purchase account on your purchase portal system to access older versions to update safely or would an update straight to latest be handled gracefully by the updater? (I haven't been one of those who goes poking at the connected_accounts database entries or any other one for that matter).

@Jaxel

I did not mention XF1; if I misnamed one of your add-on releases, I apologize. Image for literal copy of what's running attached. XF2 only is what I'm referring to.

Rest of my question still stands; please address it:

I would like to continue using your products, but require path to correct way to continue. As the kids would say; takemymoney.jpg.

Do I purchase a new license and make a new relationship through whatever your current portal experience is, or is there something I need to do so that previous history/customer account is linked and no problems with your automation will arise going forward for new updates?

1713889337628.webp

1713889298216.webp

1713889555915.webp

You'll have to give me your paypal address and account information to look up your info.
Everything from the old system was imported to DPD back in 2020.

Top Bottom