UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Mike Creuzer updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Mainly a patch for width toggle, node icons as images, sticky sidebar fix, flexbox improvements, etc

Hi all,

We noticed that after our last release a few days ago, some fairly large issues came up. Most of them were caching related so I want to urge people to:
  1. DO NOT INSTALL UNTIL YOU'VE TESTED LOCALLY
  2. KEEP BACKUPS OF YOUR THEMES
  3. Make sure to purge cache and refresh a few times just to be sure before reporting bugs
  4. IF there are actual bugs, we FULLY support UI.X and will be happy to login and fix critical issues. None actually came...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you notice a rounding issue on your board, download the theme files manually. Minor JS bug, very minor, but fixed, was just a packaging error. I've updated many boards and all is going smoothly. :)

Sorry about this question but I have to re-upload my logo after every update.
what the correct method to use my logo image?

Just updated but the problem with custom icons for boards remains :(
hyundai-club.eu/forums/

If I use the width toggle icon the forum does not remain at sized choosed, it changes when I refresh page or navigate to another page :(

I like ui.x but I'm really thinking switching to something else :(

Appreciate the quick turn-around on the fixes. It appears the member linking has been corrected.

Not sure if this has been discussed earlier, but I find the add-on to be an added layer of stress when updating. Clearly, it adds a few steps and not following them can lead to all sorts of issues. I'm not sure if it was intended for licensing or easy upgrades –– but for traditionalists, it's a bit of a hassle.

I think this is honestly the best $30 I've invested into anything related to xenForo. The update worked like a charm and looks amazing. The support and constant updates are great as most theme authors aren't constantly updating their themes like you are. UI.X is an amazing framework and I have to say I'll only buy my themes through Audentio as you guys keep me satisfied. Thank you to the team at Audentio.

One quick thing, I noticed there's a message stating that my Addon is outdated and I can dismiss the notice. I updated the Addon but don't want to dismiss it in case for whatever reason I am not on the updated version. So to verify, the current version is 1.0.1 Patch 1, correct? If not, I'll update it before dismissing the message.

Thanks!

Appreciate the quick turn-around on the fixes. It appears the member linking has been corrected.

Not sure if this has been discussed earlier, but I find the add-on to be an added layer of stress when updating. Clearly, it adds a few steps and not following them can lead to all sorts of issues. I'm not sure if it was intended for licensing or easy upgrades –– but for traditionalists, it's a bit of a hassle.

The demand for the auto installer/upgrade system was really high. It was mainly implemented for good reasons as people like myself were having trouble with updating the theme. For example, some people were editing the parent style rather than the child style and then when there was an update, they'd lose their edits because they were editing the wrong style. But with this auto installer/upgrade system in place, you cannot edit the parent style it created for you. Not to mention, people like myself would forget a tiny step during installing/upgrading which would cause your whole forum to break unless you knew how to fix the problem or re-installed your theme. So with this in place, it comes in handy so you don't mess anything up unless of course you can't read bold red text in the instructions.

Last edited:
Updated the add-on as instructed, went through the motions but was unable to do the update via the automatic method due to folders not remaining on 666 permissions. Updated via manual method and now the error message stating the theme is outdated will not go away.

2015-04-04_00-02-02.webp
2015-04-04_00-02-16.webp

for ui.x on its own, there is no space in the logo section of style properties to insert a url for the logo. there's one for the small logo, but not main logo.

followed directions for upgrading and it overwrote our footer.

there's also two places to edit the footer - one under options in the sidebar, another in style properties, and you can have something different in each one, but not sure which one is correct one.

should make sure the links under option screen just link to the style properties and have one editing screen.

The homepage nodes are appearing side by side, but I have them set to not do that. I don't know if it's a cache issue, but upgrading wrote over a bunch of things I did.

Going back to the old one until I have time to redo everything.

Last edited:
there's also two places to edit the footer - one under options in the sidebar, another in style properties, and you can have something different in each one, but not sure which one is correct one.
The one in the options, along with other 'replicated' stuff, are global options. These are handy if you have several UI.X styles because you can set the footer etc just once in options and it'll then be used across all styles if you have set the global option in the footer style properties for each style. If you've only got one style, you can use either the global option for footer or the style properties one, as long as you switch on/off the global option in footer style properties as appropriate.

@Mike Creuzer, I updated my TACTICAL style from 1.0.1 to 1.0.1 patch 1, but message in ACP: "The UI.X Add-on is outdated. Please update it to get all of the latest features available" - still remain. This is annoying!

Top Bottom