UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Is there a way to disable all the footer stuff from loading in mobile view? Focussing on user experience and the footer doesnt need to be loaded for each and every page on mobile view esp since it takes up so much screen real estate.

Anyone using UI.X and Brogan's Featured Threads/Portal addon together? I'm curious to see what the themed homepage would look like and how they interact together. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post your home page. TIA.

Is there a way to disable all the footer stuff from loading in mobile view? Focussing on user experience and the footer doesnt need to be loaded for each and every page on mobile view esp since it takes up so much screen real estate.
Try this in EXTRA.css

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
    #uix_footer_columns
    {
        display: none;
    }
}
</xen:if>

Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 21.24.58.webp

Where is the style property to be able to reduce the vertical height of the header to remove unnecessary space?

View attachment 85771

Where is the style property to be able to reduce the vertical height of the header to remove unnecessary space?
Put this in your EXTRA.css

Code:
#header, #header>div { margin: 0 0 !important; }

The space is using the Gutter Width setting in Style Properties > Global Settings which will be set as 16px in your settings, if you adjust this it will also alter a lot of other spacings throughout your board, so just use that code I've given you to resolve your spacing issue.

Last edited:
Little bit of an update here:

• xenPorta dropdown menu icon margin issue fixed
  • post history link fixed
  • toolbar can now be entirely fontAwesome
  • online indicator as a default 'triangle' shape works better now
  • alerts are more prominent (made them red when there is something to read as opposed to tertiary color, works across userbar/nav better)
  • hide visitortab username setting added
  • show avatar in the visitor tabs (I know this is default, we just made it a setting so you can show a glyph icon instead)
  • you can now choose to close welcome block when it is in fixed position as opposed to it prepending back into the content pane
  • private message controls are responsive as opposed to always on always off
  • all files are pulled locally, not requiring you to use external CDNs for any files whatsoever anymore
  • html5 shiv, css3, media queries for IE8 is now a setting for those that don't care about IE8 :P
  • admin menu is responsive as opposed to always on or off based on visitor tabs to user bar setting
  • we designed a new login modal
  • retain avatar dimensions simplified to use small/medium/large avatar sizes in postbit
  • various postbit inprovements
  • tons of CSS optimization
  • you can now choose to allow jump to bottom as well as jump to top
We are looking into a breadcrumb issue on windows phone, nothing major here, just wanted to check into it, but that is quite literally all we have left before a release so we are thinking tonight/early tomorrow.

Attachments

• toolbar.gif
    toolbar.gif
    91.6 KB · Views: 34
  • login_modal.gif
    login_modal.gif
    235.5 KB · Views: 39
  • postTools_menu.gif
    postTools_menu.gif
    672 KB · Views: 37
  • jumpTo.gif
    jumpTo.gif
    689.5 KB · Views: 35
  • admin_menu.gif
    admin_menu.gif
    782.8 KB · Views: 38
I can't display an ad *between* posts. The code I was using in my previous style no longer works for UI.X (breaks the layout), so I'm wondering what I need to change to make is work, can you help me out? I tried leaving the li tags out, but then the ad goes INTO the post, and still does not display properly (goes in the middle of the page and cuts in half)

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 2">

<li>
<div id="banner_below_messages_td">

<!-- begin travelstories  ROS 728x90_2 -->
        <div id="td_728x90_bot_ros">
            <script type="text/javascript">
***script code goes here***</script>
        </div>
<!-- end travelstories  ROS 728x90 -->

<br />

</div>
</li>

Put this in your EXTRA.css

Code:
#header, #header>div { margin: 0 0 !important; }

The space is using the Gutter Width setting in Style Properties > Global Settings which will be set as 16px in your settings, if you adjust this it will also alter a lot of other spacings throughout your board, so just use that code I've given you to resolve your spacing issue.

Thanks!

Style Properties: ├ [UI.X] Forum Nodes
New Indicator Label

.... shows for guests (non-logged in) too. Suggest that it should only show for logged-in members.

I can't display an ad *between* posts. The code I was using in my previous style no longer works for UI.X (breaks the layout), so I'm wondering what I need to change to make is work, can you help me out? I tried leaving the li tags out, but then the ad goes INTO the post, and still does not display properly (goes in the middle of the page and cuts in half)

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 2">

<li>
<div id="banner_below_messages_td">

<!-- begin travelstories  ROS 728x90_2 -->
        <div id="td_728x90_bot_ros">
            <script type="text/javascript">
***script code goes here***</script>
        </div>
<!-- end travelstories  ROS 728x90 -->

<br />

</div>
</li>

Did you try just doing the ad code? We've built the ad templates to really support whatever you throw at them so Im surprised you keep having issues :(. If after you try that its not working create a ticket and Ill go in and do it for you.

Style Properties: ├ [UI.X] Forum Nodes
New Indicator Label

.... shows for guests (non-logged in) too. Suggest that it should only show for logged-in members.

Hmm. We are using the same code that changes the node icon to show that label. Im not sure if that makes sense to do, any one else have input?

Why? CDN is a good thing. I certainly want to use CDN for all possible content.
CDN when it pertains to geolocation is a good thing, but most sites just serve a file from their regular web server.

You can use fontawesome CDN or local, there is a style property for that. Same with jQuery. Its just the extra IE8 stuff we are loading locally.

We are using the same code that changes the node icon to show that label. Im not sure if that makes sense to do
Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 11.36.05.webp

Here's an example. Whilst the node icon is OK and a lot more subtle, the New Indicator standards out a LOT more and looks, IMHO, quite sillly for guest users since of course all content will be new.

Little bit of an update here:

• xenPorta dropdown menu icon margin issue fixed
  • post history link fixed
  • toolbar can now be entirely fontAwesome
  • online indicator as a default 'triangle' shape works better now
  • alerts are more prominent (made them red when there is something to read as opposed to tertiary color, works across userbar/nav better)
  • hide visitortab username setting added
  • show avatar in the visitor tabs (I know this is default, we just made it a setting so you can show a glyph icon instead)
  • you can now choose to close welcome block when it is in fixed position as opposed to it prepending back into the content pane
  • private message controls are responsive as opposed to always on always off
  • all files are pulled locally, not requiring you to use external CDNs for any files whatsoever anymore
  • html5 shiv, css3, media queries for IE8 is now a setting for those that don't care about IE8 :p
  • admin menu is responsive as opposed to always on or off based on visitor tabs to user bar setting
  • we designed a new login modal
  • retain avatar dimensions simplified to use small/medium/large avatar sizes in postbit
  • various postbit inprovements
  • tons of CSS optimization
  • you can now choose to allow jump to bottom as well as jump to top
We are looking into a breadcrumb issue on windows phone, nothing major here, just wanted to check into it, but that is quite literally all we have left before a release so we are thinking tonight/early tomorrow.

Cool! Any plans to include this suggestion in the near future?

Top Bottom