Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Suggestion: An Admin CP option to "clean" the moderator log would be a great thing. Setup a date where everything before that is cleaned out. Right now I have to do it with PHPMyAdmin.

Do you think a prune setting would be better? Have an option to prune log items after x days and then a cron would run daily and clear them out?

Yes. Interestingly it is in my custom style as well es in the XF default style. So I guess it is not a template that has been messed up, I could think that it might be a template mod, that is doing this.
Forgot to respond to this, can you look at your template mods and see if one of them is being applied twice as much as the others?

Do you think a prune setting would be better? Have an option to prune log items after x days and then a cron would run daily and clear them out?
That would be nice-to-have too. But I am more for a hard reset. It helps developers of boards to do test and load/delete any example and dummy data and then delete the log because they launch the board. It would be strange for moderators that join to view older mod log entries with total nonsense... just a thought. Maybe I combination of prune after X days and a hard reset which is just the truncation of the moderation log.

Forgot to respond to this, can you look at your template mods and see if one of them is being applied twice as much as the others?

modess_template_mods.webp

Yeah, I was trying to decide whether or not the Top Contributors part belonged in User Essentials or Moderator Essentials. Decided it might be used as a staff tool more than common knowledge.

Glad you find it useful though.

Feature suggestion. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask...

First - I love the Top Contributers feature.

Here's my request: I'd like to be able to generate a similar list, by date instead of thread.

I run sports websites, and the night of, and day after a loss is brutal. I'd like to be able to generate a list for a day I select, sorted by # of posts. This would help me identify who is more likely to show up after a loss.

This feature may help other sites as well.

This is not a high priority request, but it would help.

Any chance to exclude some nodes from "thread notes"?

Also it is strange that you can create thread notes for automatically created threads from moderator action log item, it makes no sense.

Another suggestion is to make that automatically created links above first post in this 2 cases (Thread notes and discussion moderation log thread) open in new tab.

Also, if staff user just open thread notes, or discussion thread, and close it but not post any word, thread is still exist wth one post, but that post is empty post. Suggestion is that opening that thread will automatically put some text on the top of post, to avoid empty first posts.

Is it possible to make discuss link in moderator action log more visible, or some kind of button?

That is correct, you have to click to discuss them. Originally I had it creating a thread for every log item but people said they disliked it and would rather select which ones get a thread. I'll consider a toggle to switch between the two settings for the next release.

Hello,

I was wondering if this is already available? For our forum we'd actually like this specific feature that a thread is created automatically when a warning is given.

Also it is strange that you can create thread notes for automatically created threads from moderator action log item, it makes no sense.

Another suggestion is to make that automatically created links above first post in this 2 cases (Thread notes and discussion moderation log thread) open in new tab.

Also, if staff user just open thread notes, or discussion thread, and close it but not post any word, thread is still exist wth one post, but that post is empty post. Suggestion is that opening that thread will automatically put some text on the top of post, to avoid empty first posts.

Is it possible to make discuss link in moderator action log more visible, or some kind of button?
Any thoughts about this suggestions @Daniel Hood? (y)

To exclude some nodes, just override the permissions for those nodes so that nobody has permission to view/add notes.

I'm not sure I understand the problem with this?

Opening them in a new tab is just a matter of editing the templates though, not a big change.

As for creating threads without entering a post, that has been suggested a lot but it is not an easy change to make.

Yeah I can make them a button.

To exclude some nodes, just override the permissions for those nodes so that nobody has permission to view/add notes.
There is no permission to enable/disable thread notes per forum in node permission (/admin.php?node-permissions).
Should I look somewhere else?

@Daniel Hood
Would be great to see some spicing up of the report interface. Maybe options like bulk close / assign, filtering of member/resource/thread reports etc.

General Suggestion: Make the "thread name tab" in the thread (that lets you switch back and forth between the original thread and the "thread notes") completely get rid of the thread name.

Meaning that you just have two tabs in each thread that show "Thread" and "Thread Notes".

Reason: Repeating the thread name in the tab is redundant and sometimes confusing. Especially when the thread name is veeeery long, it takes much space, fills the tab with text which gets ugly layout results.

If you reduce it to just the "Thread" term, it is consistent in all threads and corresponding to "Thread Notes" in a logical way.

Please consider this. It seems to be a template mod rather than a template, so I have no chance to customize it for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom