UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Instead of having messages in a thread be inside of boxes, is there a way to have a line seperating messages and all of the messages being within 1 box?

It is of course possible, just requires a bit of tinkering. You can really just do this inside of message layout style properties. Remove the background and border and just put a border-bottom.

Your statement makes no sense. Why communitys only with UI.X Themes have this problem?

I do not believe it is just UI.X that does this, I think it is a minor issue with google cache in which it isn't case sensitive on the class.

XenForo adds 'Sidebar' class to html, not UI.X. And yet google cache renders this thinking it wants 'sidebar' not the lowercase s. Which is not the same class. Note that both classes are XenForo-based, not ones we've created. Its not the best naming convention on XenForo's part either.

Apparently a site i use use's audentio's UI.X.

http://smashboards.com/forums/

I don't know how to have certain parts of it's design though and i do too own UI.X. Is it a child skin or something?

That is UI.X Dark with some minor customizations and some clever use of the node grid.

UI.X is not a child of any other theme, and it isn't meant to be used out of the box (even though many people do) it is just meant to be a framework. We do offer custom design services though, and if you want a quote you can go to https://www.audentio.com/contact/choose

Just to clarify what Jake is saying, a lot of people install UI.X and change a few things. Really, it is best to go through the main settings first. Like any theme, we release it as we intend it to be marketed and demo'ed, with a lot of settings on. Although, honestly, we've built it so well these days you technically could leave all the settings on, we recommend using the ones you really want/need first. Start with that, then add more as you go rather than turning everything on at once. That is I guess what we say when we mean out of the box. But can you use it as a theme? Certainly. Thousands upon thousands of boards do.

I wasn't asking if UI.X is a child style, but if that forum was using one. And i will check that out right now, thanks.

UI.X itself we call a framework because we use it to build all our themes. But it onto itself is a theme. Take bootstrap from twitter for example. Many people choose not to customize it, even though that is one of the things it was built for. Same kind of thing with UI.X.

Thanks, but now the main forum node icons changed from OLD/NEW to icons :(

I believe what you really wanted was a setting called Node stats as icons. Its under UI.X Forum Nodes style property group.

Yikes! Why is modal welcome screen doing this?
View attachment 119310

Scratch may not be compatible with that setting. Some of our themes may have some small issues with certain settings in UI.X. Its one I just marked as a bug.

I believe what you really wanted was a setting called Node stats as icons. Its under UI.X Forum Nodes style property group.

Scratch may not be compatible with that setting. Some of our themes may have some small issues with certain settings in UI.X. Its one I just marked as a bug.

Node stats as icons changes the ones on the right. It's the ones on the left that I mean - I kinda liked the OLD / NEW things that were there, upon adding forum node icons to the subforums, it would seem I am forced to have icons on main forums as well :(
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 19.42.25.webp

Node stats as icons changes the ones on the right. It's the ones on the left that I mean - I kinda liked the OLD / NEW things that were there, upon adding forum node icons to the subforums, it would seem I am forced to have icons on main forums as well :(
View attachment 119312
Well not everything in the world is covered in the framework, we intentionally keep it dry otherwise it would be un-upgradable for everyone. What you need may require custom code.

@Mike Creuzer Did you read my post here?

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-266#post-995289

And this from the other members.

Now I see this
js/nflj/ams/jquery.ticker.js?_v=dd53ee40
url_icon.png
Script Temporarily unreachable
/data/avatars/s/0/571.jpg?1440169102 Script Temporarily unreachable

I've just run it twice on my home page. The first time I had a few things temporarily unavailable

I just made a test.

I have the default style enabled in a forum and have taken 10 URLs from my Sitmap and let them rendering of Google.
After that I did the UIX Style reactivated and render 10 more URLs.

The result:

Standard Style: 10 from 10 NO temporarily unavailable errors
UIX Style: 8 from 10 temporarily unavailable errors

It´seems to me that the style has a massiv problem. You can check this by yourself. All people can do that.
Is one css temporarily unavailable, than the WF Sidebar kills your Google Cache.

What do you say?

@Mike Creuzer Did you read my post here?

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-266#post-995289

And this from the other members.

I just made a test.

I have the default style enabled in a forum and have taken 10 URLs from my Sitmap and let them rendering of Google.
After that I did the UIX Style reactivated and render 10 more URLs.

The result:

It´seems to me that the style has a massiv problem. You can check this by yourself. All people can do that.
Is one css temporarily unavailable, than the WF Sidebar kills your Google Cache.

What do you say?
It really irritates me when someone quotes out of context in an attempt to further their agenda. You should be a politician.

Quoting my whole post will show all of the 'inconvenient' bits that you didn't want to highlight:

I've just run it twice on my home page. The first time I had a few things temporarily unavailable (only one was related to UI.X, the rest weren't). I've run it again and now the only things are those listed in robots.txt (advertising stuff). I've tried other pages and they were fine too. I've tried some other pages and it's only the advertising that's blocked in robots.txt that is listed.

I think you owe @Mike Creuzer and @Jake B. an apology now.

@vij also said similar in his other posts the you neglected to quote.

I also said in another post:

But it's not necessarily UI.X ones that are temporarily unavailable. When I had it, I also the site logo (which is in it's own folder), the gritter.css file (related to Chris D's Notifications add-on) and a Featured Threads icon all temporarily unavailable. Now I'm not getting anything being temporarily unavailable, it's all showing as it should.

I'd therefore take this to be a temporary issue with Google rendering the page in Webmaster Tools rather than an (in my opinion) unfounded accusation that it's UI.X to blame.

Anyway, I have again run the tests on several pages again this morning and guess what? Nothing was temporarily unavailable in every test. Everything was fine just as expected.

I still think that it's an issue with Google Web Cache (especially as we've had non-XenForo non-UI.X user, @Tracy Perry reporting a problem with his IPB site). My other theory though is that the issue is with your website, so how about blaming your web host (after all, when files are temporarily unavailable it could be a web hosting issue.

So until you can come up with something more definitive than the guesses you have so far made, I think you should desist on blaming UI.X. If and when you find concrete proof that it is UI.X to blame then I will publically apologise to you (as I am man enough to admit when I'm wrong). Until then you should desist the finger pointing and be prepared to make an apology to the UI.X team.

Last edited:
so how about blaming your web host (after all, when files are temporarily unavailable it could be a web hosting issue.

Oh man. Can you read?
The result:

The same server, the same forum, the same time.

That has nothing to do with web hosting.

And yes, other people without Xenforo can also have this problem, if they if they disable scripts in robots.txt.
But here is nothing locked.
Do you understand it finally ?

Do you understand it finally ?
Yes I do. You're looking for someone to blame and have no definitive evidence that is UI.X.

As I said:

Anyway, I have again run the tests on several pages again this morning and guess what? Nothing was temporarily unavailable in every test.

There is only one thing that is common across everyone who has had this issue - Google Web Cache. That appears to be the thing that has had an issue.

Sounds you are an fanboy ;)

So the Google Web Cache had an issue? Why are not all sites from Xenforo.com and million others had the problem at the same time?

I'm not a fanboy at all and if there is a problem with UI.X I will raise this with them (as I have done with other issues).

If it is an issue with UI.X, why am I not having problems, nor are others either? Why are there some others not using UI.X having problems too?

Rather than this silly toing and froing between us, go and find some more definitive proof that it is UI.X at fault (and what you have shown so far isn't conclusive at all). When you do, then people will listen and take you seriously. :)

Top Bottom