UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I think there's a big problem with this style and the Widget Framework.
I have tested on several websites.
The Google cache is destroyed. Here some examples.

Check this site:
http://bit.ly/1NDG9Sa

It´s look good but check the Google Cache.
Its look like this:

upload_2015-10-13_10-18-39.webp
All content is on the right site.

The Widget Framework is activ on this site.

Another example:

Check this:
http://bit.ly/1N9X2kk

The Cache:
upload_2015-10-13_10-21-40.webp

All content on the right site.
The Widget Framework is also acitv on this site

Now we check a thread of this site. Here is no Widget Framework acitv:

http://bit.ly/1G2BIxJ

And the Google Cache looks like this:

upload_2015-10-13_10-25-30.webp

As you see, all is correct.

A bad google cache hurts your rankings.
I think a fix is absolutely necessary.

Problems!
audentio.com is offline - admin.php?uix-styles/ - not work

Attachments

• Screen_13102015114901.webp
    Screen_13102015114901.webp
    15 KB · Views: 17
I think there's a big problem with this style and the Widget Framework.
I have tested on several websites.
The Google cache is destroyed. Here some examples.

Check this site:
http://bit.ly/1NDG9Sa

It´s look good but check the Google Cache.
Its look like this:

View attachment 119175

Goodness gracious. You have saved me @DRaver I noticed a steep dip in rankings and page indexing right after enabling sidebar on all pages (widget framework enabled) and using ui.x xenith theme. Its probably because of this very reason. Never thought of this ui.x conflict.

I implore/request/beg/plead @Mike Creuzer and @Jake B. to save us by fixing this cache issue asap. Its very important. Please help!
Also request @xfrocks to advice if possible.

Last edited:
@DRaver I see the problem, and seems it may affect everyone but I am not sure what is at fault (or why).

xenForo itself creates these classes. I looked at xenforo on cache and it isn't busted, so I'm not sure yet what's causing this widget framework or UI.X somehow, or maybe something else completely. I do see other sites also busted in cache who I know use UI.X and the widget framework.

There are 2 conflicting style classes. One is on the html element (Sidebar) and the other is set on the sidebar itself (sidebar). Google cache is not differentiating the styles based on the capital S in Sidebar, so it's making the entire site 300px wide in the cache (which is what the css calls for on .sidebar).

Another aspect to check : is this conflict with WF sidebar pages only or on all pages with a sidebar.

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced that the UI.X admin/modbar dispappeared? Happend to us on 2 websites now and we don´t have an idea why. In the morning everything was fine, in the evening coming back from work it was gone. Anyone?

2 minor niggles and I am ready to take this live with our community :D

1. There is this totally random empty bar above the forum list (appears pretty much everywhere) and developer tools say it's "funBox" which I have no clue what that is, and that it has an Amazon ad in it - what is going on there?

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 16.55.40.webp

2. I have one member in our community whose user name runs outside the postbit

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 16.56.06.webp

and for some strange reason the FA stuff isn't showing up in Firefox. Safari and Chrome both work fine, but this is what shows in FF

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 16.56.25.webp

@NamasteDogs Are you loading / using 2 different root URLs on your site by chance? I've seen it happen like this in Firefox if you are mixing root URLs.

funBox is associated with the AD Monetize Pro add on. Do you maybe have an Amazon ad that's not rendering?

For the user name, I would ask that person if you can add a space before "Mom". If so, it will wrap. I would say use "overflow:hidden" on that area but then you'll chop other stuff as well like badges.

I'll be having to deal with this myself once I am ready to convert. I have a lot of crazy folk with long user names.

@NamasteDogs Are you loading / using 2 different root URLs on your site by chance? I've seen it happen like this in Firefox if you are mixing root URLs.

funBox is associated with the AD Monetize Pro add on. Do you maybe have an Amazon ad that's not rendering?

For the user name, I would ask that person if you can add a space before "Mom". If so, it will wrap. I would say use "overflow:hidden" on that area but then you'll chop other stuff as well like badges.

I'll be having to deal with this myself once I am ready to convert. I have a lot of crazy folk with long user names.
Haha, yeah we have some long names from when we were on vB and used their postbit on top.

I don't think I am using 2 root URLs, how would I check that?

We aren't using the Monetise Pro addon, but I was using [bd] Rotating Ads, maybe it's that? How do I fix it?

Funny, we´re not using any of this and we still have a funbox in the templates :D

Namaste, check your ad_ templates for an empty funbox container. Seems you have a funbox div in the contencheck area - and it´s empty, so the funbox itself is empty too but gets displayed as at least it´s content in the contencheck area. Other reason could be that the invitation code is invalid and the ad can´t be displayed. But your console should tell you that.

Funny, we´re not using any of this and we still have a funbox in the templates :D

Namaste, check your ad_ templates for an empty funbox container. Seems you have a funbox div in the contencheck area - and it´s empty, so the funbox itself is empty too but gets displayed as at least it´s content in the contencheck area. Other reason could be that the invitation code is invalid and the ad can´t be displayed. But your console should tell you that.
ALL of the ad location templates have empty funbox containers. They all say " PLACE YOUR ADVERTISEMENT CODE DIRECTLY BELOW " in them but this one (ad_above_content) is the only one showing a plain box on the site, none of the others show up unless I specifically enter something in the ad template.

You weren't testing with Amazon or anything, or maybe there's a test ad setup somewhere that's trying to appear? Otherwise seems weird you see an amazon blurb in there.

Top Bottom