[8WR] Discord Integration

[8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Some of my users get this error even though they have verified emails on Discord: "Discord did not provide an email address for your account. Please ensure that you have a confirmed email address listed in Discord and try again."

I invited them all to another Discord server restricted to verified emails, and they were able to talk. They have no notice on their profile to verify emails, so not sure what's going on there.

EDIT: Got them to test it on 8wayrun as well, got the same error.

Last edited:
I got the same error on my Discord as I got with my Twitch-Subscriber-Sync a few months back (if you remember @Jaxel). I've got around 5.000 users that need to be synced to discord ( I created a new group) but the sync does not work.

@Jaxel I've noticed that the integration is still pushing thread posts to the proper discord channels - so that is working but I have forum members tell me they get an error when trying to do the internal linking to discord to associate their accounts or to join via discord. It worked for me when I first installed it, but that's been a while - has anything changed, maybe on Discord's end, that requires us to redo something settings wise? Other than that it works, but having it sync roles is very important especially when people are coming in as private alpha testers and would be auto-assigned their proper private channel. I will get the error for you and post it in a PM, I am not sure if it contains any information that might not be best to post public.

Managed to fix it, is there any update that will add an External Accounts option in the User CP so they don't need to know the sync URL?

in navigation_visitor_tab

find
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.twitterAppKey} OR {$xenOptions.googleClientId}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/external-accounts}">{xen:phrase external_accounts}</a></li></xen:if>

replace

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.EWRdiscord_serverid} OR {$xenOptions.twitterAppKey} OR {$xenOptions.googleClientId}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/external-accounts}">{xen:phrase external_accounts}</a></li></xen:if>

in account_wrapper

find

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.twitterAppKey} OR {$xenOptions.googleClientId}"><li><a
                        class="{xen:if "{$selectedKey} == 'account/externalAccounts'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}"
                        href="{xen:link account/external-accounts}">{xen:phrase external_accounts}</a></li></xen:if>

replace

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.EWRdiscord_serverid} OR {$xenOptions.twitterAppKey} OR {$xenOptions.googleClientId}"><li><a
                        class="{xen:if "{$selectedKey} == 'account/externalAccounts'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}"
                        href="{xen:link account/external-accounts}">{xen:phrase external_accounts}</a></li></xen:if>

Have to recommend this addon. Was skeptical as we've tried a few different Discord intergrations in the past and some didn't work out as intended.

However, this addon does exactly what's said on the tin. Works very well for the parts that it covers.

We have a fairly large xenforo installation (3-4K users with ~100 discord users) and this worked great. Installation was simple and hard to mess up.

Quick q @Jaxel: without editing the template, is it possible to remove the `login with discord` feature via a toggle?

@Jaxel I've noticed that the integration is still pushing thread posts to the proper discord channels - so that is working but I have forum members tell me they get an error when trying to do the internal linking to discord to associate their accounts or to join via discord. It worked for me when I first installed it, but that's been a while - has anything changed, maybe on Discord's end, that requires us to redo something settings wise? Other than that it works, but having it sync roles is very important especially when people are coming in as private alpha testers and would be auto-assigned their proper private channel. I will get the error for you and post it in a PM, I am not sure if it contains any information that might not be best to post public.
I do know that 2FA is very "finicky" when linking accounts through their API. Some users may have to login at discordapp.com first to confirm their 2FA, then link their account on your website. 2FA has become more popular lately, so more people are having the issue.

I'm having some serious problems with this addon. I originally had it installed and working fine, then ended up switching servers and there were no options for the bot to switch to the new server so I installed it and reinstalled it. I set it up as before and the bot connected to the server and manage to pull up the server roles and channels correctly and showing the user count on the Discord widget but when I try to Test Connection or login via my Discord account, I get this error:
An error occurred while connecting with Discord. Please try again later.

I'm having some serious problems with this addon. I originally had it installed and working fine, then ended up switching servers and there were no options for the bot to switch to the new server so I installed it and reinstalled it. I set it up as before and the bot connected to the server and manage to pull up the server roles and channels correctly and showing the user count on the Discord widget but when I try to Test Connection or login via my Discord account, I get this error:
An error occurred while connecting with Discord. Please try again later.
Delete all the keys and server IDs and try again.

I do know that 2FA is very "finicky" when linking accounts through their API. Some users may have to login at discordapp.com first to confirm their 2FA, then link their account on your website. 2FA has become more popular lately, so more people are having the issue.

I appreciate the feedback...is there anything that can be done to try to ease the connection via Discord for people trying to log in that way or connecting via external accounts? Darn 2 factor!

I appreciate the feedback...is there anything that can be done to try to ease the connection via Discord for people trying to log in that way or connecting via external accounts? Darn 2 factor!
Beyond waiting for the Discord guys to fix it? Not much... but its been broken for over a year.

Oauth2 has a very specific grant flow, which must be followed. If Discord is failing to put 2FA in their grant flow; not much we can do.

Beyond waiting for the Discord guys to fix it? Not much... but its been broken for over a year.

Oauth2 has a very specific grant flow, which must be followed. If Discord is failing to put 2FA in their grant flow; not much we can do.

I shall bite their ankles! They need to get on the fixin.

Thanks @Jaxel

I had an issue where my Discord roles suddenly stopped syncing recently (curl broke). My CentOS server had updated to 7.5 and needed a reboot. After the reboot, everything started working again. Might help some folks out!

Just a question is it possible to not display the content of a thread when the bot posting on discord? I set size to 0 so it should not be able to show contents but it still does any help?

Top Bottom