[8WR] Discord Integration

[8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Suggestion

I'm using this on my clan site, however I don't game much myself anymore, so I'm not logged into discord all the time.

I've just logged into Discord for the first time in a couple of weeks to find a few unread direct messages.

Would it be possible to add a feature where if you have any unread direct messages sitting in your Forum's Discord channel, then after x days or hours it generates a private conversation on the forum between you and that user using the content of that DM?

At least that way I'd get a forum notification and email alert as I got no email from discord.

Or even just a generic notification on the forum saying you have DM's waiting in Discord, as the user may not have their Discord account linked with a forum account.

Last edited:
Suggestion

I'm using this on my clan site, however I don't game much myself anymore, so I'm not logged into discord all the time.

I've just logged into Discord for the first time in a couple of weeks to find a few unread direct messages.

Would it be possible to add a feature where if you have any unread direct messages sitting in your Forum's Discord channel, then after x days or hours it generates a private conversation on the forum between you and that user using the content of that DM?

At least that way I'd get a forum notification and email alert as I got no email from discord.

Or even just a generic notification on the forum saying you have DM's waiting in Discord, as the user may not have their Discord account linked with a forum account.

That would be nice future enhancement to help cross-engage from Discord to the site

Yeah, my clan forum is pretty much dead these days.

All the activity has shifted to Discord and What'sApp and between the two of them activity is stronger than it's ever been.

Any way to remove/rename the chat page? I have Siropu's chat, and the pages are conflicting with one another (my users are getting confused)

@Jaxel Would you please remake the video or properly document the updated installation process in a step by step manner? The video at 2:00 discusses redirect URLs and copy/pasting them into the Discord app. The version of this I've just purchased doesn't have any URLs to paste into the Discord app so two of us are completely stuck at this step. I'm new to XenForo, but my co-admin is a long time admin and he doesn't know what to do next either. :confused:

We tried ignoring this and moved onto creating a bot. The next fail is at 3:16 "Assign your Discord bot to a guild" button. This doesn't exist in the current version of your integration :rolleyes: and consequently there's no way of selecting which server to add the bot to as we can't get to that panel, and then no way selecting which server roles, and as you might guess because none of this is working, the Xenforo roles aren't showing on the Discord server.

We're completely stuck. I'm sure this works as you seem a straight up guy, but we just can't see how.

Please help

@Jaxel Would you please remake the video or properly document the updated installation process in a step by step manner? The video at 2:00 discusses redirect URLs and copy/pasting them into the Discord app. The version of this I've just purchased doesn't have any URLs to paste into the Discord app so two of us are completely stuck at this step. I'm new to XenForo, but my co-admin is a long time admin and he doesn't know what to do next either. :confused:

We tried ignoring this and moved onto creating a bot. The next fail is at 3:16 "Assign your Discord bot to a guild" button. This doesn't exist in the current version of your integration :rolleyes: and consequently there's no way of selecting which server to add the bot to as we can't get to that panel, and then no way selecting which server roles, and as you might guess because none of this is working, the Xenforo roles aren't showing on the Discord server.

We're completely stuck. I'm sure this works as you seem a straight up guy, but we just can't see how.

Please help
The install process hasn't really changed... what do you mean the redirect URLs are missing? They can't be missing, they are coded right into the option.

After each step, click save and the next step will become available.

In your video, there are redirect URLs. We see no such URLs on a fresh install of Xenforo from a few days ago. So we can't take that step of pasting them into the Discord settings. If you can tell us how to construct them manually, we'll try that.

e.g.
domain.dom/community/registration/discord
domain.dom/community/registration/discord/admin

Does that look about right?

This is where we're stuck. Those "Syncing" options you see below aren't in the video either.

e8271ea407387d2d445d7e4cbcf1534b.png

Uninstall and re-install the addon.
Okay, that did it, thank you. I'm sorry if it seems obvious to you and not to me, but new XenForo admin.

I think there's probably some subtle difference between my friend who is admin and attempted the install, and myself who is super-admin, but it seemed to install fine for me. All done, and all I have to do now is test and understand.

Thanks again for your help.

@Jaxel any possibility of:
  • A linked Discord account showing up on a user's information tab
  • A command in the Discord guild to check who is connected with which account (I have a marketplace, so it would help validate users' accounts for transactions); maybe something like !!whois @User or something
Great addon (y)

Top Bottom