Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I didn't remove my cart, just hid it so that new licenses won't be sold until someone else takes them over. I believe @Stuart Wright is going to but he wants to make sure he has a developer lined up and has the resources to handle support and everything. Doesn't want to get overwhelmed. Do you need to download the latest version right now or something?

I didn't remove my cart, just hid it so that new licenses won't be sold until someone else takes them over. I believe @Stuart Wright is going to but he wants to make sure he has a developer lined up and has the resources to handle support and everything. Doesn't want to get overwhelmed. Do you need to download the latest version right now or something?
No, not now, just in general. Alright, good to know, thanks!:)

Is there any news for the life of this product? Can we expect to be back or we have to find some other more reliable alternative?

Is there any news for the life of this product? Can we expect to be back or we have to find some other more reliable alternative?
I've taken over developing this add-ons.

However, I'm still waiting on getting the licencing/product information sorted out. Once that is sorted out, I'll post an announcement and update each add-on with new working links.

@Xon, we do not need to update addons, just claim licence?

Also, couple of suggestions (same as I posted on your forum)...

• It will be nice if we could have like feature in reports (or better support for Post Ratings addon)
  • Chance to tag staff members in report comments
  • Feature to enable/disable thread notes per forum in node permission (now it only for all nodes or no one)
  • It is strange that you can create thread notes for automatically created threads from moderator action log item, it makes no sense
  • Make that automatically created links above first post in this 2 cases (Thread notes and discussion moderation log thread) open in new tab
  • If staff user just open thread notes, or discussion thread, and close it but not post any word, thread is still exist wth one post, but that post is empty post. Suggestion is that opening that thread will automatically put some text on the top of post, to avoid empty first posts.
  • Is it possible to make discuss link in moderator action log more visible, or some kind of button?
  • BBcode editor in reports comments
  • Is it possible to show directly beside name of warning, how much points will user get for that warning
  • When user editet post, after that on the bottom is "Last edited by:". There is no username after that. Phrase is not edited at all. So for some reason variable {name} is not parsed.
  • When some of Staff edit post, it is only show "Last edited by Moderator", any chance to show a moderator username, not just Moderator? So it will be Last edited by (moderator name or even just common users username if he is in group who can edit his own posts)?

Thanks for the suggestions. My first focus will be bugfixes and maintenance updates.

@Xon, we do not need to update addons, just claim licence?
Correct. I will post an update on XF.com if the add-on itself is updated.

• It will be nice if we could have like feature in reports (or better support for Post Ratings addon)
  • Chance to tag staff members in report comments
My Report Improvements add-on already does this (likes + search), so I'm unlikely to move this into this add-on.

As for me, I've been pining for these for a while :)

Hey @Daniel Hood any chance you can make this part of ME

Add option to e-mail staff/admin/mods upon any moderation action

Please? Pretty please????

Got another one for you

I'm really surprised that this was not part of the core, and even more surprised that this is not available via any addon. Even the addition to the mod log in XF1.5 was completely disappointing IMO. You can filter by what mod took what action, but not by the user upon which the action was taken and can't filter down to the type of action taken on them.

What I was expecting (I was totally expecting this to be default) is a function that would allow a Mod/Admin, on the front end or the ACP, to view a summary of active warnings or even a summary of all warnings evern given, based on (in order of) the user, or based on (order of) level of severity. Why is this not anywhere in Xenforo or any addon? It completely befuddles me. You have to go to the Mod Log, which you can only search for 30 days max via this addon, then it only shows the individual warnings.

The only way to figure out where someone sits is by going to their profile. What if a warning was given 2 months ago, and active for 3 months? No way to figure that out unless you remember giving it.

Is this just a function that no one cares about having? Seems that if one of my mods asks "hey is there a way we can see who has ever received a warning" the answer is basically "yeah but it's a total pain"

So, am I missing something or is there just no easy way to do that?

This one https://xenforo.com/community/resources/warning-improvements-by-xon.4156/ I thought would have it, but it doesn't look like it does

If staff user just open thread notes, or discussion thread, and close it but not post any word, thread is still exist wth one post, but that post is empty post. Suggestion is that opening that thread will automatically put some text on the top of post, to avoid empty first posts.
To add to this one, I found a bug, sort of.

If you open a Thread Notes thread basically what happens is you have the main thread and the companion Thread Notes thread that are linked indirectly. If you go into the sub-forum where the Thread Notes thread was created and hard-delete that thread, it does delete it. Then if you go back to the main thread and click the Thread Notes tab, it throws an error saying the content cannot be found. Meaning, once a Thread Notes thread is created, it is permanently linked and if that target goes away it won't create a new target to replace it.

I guess to me I don't like the idea that you could click on that Thread Notes tab and create a new thread with no content. Like if someone taps it by mistake. To me it should be something that you have to actively create with a "post" button, meaning, you click the Thread Notes tab and it opens some kind of editor where you had to create content (notes) which would then be linked to the original thread after it was submitted, but maybe this is not as simple as it sounds.

Either way one should be able to hard-delete "nusiance" Thread Notes threads without breaking the link for the future...add it to the list @Xon

I paid and im using this but a strange bug has happened, there is no option to resolve or take any action against reports, not on the report list or on the actual page itself, please see:

EXSoYbI.png

Do you have Widget Framework, or some custom sidebar stuff? As something else looks to be adding the stuff on the sidebar overwriting the normal options there.

Is there any potential problem with allowing users to see the "Top Contributers?" I clicked allow in the user group permissions, but I have a slight concern it may give them access to other stuff.

Is there any potential problem with allowing users to see the "Top Contributers?" I clicked allow in the user group permissions, but I have a slight concern it may give them access to other stuff.
That permission only gives access to that functionality.

@Xon you seem to have a good grasp of the TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations add-on.

I was wondering, would it be possible to add a feature to this add-on so that moderators could access the "TPU Spam trigger log" via the front end?

It's a great tool for keeping tabs on new user registrations and making sure that they're all authentic.

Last edited:
@DroidOne that record being show in actually the standard XenForo spam trigger log entry. But yes, showing that on the front-end is a good idea.

I've noted this down as a feature request.

As if you're not busy enough @Xon, I have a feature suggestion which I'd be willing to kick in some cash for. I posted this here:

Our members have an annoying habit of editing thread titles and/or posts once they're done with their threads. Unfortunately, we need to retain the ability for them to edit these.

Is there an add-on which will kick any edits into the moderation queue for approval?

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom