[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map

[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map 2.5.0

No permission to download
Receiving this error while upgrading 2.3.7 -> 2.3.8:
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] PharData::__construct(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/domain.com) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/:/tmp/) in src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Repository/GeoIp.php at line 134
XF::handlePhpError()
PharData->__construct() in src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Repository/GeoIp.php at line 134
DBTech\MemberMap\Repository\GeoIp->geoIpUpdate() in src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Setup.php at line 190
DBTech\MemberMap\Setup->postUpgrade() in src/XF/AddOn/AddOn.php at line 574
XF\AddOn\AddOn->postUpgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 699
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionFinalize() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Receiving this error while upgrading 2.3.7 -> 2.3.8:
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] PharData::__construct(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/domain.com) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/:/tmp/) in src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Repository/GeoIp.php at line 134
XF::handlePhpError()
PharData->__construct() in src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Repository/GeoIp.php at line 134
DBTech\MemberMap\Repository\GeoIp->geoIpUpdate() in src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Setup.php at line 190
DBTech\MemberMap\Setup->postUpgrade() in src/XF/AddOn/AddOn.php at line 574
XF\AddOn\AddOn->postUpgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 699
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionFinalize() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
You need to fix that by contacting your host, this is a server error.

You need to fix that by contacting your host, this is a server error.
Sure, I know it´s a server error. It´s a standard Plesk (onyx) setting, that on servers with multiple domains the open basedir is located in {DOCROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/} instead of {WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}. Just thought you might be interested, as this could happen to a lot users and may be you could adjust something in the add-on for that.

DragonByte Member Map 2.3.8
Xenforo v2.1.6 Patch 1

Something change with Google API?? I just looked at membermap not sure which update the issue started but it was running fine a one or two updates ago...
membersmapissues.png

Yes, it's still working fine.
OK thanks. I'm having issues I don't understand. I'm getting the same error as the user above, but I've gone in and set up new keys for Google, as well as a new project for MaxMind.

Finally, I also get a 'for development only' on all the tiles for the Geo Map and frequently it won't load the images at all.

Is that something I've done wrong? I do notice that it's working to a point, It's working ok at times, but I do get the error above. I've set this up with new credentials but this was a while back

OK thanks. I'm having issues I don't understand. I'm getting the same error as the user above, but I've gone in and set up new keys for Google, as well as a new project for MaxMind.

Finally, I also get a 'for development only' on all the tiles for the Geo Map and frequently it won't load the images at all.

Is that something I've done wrong? I do notice that it's working to a point, It's working ok at times, but I do get the error above. I've set this up with new credentials but this was a while back
Have you tried a Google search for that error message? The message is from Google themselves, not this add-on.

Have you tried a Google search for that error message? The message is from Google themselves, not this add-on.
Have you considered using both the IP location and the members stated location in their profile data? We'd love to implement this but would also love that as an option (use member location first, then IP location).

Also, is there a performance limit on the number of members it will map? We have 20k members.

I found the solution. But it's not what I wanted. I had to change over to google cloud, which can be a pay service. Also had to set a payment method, including adding my CC.

It seems a lot has changed now. I will go through today and see how I can do this differently, but I tried the google account stuff over and over and even though I got my credentials it never worked. On a whim I thought I'd check out the new google cloud and get credentials there. This worked, but I honestly don't know what billing tier it puts me at. I figured I'd research all that today.

When I put those credentials in suddenly the 'development only' overlays, and the google error went away.

Keep in mind I had already set up my maxmind account and have that running.

i'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but i do know for sure it can be done this way.

Have you considered using both the IP location and the members stated location in their profile data? We'd love to implement this but would also love that as an option (use member location first, then IP location).
There's a chance someone will commission that work, though it's not set in stone at this time.

Also, is there a performance limit on the number of members it will map? We have 20k members.
I'm not sure. Clustering is supported, so there may not be, though loading 20k DOM elements for the map to render may slow down browsers depending on the system used to access the map.

I found the solution. But it's not what I wanted. I had to change over to google cloud, which can be a pay service. Also had to set a payment method, including adding my CC.

It seems a lot has changed now. I will go through today and see how I can do this differently, but I tried the google account stuff over and over and even though I got my credentials it never worked. On a whim I thought I'd check out the new google cloud and get credentials there. This worked, but I honestly don't know what billing tier it puts me at. I figured I'd research all that today.

When I put those credentials in suddenly the 'development only' overlays, and the google error went away.

Keep in mind I had already set up my maxmind account and have that running.

i'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but i do know for sure it can be done this way.
We currently have that same problem with the map (using Members map 1.6) and I'd not investigated it at all (not a high priority as you can just dismiss the error). I'll be curious to hear what (if anything) this costs you on your forum (and the size of your forum and map use).

We currently have that same problem with the map (using Members map 1.6) and I'd not investigated it at all (not a high priority as you can just dismiss the error). I'll be curious to hear what (if anything) this costs you on your forum (and the size of your forum and map use).
i don't think it will cost. For one thing, when you sign up it's like signing up a new account at Amazon. You get $300 in credit and one year free. So in my experiment even if it begins billing it would take up some of the credit.

Not to mention, I've found that people think it's neat and cool, then after about a week it rarely gets hit again. it's nice to be there, fun to check things out, but once you've done so why go back?

It's just a 'fun' thing to do IMO

Funny, that's exactly how I found the problem. I was perusing the error log (I'm a stickler with keeping those clean) and we've had that addon running for a long time, but nobody had hit it. Soon as they did the google error popped up, which led me the only solution I could find which might mark the death of it. unless I can figure a way out to do this without having a dollar sign next to it. Certainly not that important.

Funny, that's exactly how I found the problem. I was perusing the error log (I'm a stickler with keeping those clean) and we've had that addon running for a long time, but nobody had hit it. Soon as they did the google error popped up, which led me the only solution I could find which might mark the death of it. unless I can figure a way out to do this without having a dollar sign next to it. Certainly not that important.
Our members use the map a fair amount. Makes it easier to arrange boat raft ups in an area.

Our members use the map a fair amount. Makes it easier to arrange boat raft ups in an area.
Oh yes that definitely sounds like something it would be great for.

I don't have a huge forum, but it's been running for 12 years now. I've pruned a lot of messages and dead user accounts which left us with about a million posts but only 2500 or so members.

Back when we had this before (I don't remember if it was on XenForo 1x or vBulletin before they destroyed it) but we were considering using it for meet ups, as we had reporters around the US attend live events. Would have been the same type of use.

If you hear anything please let me know. Even if it had little practical value I really like the premise, and the GeoIP information has certainly gotten better at locating the real location of the users. Previously we had trouble with large ISPs. Time Warner for instance. if someone used them for service, their IP is owned by Time Warner and sometimes it would simply place them at their central office. But that has greatly improved.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Member Map with a new update entry:

2.4.0 Beta 1

Update highlights

!!! THIS VERSION REQUIRES XENFORO 2.2.0 AND PHP 7.2.0 !!!

This version contains coding style updates and changes for XenForo 2.2.0 / PHP 7.2.0.

It's now possible to auto-fill the location field by utilising the "Google Places" API. Furthermore, the geolocation feature has received some back-end changes to improve reliability and 3rd party support.

This version is flagged as a Beta version as it has not been tested on a live site...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom