XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I want to know too

Or if you have Xenporta there's a built in widget. Just thought I'd mention this. That's what I use on my site

I think you need to log into the bot's admin page and disable everyone's abilities to talk through the bot.

I disabled all sending options for the bot, but was still able to post from the widget with no problem as long as the cl2 widgetbot is invited. I tried kicking the bot and re-inviting it with all sending options disabled as well. Also, it looks like someone can just copy the crate or embed code from your page and run it on an entirely different domain. There doesn't seem to be anything that prevents the discord widgetbot from working when it's not originating from a specific domain. That's not Jaxel's fault. It looks like that's just how the widgetbot is built, but that's terribly insecure and makes it rife for abuse by people like the racist adult problem child we're dealing with.

Or if you have Xenporta there's a built in widget. Just thought I'd mention this. That's what I use on my site
Sure but I didn't spend $30 to have to use a second addon to do something this one should be able to do ¬_¬

Also is there an issue with widgetbot.io ? After installing yesterday I'm just getting Error 502

@Jaxel sorry to bother you, but what would be the callback action used to fetch the number of users in discord? i'm trying to emulate the red badge with the number of users in the navigation in another link.

Last edited:
@Jaxel as a follow up to my last message about profile posts not working I wanted to mention that status updates work just fine. It's when someone directly posts on a profile it doesn't show up. When someone updates their status it works though

Any thoughts on adding functionality to reverse sync roles? As in, if things get updated on the Discord it syncs back to Xenforo?
That would be swell!

Is it possible to only allow members on discord who have a registered forum account? The account linking thing seems to be optional from what I ca tell?

Is it possible to only allow members on discord who have a registered forum account? The account linking thing seems to be optional from what I ca tell?
you could just hide everything from the everyone group, and then show it to people who have accounts assigned?

@Jaxel

Any plans to have a 2 way sync? Love that you can sync forum roles to discord roles, but what about the other way around? Would love to see this feature.

Strongly recommend against a 2-way sync for security reasons.
I'd say that depends which roles you intend to sync. If you for example sync discord roles that were given by a level up system (custom harmless roles) why not represent that on the forums?

Is there anyway I can include an image (or by url) into the title of the thread and or post using per-node discord settings? Thus far I can only make it so it shows up the links of the thread title, and url to the thread within discord but its refusing to include an embedded image.

PS:

^ This format from another discord relay system on another forum software looks a lot cleaner.

Last edited:
Is there anyway I can include an image (or by url) into the title of the thread and or post using per-node discord settings? Thus far I can only make it so it shows up the links of the thread title, and url to the thread within discord but its refusing to include an embedded image.

PS:

View attachment 200048

^ This format from another discord relay system on another forum software looks a lot cleaner.
As long as you have Embed Links role set to on for discord it should automatically post the image

Top Bottom