User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 2.8.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
@DaiAku - I have just tested it on XF 1.2.4 and UserEss 2.0.3 and it all works for me as expected.
Perhaps you have some other add-on that is conflicting with the permissions?

For a user to edit their own thread title they must have the following permissions set:
Edit post by self - Yes
Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes)
Edit thread title by self (requires edit own post) - Yes
Time limit on editing thread title by self (minutes)

If you wish to allow them to edit the thread title even though the post editing permission has expired then you must also set the option Separate Title & Post Edit Time Permissions located on the add-on's options page.

@DaiAku - I have just tested it on XF 1.2.4 and UserEss 2.0.3 and it all works for me as expected.

For a user to edit their own thread title they must have the following permissions set:
Edit post by self - Yes

If you wish to allow them to edit the thread title even though the post editing permission has expired then you must also set the option Separate Title & Post Edit Time Permissions located on the add-on's options page.

Thanks @Syndol - I thought I had all of these set. I will check again. Not sure what other add-on could be on conflict but will investigate that as well. Appreciate you getting back so quickly.

Edit post by self - Yes

Thanks @Syndol - I thought I had all of these set. I will check again. Not sure what other add-on could be on conflict but will investigate that as well. Appreciate you getting back so quickly.

Ok, it looks like it was working afterall. I noticed that Test Permissions did not give edit permissions for that user. When I used loggin as user by Waindigo it did work. So it looks like it was a false alarm - sorry and thanks for help!

Hello i bought this addon as you know.

May u add the old username(nick) info to user's signature when they changed username ? (With time limit)

Thank you.. @Syndol

@maxicep - I'm not sure how relevant it is to have that info attached to a signature which can be anything really from text, to icons, to images.
The option is already available as a temporary replacement of the user's custom title for X days.

U shows the old usernames to moderators. I know but;
I want to use this variable for show to all users but limited days about 2 month.

Other members want to show their old usernames which changed names.

I don't understand what you mean. Why is it displayed to moderators only?
You can have the previous user name displayed as the user's custom title for X days.
You can also have all previous names displayed via a profile page tab which can be set to be shown either to all members, the profile owner and mods, or just admins and mods.

@sami simo -
By default you can give users the ability to edit their posts and titles. Also by default, editing of titles is only permitted as long as the user can still edit their post (time limit).

This add-on allows you to separate the editing times of posts and titles.
This means that you can set the editing of posts to 5 minutes and editing of titles (and thus prefixes) to unlimited for example.

I don't understand what you mean. Why is it displayed to moderators only?
You can have the previous user name displayed as the user's custom title for X days.
You can also have all previous names displayed via a profile page tab which can be set to be shown either to all members, the profile owner and mods, or just admins and mods.
Sorry mate, i didnt understand.

Yeah i know and i see, old nicknames shows in profile ( as member title , privoulsy nick xxx ) but i want to show this variable in signatures of their posts with small text
How can i do it ?

@maxicep - since the previous username is displayed via the custom title under the avatar, I personally do not see much point in adding that info to the signature (which I guess could be easily edited by the user).
But as always, if enough people are interested in this then I'll take a closer look at it.

@maxicep - since the previous username is displayed via the custom title under the avatar, I personally do not see much point in adding that info to the signature (which I guess could be easily edited by the user).
But as always, if enough people are interested in this then I'll take a closer look at it.
That info should be seperate from signature. I say that old username info just on signature location. Not as signature. However not editable

Attempting update from 1.1.8 -> 2.0.5

I uploaded the new files over top of my 1.1.8 installation.
I then went to upgrade the add-on with new xml (addon-UserEss_Enhanced_205) as per your instructions and recieve:
Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect integer value: 'c\xE5\xE2\x9B' for column 'ip_address_old' at row 1

[LIST=1]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Statement.php[/B] at line [B]297[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Statement->execute()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php[/B] at line [B]479[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()[/B] in [B]UserEss/Install/Construct.php[/B] at line [B]249[/B]
[*][B]UserEss_Install_Construct::install()[/B]
[*][B]call_user_func()[/B] in [B]XenForo/Model/AddOn.php[/B] at line [B]215[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml()[/B] in [B]ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php[/B] at line [B]24[/B]
[*][B]ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml()[/B] in [B]XenForo/Model/AddOn.php[/B] at line [B]169[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile()[/B] in [B]XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php[/B] at line [B]236[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]347[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]134[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B] in [B]/home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/admin.php[/B] at line [B]13[/B]
[/LIST]

Top Bottom