XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
The bot does go offline. Make sure your bot has admin privs. I do like the way @Jaxel has discord embedded in his webpage, I see what you mean. That I do not know how to do, but I'd like that myself -- it's nicer than pushing it to an invite link and opening in another browser or app.

Jaxel is that something easy to do?
I see I can create a new page and embed the Discord into it, but still requires the user to click Connect and opens in a new window to Discord. Ideally I'd like to keep the chat embedded on the XF site and have the users chat there.

The bot does go offline. Make sure your bot has admin privs. I do like the way @Jaxel has discord embedded in his webpage, I see what you mean. That I do not know how to do, but I'd like that myself -- it's nicer than pushing it to an invite link and opening in another browser or app.

Jaxel is that something easy to do?
How do most people integrate the chat into Xenforo? Being able to keep users on the forum while using the chat would be ideal.

How do most people integrate the chat into Xenforo? Being able to keep users on the forum while using the chat would be ideal.

When someone figures out how to do that, like it is on 8wayrun, let me know! I love the idea of it being embedded into the page also!

Reactions: PJK
Just found a (rather serious) bug. When clicking "delete" on a user but not confirming it (simply opening the deletion modal but not actually deleting the user), the add-on will remove the groups from the discord server even though the user is not deleted.

I have a feeling this slows down my forum while posting threads that also get re-posted to a Discord channel. Any idea how to resolve this? (takes like 5 seconds to create a thread now)

Has anyone got a working version of the Disweb widget where you can type a reply from the widget on your forum?

I've tried on Jaxel's site and the Deploys.io site after joinging their respective servers and it's still just a plain feed, it's not interactive.

The documenation seems to suggest you can chat from the widget though?

Just wondering if there's a way to check which users are Discord authed? Also is it possible to force a user to Auth their Discord at sign up?

Found a bug that I would guess is in all versions.

I've set up a few a forums that has approval queue if you don't have the correct permissions. Even if you don't have the correct permissions and get stuck in the queue, the bot will post to Discord.

Hi

With your add on
How to don't display the new post for example in some forum ? for example a private category
I don't see any informations of that in your tutoriel

We can translate this extension ?

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

2.1.0.3 - CHANGELOG

Because people were CONSTANTLY asking for it, I've added the ability to reverse the sync of roles. Instead of syncing just from XenForo to Discord, you can now set it to sync from Discord to XenForo. You can not sync both ways, as as diff comparisons between two different data sets would be impossible. So you must choose which direction you which you sync in the admin CP.
  • The "fast sync" feature has been removed. There was just no way to get the fast sync feature compatible with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Jaxel

Thanks for adding this feature! Understandable if 2 way sync cannot be done, but can you add the possibility to split the the Role syncing into 2 categories? EG:

From Xenforo to Discord
- XENFORO/DISCORD ROLES HERE

From Discord to XenForo
- DISCORD/XENFORO ROLES HERE

^

This way "some" of the forum roles can still be applied to their discord role, while other discord roles can be applied on the forum. I'd like to split up some of the role sync directions.

Last edited:
users are logging in and linking the accounts, but it doesn't seem to actually sync name/groups?

any way to force to check why it's not doing it? when testing the bot it connects?

is there any test I can personally do?

Update, went to the hassle of making a new forum account/discord account... tested this myself, linked it. and it hasn't changed the group at all... even when forcing the sync...?

update again, usernames are syncing but roles aren't? options are ticked.

1563817726437.png

Last edited:
  • XF\PrintableException: Macro admin:option_macros :: option_row() error: An error occurred while connecting with Discord. Please try again later.: Client error: GET https://discordapp.com/api/guilds/602510470473318404/channels?limit=1000 resulted in a 403 FORBIDDEN response: {"code": 50001, "message": "Missing Access"}
  • src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php:55

• Generated by: Mythotical
  • Jul 22, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Option/Channels.php(12): EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->getGuild('/channels')
#1 [internal function]: EWR\Discord\Option\Channels::renderOption(Object(XF\Entity\Option), Array)
#2 src/XF/Entity/Option.php(76): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\Option), Array)
#3 [internal function]: XF\Entity\Option->renderDisplayCallback(Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(999): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_macros.php(196): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\Option), 'renderDisplayCa...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_macros.php(480): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_row', Array, Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_list.php(79): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('option_list', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Option\\Listi...', 'admin:option_li...', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#17 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#19 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#20 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(37) "/admin.php?options/groups/EWRdiscord/"
["referrer"] => string(49) "https://theavengersproject.com/admin.php?options/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["options/groups/EWRdiscord/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Delete