UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer

Can you help resolve the tags lining issue with UIX
upload_2015-10-12_15-30-6-png.119117

What google say about correct rendering of your webpage:

For optimal rendering and indexing, our new guideline specifies that you should allow Googlebot access to the JavaScript, CSS, and image files that your pages use. This provides you optimal rendering and indexing for your site. Disallowing crawling of Javascript or CSS files in your site’s robots.txt directly harms how well our algorithms render and index your content and can result in suboptimal rankings.

This error looks like that the combination of WF Framework and this style has the same effect.

Resubmitted and they are fine. I don't think the problem has been anything to do with UI.X or [bd]Widget Framework.

I have a feeling the pages that were cached on or after 14th Oct will be good.
@teletubbi and @Gemma site's latest oct 14th caches are good, older caches are bad.
Let's see
Agreed. Any pages that are caching today are fine.

OK I got FA working in FF now, thanks @CreationNation for all your help with that!

Now I need to figure out how to get usernames to wrap in the postbit, because I feel awkward asking a 7 year member to change her name.

Default style shows name wrapped if too long
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 13.27.16.webp
While UI.X shows it overflowing the box
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 13.27.35.webp

How do you resubmit to update Google Web Cache?
In Google webmaster tools you can "fetch as google" and "submit to index". But I dont think it is instant and will usually not update cache more than few times per day that way.

@Gemma @vjj thank you :)

I've resubmitted my home URL and that is now appearing correctly. It looks like @vjj is correct in that there was an issue with Google Web Cache prior to 14th October and pages cached today are now working correctly. As I said previously, it definitely wasn't an issue between WF and UI.X as I don't use WF (plus Tracy Perry has an issue with his non-XF site which rules out UI.X).

@DRaver try resubmitting some of your pages to Google Web Cache to see if that fixes things. *If* it does ( just like it has for the rest of us), I hope you will be man enough to apologise to @Mike Creuzer and @Jake B. for your incorrect accusations.

OK I got FA working in FF now, thanks @CreationNation for all your help with that!

Now I need to figure out how to get usernames to wrap in the postbit, because I feel awkward asking a 7 year member to change her name.

Default style shows name wrapped if too long

No problem! I found a way to do this user name wrap after all.

Add this either to your EXTRA.css

Code:
.uix_userTextInner {
    -webkit-hyphens: auto;
    -moz-hyphens: auto;
    -ms-hyphens: auto;
    hyphens: auto;
}

Glad to hear on the cache issue is sorted. One less thing to worry about for the Audentio/Hex Themes guys with all their upgrade work :)

Always have to remember... things are not always as they seem, things are not always as they seem...

@Gemma @Martok @vij What you did is submited a pre renderd page to the google index from the Google Search Console.
What has nothing to do with the real Google bot access to your site.
Where does it say it is pre rendered before submitting? I used the Fetch option before submitting, not Fetch and Render.

As I have also stated, I do not use Widget Framework so your 'theory' about the UI.X & WF combination is incorrect.

@Gemma @Martok @vij What you did is submited a pre renderd page to the google index from the Google Search Console.
What has nothing to do with the real Google bot access to your site.
Fetch as google gives what google bot pulls. Just see future caches... let's hope for our sakes this was just a temporary google cache problem.

But have to say your paranoia(somewhat justified) helped me correct my blunder of blocking style and js in robots.tat - tat was a mind zap ...

Maybe the UIX Style has a problem with scripts on Google right to give out.
Please test the following one.

Take 10 URL´s from your Sitemap. Don´t klick the Url.
It does not matter whether the WF Framework is aktiv.

Then log in to the Google webmaster tools and you can "fetch as google" and "render".

After a little time you get the result.
Click on this result.

At the lower end of this site you see what scripts ore stylsheet are not loading because it´s blocked or temporarily not available.

Do you have such messages ?

OK guys, couple more questions and I think I might be in love with this framework!

1. How do I get these cute little icons on the subforms as seen here:
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 15.38.59.webp

2. How do I get an up/down arrow as seen here (at present I only see a down arrow)
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 15.39.34.webp

Pardon all the questions. I'm an experienced forum ADMIN but still learning coding and XenForo :)

Then log in to the Google webmaster tools and you can "fetch as google" and "render".

Click on this result.

At the lower end of this site you see what scripts ore stylsheet are not loading because it´s blocked or temporarily not available.

I had it when I had that wrong robots.txt file. Not much anymore.
Now I see this
js/nflj/ams/jquery.ticker.js?_v=dd53ee40
url_icon.png
Script Temporarily unreachable
/data/avatars/s/0/571.jpg?1440169102 Script Temporarily unreachable
Both have nothing to do with ui.x and it doesn't matter anyway. They are not really errors or anything.

What are you seeing?

I wish audentio had a forum, we wouldn't have to keep at this here.

Last edited:

Click on this result.

I've just run it twice on my home page. The first time I had a few things temporarily unavailable (only one was related to UI.X, the rest weren't). I've run it again and now the only things are those listed in robots.txt (advertising stuff). I've tried other pages and they were fine too. I've tried some other pages and it's only the advertising that's blocked in robots.txt that is listed.

I think you owe @Mike Creuzer and @Jake B. an apology now.

Top Bottom