Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
You have to have permission set for doing moderation.
Try to analyze your account permissions in ACP
/admin.php?permissions/analyze

You have to have permission set for doing moderation.
Try to analyze your account permissions in ACP
/admin.php?permissions/analyze

It's "Yes" everywhere, it must be something to do with either my cache or template, i'll have my dev look into it when he gets online.

Thanx again mate ! (y)

Mehdi

Cache has not anything with that, nor template I think.
Permissions are instant.
If you could not resolve this, just ask for help here, somebody will help you.

• Fix option to disable sending warning conversations so it actually disables them correctly

I can't get Send Warning Conversations By Default working. If I try to enable this from settings and give a warning to user the check box is empty for Start a conversation with user and needs to be clicked.
I've had a look at this, and it is working as expected for me (with Warning Improvements).

This looks like Moderator Essentials is fiddling with this value. Can you send me a screenshot of your Moderator Essentials options so I can troubleshoot it?

Xon updated Moderator Essentials with a new update entry:

Feature & Maintenance Update

Migration process for 1.11.x (or older).

Install 1.12.x (or newer), then install Sticky Thread Ordering or Who Replied as required. Any permissions or data are transferred into the formats these add-ons accept, and Moderator Essentials will no longer remove those permissions or data on uninstall.

Changes:
  • Use hinted code event listeners
  • Rework Thread Notes UI.
    • Now under the thread tools dropdown menu
    • New tabs to switch between thread and it's discussion thread
      • Very much open to UI feedback
    • Better handles the notes/discussion thread evaporating under it (may not have caught all failure cases)
    • Changing the notes/discussion thread node, and then moving threads into that node fixes links up
    • Add indexes so the lookup aren't slow as ****...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon, after update on new version, what to do with old file on server - /public/library/ModEss
Could we delete that folder?

Thinking of buying this add-on - just wanted to query one of the features:
  • View deleted posts/threads placeholders. A user group permission that allows your members to view the placeholders of deleted items - just the place holder without the ability to view the deleted item itself. In the ACP options page you can select whether or not to also include the provided reason for the deletion.
Does this show a placeholder to ALL members with the permission (everyone can see everyone else's deleted item placeholders) - or just the member who's post has been deleted (can only see your own deleted items placeholder)?

Thanks,
Shaun

@CyclingTribe it lets a user with that the View deleted posts/threads placeholders permission view all deleted item placeholders. Not just their own deleted items.

@CyclingTribe it lets a user with that the View deleted posts/threads placeholders permission view all deleted item placeholders. Not just their own deleted items.
Okay, thanks for the clarification @Xon - that's probably a useful feature for forums where they prefer to display a public reason for deletion, but it's not something I'd want to enable as we moderate privately so as not to embarrass, anger or shame people in front of the rest of the community. (y)

Reactions: Xon
I'm just installing this now and in the options, at the bottom it says: Rollback Warning - Which warning do you want to issue when a user's edit history is reverted?

I don't want to issue a rollback warning, how do I turn this off please?

To add to this one, I found a bug, sort of.

If you open a Thread Notes thread basically what happens is you have the main thread and the companion Thread Notes thread that are linked indirectly. If you go into the sub-forum where the Thread Notes thread was created and hard-delete that thread, it does delete it. Then if you go back to the main thread and click the Thread Notes tab, it throws an error saying the content cannot be found. Meaning, once a Thread Notes thread is created, it is permanently linked and if that target goes away it won't create a new target to replace it.

I guess to me I don't like the idea that you could click on that Thread Notes tab and create a new thread with no content. Like if someone taps it by mistake. To me it should be something that you have to actively create with a "post" button, meaning, you click the Thread Notes tab and it opens some kind of editor where you had to create content (notes) which would then be linked to the original thread after it was submitted, but maybe this is not as simple as it sounds.

Either way one should be able to hard-delete "nusiance" Thread Notes threads without breaking the link for the future...add it to the list @Xon
I've just hit on this one within about 20 mins of installing and testing - I permanently deleted a thread in the Thread Notes forum and the tab still appears on the associated thread, giving an error when clicked.

Shouldn't the Thread Notes tab disappear when you delete the thread notes thread?

I've created a forum for - Action Discussions (The node you want threads to be started in for every moderator action log item.) - but it doesn't appear to be creating threads for modding actions. Is there a time delay?

I've got a User Essentials release that should be out in a week or two, and then I plan to work on cleaning this add-on up more.

I'm just installing this now and in the options, at the bottom it says: Rollback Warning - Which warning do you want to issue when a user's edit history is reverted?

I don't want to issue a rollback warning, how do I turn this off please?
I'll have a look, but you should be able to just not selected a warning.

I've just hit on this one within about 20 mins of installing and testing - I permanently deleted a thread in the Thread Notes forum and the tab still appears on the associated thread, giving an error when clicked.

Shouldn't the Thread Notes tab disappear when you delete the thread notes thread?
I thought I fixed that, I'll have another look into it. The Thread notes stuff is honestly kinda ****ty, and probably needs an(other) overhaul to cleanup this sort of stuff.

I've created a forum for - Action Discussions (The node you want threads to be started in for every moderator action log item.) - but it doesn't appear to be creating threads for modding actions. Is there a time delay?
I'll need to have a look, I'm unsure about this feature. It might be the wording is just bad and it has never done that.

Top Bottom