[8WR] Discord Integration

[8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Jaxel updated [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5 CHANGELOG

• Added webhook integration for XenRio. Whenever a FEATURED stream first goes live, it will be posted to a webhook.
  • Webhook checkboxes for addons (XenRio, XenMedio, XenCarta) will now longer be displayed in the admin CP if you dont have that addon.
  • There is now a "Connect" button in the admin CP. This connect button completes a handshake between your server and your bot. This will allow you to turn the bot "online" for other functions, such as posting messages directly....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Despite having the bot in chat, the redirect URLs set up etc I cannot get the connect button to actually do anything, tried changing the bots app bot token but still cannot do anything with the connect button after the update.

Despite having the bot in chat, the redirect URLs set up etc I cannot get the connect button to actually do anything, tried changing the bots app bot token but still cannot do anything with the connect button after the update.
Thats all the "Connect" button does... Marks the bot as "online". Its a simple handshake needed to identify the bot to the Discord servers so that the bot can be used for API commands in the future. Right now there are no API commands programmed for it; since Webhooks are better (since webhooks support full Markdown and bots dont).

Thats all the "Connect" button does... Marks the bot as "online". Its a simple handshake needed to identify the bot to the Discord servers so that the bot can be used for API commands in the future. Right now there are no API commands programmed for it; since Webhooks are better (since webhooks support full Markdown and bots dont).

Ah I get you, so this is basically gearing up for future releases, I just got confused as at the moment I can't actually do anything with that specific bot and seen it come online and thought whats this supposed to do. Blonde moment I suppose. :)

Ah I get you, so this is basically gearing up for future releases, I just got confused as at the moment I can't actually do anything with that specific bot and seen it come online and thought whats this supposed to do. Blonde moment I suppose. :)
Yeah, I would prefer to use a bot, over the webhooks... but the fact that I cant do the [text](link) markdown when posting from the bot is really upsetting. If you snoop around in the code, you'll see that the code to have the bot post stuff instead of the webhooks is actually in there... I just reverted it when I discovered the drawback.

Yeah, I would prefer to use a bot, over the webhooks... but the fact that I cant do the [text](link) markdown when posting from the bot is really upsetting. If you snoop around in the code, you'll see that the code to have the bot post stuff instead of the webhooks is actually in there... I just reverted it when I discovered the drawback.

I've been looking at a lot of discord stuff as well as the code as I want to get a shoutcast bot working so it would update my chat when a new track is playing on my shoutcast server, can't really find anything suitable though.

@Jaxel i think is just posting the featured channels on discord from xenrio do i need to make all channels featured to post all live streams on discord?

I finally got it working, as it turns out, if you don't have the "Administrative" permission for the server, you'll get an error message and then that error message persists, making you unable to edit the options for this addon, had to uninstall and reinstall.

Anyways, I'm having a problem where my members and ranks are not syncing.
I had an existing user associate his discord account, and I also had a discord user create a new account.

The existing user is a mod, he should have been granted the moderator rank.
The other user that connected specifically using discord should have gotten the administrator rank on xenforo.
Instead, both users just have the "Registered" rank.

If I go to either users' details under the 'Users' tab in the admin backend, it shows under their external accounts that the appropriate "Associated Discord Account" is in fact associated on each account.

The bot in discord is disconnecting intermittently, I don't know if this is intended behavior, but it doesn't stick around.
I have to keep going to the options page for this plugin and hitting "connect"

It pulled ~20 "server roles" from the server, but only 4 have any real purpose or use, I've linked those four to the corresponding ranks in XenForo.
The rest of the roles are all irrelevant and I've left as "unspecified".

Anyways, user ranks are not syncing from the discord server to xenforo. I've tried giving the bot different permissions, I've tried manually running the cron job, I can't seem to figure it out.

I finally got it working, as it turns out, if you don't have the "Administrative" permission for the server, you'll get an error message and then that error message persists, making you unable to edit the options for this addon, had to uninstall and reinstall.

Anyways, I'm having a problem where my members and ranks are not syncing.
I had an existing user associate his discord account, and I also had a discord user create a new account.

The existing user is a mod, he should have been granted the moderator rank.
The other user that connected specifically using discord should have gotten the administrator rank on xenforo.
Instead, both users just have the "Registered" rank.

If I go to either users' details under the 'Users' tab in the admin backend, it shows under their external accounts that the appropriate "Associated Discord Account" is in fact associated on each account.

The bot in discord is disconnecting intermittently, I don't know if this is intended behavior, but it doesn't stick around.
I have to keep going to the options page for this plugin and hitting "connect"

It pulled ~20 "server roles" from the server, but only 4 have any real purpose or use, I've linked those four to the corresponding ranks in XenForo.
The rest of the roles are all irrelevant and I've left as "unspecified".

Anyways, user ranks are not syncing from the discord server to xenforo. I've tried giving the bot different permissions, I've tried manually running the cron job, I can't seem to figure it out.
This mod syncs XenForo to Discord, not the other way around.

And your bot MUST be an administrator. This is stated several times, in the tutorial video, and in the FAQ; please read the FAQ.

The bot does not need to be connected to change ranks. You don't really need to hit the connect button ever right now.

This mod syncs XenForo to Discord, not the other way around.

And your bot MUST be an administrator. This is stated several times, in the tutorial video, and in the FAQ; please read the FAQ.

The bot does not need to be connected to change ranks. You don't really need to hit the connect button ever right now.

Sorry! :oops:
Thanks for clarifying. It seems to be working well.

I did want to mention that this error:
Code:
An exception occurred: Illegal string offset 'position' in /home/talatemp/public_html/library/EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php(13) : runtime-created function on line 1

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php(13) : runtime-created function at line 1
__lambda_func()
usort() in EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php at line 13
EWRdiscord_Option_Roles::renderOption()
call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 345
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 72
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 78
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 607
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/talatemp/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Occurs if the bot doesn't have administrative privileges, or if administrative privileges are revoked.
The only issue is when that error message is present, you're unable to edit any of the discord addon settings, as the page is unavailable due to the error.
I just figured I'd mention it, in case anyone else encounters it or something.

Thanks again for your time, sorry for asking questions that had answers available.

@Jaxel - I'm on my mobile, so I'll be brief. When a new post / thread is linked on the Discord chat channel, the phrasing is adding a closed bracket ")" to the end of the URL, causing the link to be wrong. I assume it's just a matter of editing the phrases "discord_x_posted_new_thread_y" etc to fix this, but thought I should let you know :)

@Jaxel - I'm on my mobile, so I'll be brief. When a new post / thread is linked on the Discord chat channel, the phrasing is adding a closed bracket ")" to the end of the URL, causing the link to be wrong. I assume it's just a matter of editing the phrases "discord_x_posted_new_thread_y" etc to fix this, but thought I should let you know :)
It looks fine to me... I do know that the markdown doesn't work properly on mobile.

Sorry to trouble you @Jaxel but I'm having another issue.
The roles pulled from the discord server that are "unspecified" are being stripped away from users when xenforo syncs with the discord server.
Users that have ~7 roles assigned on the discord server that have "Administrator" on the XenForo forum which corresponds to the "Admin" role on the discord server are having all of the other roles removed.

I know in the video you mention that ranks and roles are in a 1:1 configuration, and that is how I have it configured.
Admin => Admin
Officer => Officer
Moderator => Moderator
Registered => Member

Now, there's other roles on my discord server that are literally just cosmetic roles. I've left these as unspecified.
Is there any way to have it stop stripping these extra roles away from users on Discord? They don't correspond to a xenforo rank, as unspecified.

Sorry to trouble you @Jaxel but I'm having another issue.
The roles pulled from the discord server that are "unspecified" are being stripped away from users when xenforo syncs with the discord server.
Users that have ~7 roles assigned on the discord server that have "Administrator" on the XenForo forum which corresponds to the "Admin" role on the discord server are having all of the other roles removed.

I know in the video you mention that ranks and roles are in a 1:1 configuration, and that is how I have it configured.
Admin => Admin
Officer => Officer
Moderator => Moderator
Registered => Member

Now, there's other roles on my discord server that are literally just cosmetic roles. I've left these as unspecified.
Is there any way to have it stop stripping these extra roles away from users on Discord? They don't correspond to a xenforo rank, as unspecified.
Roles are 1:1. It has to strip away those extra roles, otherwise it couldn't know the difference between someone getting demoted on your forum or not.

Next version of this addon is going to have several changes...

Firstly, we're moving off of webhooks and moving to having the bot post messages instead. Yes, I know the bot can't use the [text](url) markdown code; but that code doesn't work right anyways and the Discord Devs are getting rid of it... for instance, it doesn't work at all on mobile platforms and creates issues. The next version will instead have you directly selecting which channels you want to post to for events:

1.webp

Secondly, you may notice from the above image that the "forums" field for bot posting has disappeared. That field was cumbersome to use and instead those options are moving to the application node tree. You'll be able to define options for each forum on a case by case basis:

2.webp

Top Bottom