UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Little bit of an update here:

• xenPorta dropdown menu icon margin issue fixed
  • post history link fixed
  • toolbar can now be entirely fontAwesome
  • online indicator as a default 'triangle' shape works better now
  • alerts are more prominent (made them red when there is something to read as opposed to tertiary color, works across userbar/nav better)
  • hide visitortab username setting added
  • show avatar in the visitor tabs (I know this is default, we just made it a setting so you can show a glyph icon instead)
  • you can now choose to close welcome block when it is in fixed position as opposed to it prepending back into the content pane
  • private message controls are responsive as opposed to always on always off
  • all files are pulled locally, not requiring you to use external CDNs for any files whatsoever anymore
  • html5 shiv, css3, media queries for IE8 is now a setting for those that don't care about IE8 :p
  • admin menu is responsive as opposed to always on or off based on visitor tabs to user bar setting
  • we designed a new login modal
  • retain avatar dimensions simplified to use small/medium/large avatar sizes in postbit
  • various postbit inprovements
  • tons of CSS optimization
  • you can now choose to allow jump to bottom as well as jump to top
We are looking into a breadcrumb issue on windows phone, nothing major here, just wanted to check into it, but that is quite literally all we have left before a release so we are thinking tonight/early tomorrow.
Hi Mike
Very much look forward to this update. I assume the UIX. Flex will be getting this same update since it is based on UIX.
I'm moving from the original Flexile to this UIX. Flex and there are a few items that I'm trying to see if they exist as a property.
1) The option to hide the visistor panel. In Flexile, it's the Show User Card option
2) I have a leaderboard 728x90 banner on the ad_header template. When in mobile, I see the banner got squeezed/cut off to fit the width.
3) Rounded avatar option can use some improvement in CSS.

Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 6.38.34 PM.webp
This is in UIX
Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 6.41.32 PM.webp

4) Resource icons are not rounded and have some blue background
5) On RM index page, it will complain about a missing /styles/uiflex/uiflex-dark/navigation-tab.png
6) Sticky header does not work on mobile?

Using Safari on OS X, the post in-line tools drop-down menu doesn't collapse after the mouse moves-away. You have to specifically click away from the menu to collapse it.

Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 11.54.41.webp

[UI.X] Threads and Posts
Add Icons to Message Controls

... also doesn't appear to be working, as per above screenshot - Edit | History | Delete etc. not having icons beside them (or is the purpose of this option only for Tools | Quote | Reply?)

Hi Mike
Very much look forward to this update. I assume the UIX. Flex will be getting this same update since it is based on UIX.
I'm moving from the original Flexile to this UIX. Flex and there are a few items that I'm trying to see if they exist as a property.

1) The option to hide the visistor panel. In Flexile, it's the Show User Card option

Thanks Andy :)

1. Likely not adding that setting any time soon. If you have the widget framework installed, which to me should be installed with every board (2.0 I hope!), you can simply remove it there.

2) I have a leaderboard 728x90 banner on the ad_header template. When in mobile, I see the banner got squeezed/cut off to fit the width.

2. What did it do before? We have an overflow class so that your theme stays responsive.

3) Rounded avatar option can use some improvement in CSS.

View attachment 85836
This is in UIX
View attachment 85837

It would seem you might have not uploaded all the files for UI.X, first of all, as that is the default avatar. Unless you manually changed the avatars.

3. All you need to do is add a border to General > Avatar. We removed it by default, no real reason I guess we just simplified a lot of things.

4) Resource icons are not rounded and have some blue background
4. Both of these are by design.
5) On RM index page, it will complain about a missing /styles/uiflex/uiflex-dark/navigation-tab.png
5. Ah OK, we've noted this as a potential bug.
6) Sticky header does not work on mobile?
6. Also by design but you can enable it via the UI.X Navigation style property group, just for the min width sticky style property:

Style Properties  ├  UI.X  Navigation   Admin CP   Rivals Demo.webp

Using Safari on OS X, the post in-line tools drop-down menu doesn't collapse after the mouse moves-away. You have to specifically click away from the menu to collapse it.

This is what a standard popup requires. So by design here.

View attachment 85840

[UI.X] Threads and Posts
Add Icons to Message Controls

... also doesn't appear to be working, as per above screenshot - Edit | History | Delete etc. not having icons beside them (or is the purpose of this option only for Tools | Quote | Reply?)

This is only for the buttons. We don't feel that adding icons to the dropdown menu makes a whole lot of sense. Icons, in our opinion as interface designers, are for these reasons:

1. To enhance a call to action
2. To express a message
3. To act in lieu of text

Since none of these would be served by adding icons to that dropdown menu, we do not do it. A lot of theme designers are spamming their designs with icon fonts. In our opinion, moderation should be stressed. Otherwise it just looks, I don't know, messy/sometimes cryptic/over-done.

In mobile, postbit control Tools dropdown link will be centered. Can it be same line as other links (Reply, etc)

Did you try just doing the ad code? We've built the ad templates to really support whatever you throw at them so Im surprised you keep having issues :(. If after you try that its not working create a ticket and Ill go in and do it for you.

Thanks Mike, not sure why I have so many issues on my site, I've created a ticket at your site, thanks for offering to help.

• xenPorta dropdown menu icon margin issue fixed
  • post history link fixed
  • toolbar can now be entirely fontAwesome
  • online indicator as a default 'triangle' shape works better now
  • alerts are more prominent (made them red when there is something to read as opposed to tertiary color, works across userbar/nav better)
  • hide visitortab username setting added
  • show avatar in the visitor tabs (I know this is default, we just made it a setting so you can show a glyph icon instead)
  • you can now choose to close welcome block when it is in fixed position as opposed to it prepending back into the content pane
  • private message controls are responsive as opposed to always on always off
  • all files are pulled locally, not requiring you to use external CDNs for any files whatsoever anymore
  • html5 shiv, css3, media queries for IE8 is now a setting for those that don't care about IE8 :p
  • admin menu is responsive as opposed to always on or off based on visitor tabs to user bar setting
  • we designed a new login modal
  • retain avatar dimensions simplified to use small/medium/large avatar sizes in postbit
  • various postbit inprovements
  • tons of CSS optimization
We are looking into a breadcrumb issue on windows phone, nothing major here, just wanted to check into it, but that is quite literally all we have left before a release so we are thinking tonight/early tomorrow.
What about sticky footer? :unsure:

you_magnificent_son_of_a_bitch.gif

youre_awesome_carl_sagan.gif

-- Userbanners had the gradient removed and padding applied for ease in readability

How can we reapply the gradients on userbanners? I tinkered with extra.css, but was only moderately successful.

Top Bottom