Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Here's another suggestion which I'd like to figure out a way to implement. I think it'd go a long way in smoothing things over when moderators delete content.

1. User posts inappropriate content.
2. Mod soft-deletes content.
3. Mod starts conversation with user explaining.
4. User edits inappropriate content from post.
5. Mod un-deletes content.

As mentioned in the thread linked above, #4 will likely require custom development. I thought about integration with this add-on since it seems it's fairly minimal. The user has to be able to both see and edit his or her deleted content. Basically it would look and function exactly like it does for a moderator viewing a soft-deleted post, but the user would be limited to seeing and editing only his or her deleted content.

Bonus Points: One could build this out a bit to include a sort of queue where users could see their deleted content and moderators could track deleted content, but I think that's getting ahead of the basic functionality intended here.

@Xon if you think it'd be better for me to seek this functionality elsewhere please let me know. I'm more than willing to donate a bit of $ for this and the suggestion above :)

Hmmm, I've now granted my users the ability to lock their own threads. However, they can still write in their threads without unlocking them first which confused some of my moderators (and I believe it would have confused me, too).
Did you mean to post this in the Moderator Essentials thread?

This is expected, as if you can lock/unlock a thread, you can reply to a locked thread. The problem is how Moderator Essentials determines a moderator locked thread Is somewhat broken atm.

I would like to request that you make Conversations convertible into threads and vice versa. I think this would be a good technical support feature for sites, such as mine, whereas PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK THAT CONVERSATIONS are the same as asking a question IN THE FORUM. Unfortunately, some people do not seem to abide by certain ETIQUETTE. That being said, the ability to convert Conversations to Threads would be a healthy feature for moderators and administrators.

Does this addon do this ?

When you have notifications on "Mod Log Items" and you go to them, the logs show up fine, but when you go to another page or refresh they all get wiped. Is there a way to make the logs stay there?

Does this add-on allow to move posts from a thread to another newly created thread ?

Without merging initial and recipient threads.

Mehdi

You have to be moderator too.
Not in Admin or moderator group, but to have moderators and administrators permissions.
Add yourself as moderator (supermoderator) in users menu na acp
/admin.php?moderators/add

Done but checkbox is still hidden, might be some cache issue, don't worry about it mate thanx a lot for the help, and sorry to OP for the off topic!

Mehdi

Top Bottom