[8WR] Discord Integration

[8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
PM me your website and server details and I will take a look.

If someone gave me FTP access to their server, I could look at the code and whip something up.

PM sent

Further when trying to create a new user i get the following error, only present since installing this addon.

Undefined index: thread_id
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Thread.php at line 2154
  2. XenForo_Model_Thread->markThreadRead() in *******/Credits/Model/Thread.php at line 18
  3. *******_Credits_Model_Thread->markThreadRead() in Nobita/RegGreeting/Greeting.php at line 78
  4. Nobita_RegGreeting_Greeting::pushNewThread()
  5. call_user_func_array() in Nobita/RegGreeting/Greeting.php at line 31
  6. Nobita_RegGreeting_Greeting::pushGreeting() in Nobita/RegGreeting/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 22
  7. Nobita_RegGreeting_XenForo_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in *******/Credits/DataWriter/User.php at line 53
  8. *******_Credits_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in Andy/NewUserConversation/DataWriter/User.php at line 12
  9. Andy_NewUserConversation_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
  10. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in *******/Credits/DataWriter/User.php at line 18
  11. *******_Credits_DataWriter_User->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 511
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in *******/Credits/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 7
  13. *******_Credits_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in EWRdiscord/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 19
  14. EWRdiscord_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rainbox/public_html/admin.php at line 13

PM sent

Further when trying to create a new user i get the following error, only present since installing this addon.

Undefined index: thread_id
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Thread.php at line 2154
  2. XenForo_Model_Thread->markThreadRead() in *******/Credits/Model/Thread.php at line 18
  3. *******_Credits_Model_Thread->markThreadRead() in Nobita/RegGreeting/Greeting.php at line 78
  4. Nobita_RegGreeting_Greeting::pushNewThread()
  5. call_user_func_array() in Nobita/RegGreeting/Greeting.php at line 31
  6. Nobita_RegGreeting_Greeting::pushGreeting() in Nobita/RegGreeting/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 22
  7. Nobita_RegGreeting_XenForo_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in *******/Credits/DataWriter/User.php at line 53
  8. *******_Credits_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in Andy/NewUserConversation/DataWriter/User.php at line 12
  9. Andy_NewUserConversation_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
  10. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in *******/Credits/DataWriter/User.php at line 18
  11. *******_Credits_DataWriter_User->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 511
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in *******/Credits/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 7
  13. *******_Credits_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in EWRdiscord/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 19
  14. EWRdiscord_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rainbox/public_html/admin.php at line 13
That error doesn't seem to be related to this addon, but more with your credits addon. actionSave() in EWRdiscord/ControllerAdmin/User.php doesn't do anything with threads.

I must be doing something wrong.

1.) Even though I have everything set-up, I still don't see an option to add a discord widget to the sidebar of my forum. I'm probably dumb and just don't know how to set it up. Is this something I have to uses the php callback function for?

2.) Members who are in a certain user group on my forums are not automatically being assigned to a certain discord role on my forums. Even though I set it up to do so on my forums. Is there something else that I should do?

I must be doing something wrong.

1.) Even though I have everything set-up, I still don't see an option to add a discord widget to the sidebar of my forum. I'm probably dumb and just don't know how to set it up. Is this something I have to uses the php callback function for?

2.) Members who are in a certain user group on my forums are not automatically being assigned to a certain discord role on my forums. Even though I set it up to do so on my forums. Is there something else that I should do?
This addon doesn't include a discord widget, it includes a discord PAGE; which you should see on your navbar.

Do you have "Role Syncing" enabled? Please read the FAQ for other issues.

This addon doesn't include a discord widget, it includes a discord PAGE; which you should see on your navbar.

Do you have "Role Syncing" enabled? Please read the FAQ for other issues.

Yes, that is enabled. And I have also created a new test account and signed up on my own forum to test this and it still doesn't seem to be working.

Sorry to trouble you @Jaxel but I'm having another issue.
The roles pulled from the discord server that are "unspecified" are being stripped away from users when xenforo syncs with the discord server.
Users that have ~7 roles assigned on the discord server that have "Administrator" on the XenForo forum which corresponds to the "Admin" role on the discord server are having all of the other roles removed.

I know in the video you mention that ranks and roles are in a 1:1 configuration, and that is how I have it configured.
Admin => Admin
Officer => Officer
Moderator => Moderator
Registered => Member

Now, there's other roles on my discord server that are literally just cosmetic roles. I've left these as unspecified.
Is there any way to have it stop stripping these extra roles away from users on Discord? They don't correspond to a xenforo rank, as unspecified.
This feature has been added for the next version.

Things I have tried:

1.) Changing hierarchy of the bot role by placing it at the very top in the role list

2.) Removing the bot and deleting the settings from the options in XF, then reconfiguring everything.

Yet, roles still aren't being assigned.

Disregard the last post, I found out what is going on.

So, members who join my forum are automatically put into a certain group called 'new recruits'. For some reason, the bot doesn't catch it, so members don't get moved to the proper role unless I manually assign the role afterwards.

The whole point of this is that I don't want un-reigstered forum users on my discord server. If anybody else can think of another way to achieve this, please let me know.

@Jaxel are you able to limit usage of this to specific user groups? My site used Discord for our Moderators, Admins, etc. to communicate, but not the general community.
Just don't assign roles for specific usergroups?

Disregard the last post, I found out what is going on.

So, members who join my forum are automatically put into a certain group called 'new recruits'. For some reason, the bot doesn't catch it, so members don't get moved to the proper role unless I manually assign the role afterwards.

The whole point of this is that I don't want un-reigstered forum users on my discord server. If anybody else can think of another way to achieve this, please let me know.
Whenever a user is changed (or registered), this addon should do a role sync. If you assign the usergroup "new recruits" to a role, then new users should be placed into that role.

Just don't assign roles for specific usergroups?.
@Jaxel Thank's for the reply, What I intended to say is the Chat tab that is created by this plugin, is it possible to limit to specific usergroups who can and can't see it. Meaning if I don't assign a role for "Registered" users will the Chat Tab be invisible to them?

Just don't assign roles for specific usergroups?

Whenever a user is changed (or registered), this addon should do a role sync. If you assign the usergroup "new recruits" to a role, then new users should be placed into that role.

It's simply not working.

What I did this time was change the default user group to register.

Then I created a new group called Assoicated which I mapped to the 'Verified' role on my discord.

I then created a new User Group Promotion and set it so that any user who had at least 1 post would be promoted to associate.

Afterwards I created a new account (new email/discord) for my forum and went through the proccess of creating a new post, then joined discord. Nothing happened, and the user just sits in the default role on discord unless I manually go in and change the users to a different role, and then change him BACK to the Associated group.

Last edited:
It's simply not working.

What I did this time was change the default user group to register.

Then I created a new group called Assoicated which I mapped to the 'Verified' role on my discord.

I then created a new User Group Promotion and set it so that any user who had at least 1 post would be promoted to associate.

Afterwards I created a new account (new email/discord) for my forum and went through the proccess of creating a new post, then joined discord. Nothing happened, and the user just sits in the default role on discord unless I manually go in and change the users to a different role, and then change him BACK to the Associated group.
It sounds like you may have another addon interfering. If you want to PM me your website details, I can look at it for you.

Okay, just tested it on your forum...

Created an account through Discord on your forum, CORRECTLY got the verified role on Discord... no issues there.

Changed your usergroup promotion for "Members" to "members with the name "Jaxel".

Ran the XenForo cron-entry for User Group Promotions.

Correctly got the usergroup promotion to Members for account "Jaxel". Correctly got the linked role "Regulars".

It seems to be working perfectly fine for me...

Jaxel updated [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.8 CHANGELOG

• The (unspecified) options for Role-Syncing are now EXCLUSIONARY! That means if you set the option to unspecified, the system will try to retain the existing setting for that role. In older versions, role syncing was 1:1, so if a role was unspecified, this addon would actually REMOVE that role from users during a sync. Now it no longer does that. If unspecified, the system will retain the setting for that role for that user on Discord.
  • There is a new cron-job system to better...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Jaxel

It would be nice to have check boxes inside the External Account section under Discord to be able to have members choose "open" groups to join. This way, they can be tagged with @group(s) without having to manually add members to every group I would like to sync. Is this something that you would be interested in adding?

Last edited:
Top Bottom