[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map

[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map 2.5.0

No permission to download
I obtained a new keys days ago and the issue was not resolved.
This would likely be due to incorrect permissions being issued with the API, IIRC it was a bit of a pain to get the right set of permissions. I couldn't include a key with the project itself due to usage limitations.

I love this product and features but I have a few questions, 1st I don't see the map interface on my profile and even searched in the ACP under users or permission, I do see it under the main addon section and enabled in options but that's as far as it goes, am I missing something? 2nd when creating an API key google wants my billing information, is this not free?

1st I don't see the map interface on my profile and even searched in the ACP under users or permission, I do see it under the main addon section and enabled in options but that's as far as it goes, am I missing something?
It's under the Members drop-down menu in the front-end.

2nd when creating an API key google wants my billing information, is this not free?
Likely they just ask you for billing info in case your usage goes above the free tier.

Check the browser's developer console, there may be some JS errors or messages there.

Its working in Safari, But these messages are in the Chrome console

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://cfnpidifppmenkapgihekkeednfoenal/vendor/browser-polyfill.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
antiphishing.js:9377 Sending APH request...
2DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://cfnpidifppmenkapgihekkeednfoenal/content/syncpromise.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
192-192-01.png:1 GET https://mhfmedia.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/data/assets/logo/192-192-01.png 403 (Forbidden)
(index):1 Error while trying to use the following icon from the Manifest: https://mhfmedia.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/data/assets/logo/192-192-01.png (Download error or resource isn't a valid image)

Its working in Safari, But these messages are in the Chrome console

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://cfnpidifppmenkapgihekkeednfoenal/vendor/browser-polyfill.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
antiphishing.js:9377 Sending APH request...
2DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://cfnpidifppmenkapgihekkeednfoenal/content/syncpromise.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
192-192-01.png:1 GET https://mhfmedia.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/data/assets/logo/192-192-01.png 403 (Forbidden)
(index):1 Error while trying to use the following icon from the Manifest: https://mhfmedia.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/data/assets/logo/192-192-01.png (Download error or resource isn't a valid image)
Those aren't related. Can you make your member map visible to guests and give me the URL so I can have a look?

I have a person that just will not show up on the map. She's in a user group with the correct permissions. I've even given her personal permissions, She has not checked to be omitted, she is not hiding her online presence. Ive changed the location in her profile several times to avoid any ambiguity. the map should show everyone. Click on the location field under her avatar and she shows up on the map. But she refuses to show up on the member map. What am I missing? Cheers

Ive changed the location in her profile several times to avoid any ambiguity.
If you're referring to the "Location" field, that isn't how Member Map fetches the location data. It uses the IP address, and either looks it up through the MaxMind GeoLocate database (if you filled out the license key field) or via a webservice (which can be unreliable if you have a lot of requests).

If IP lookup fails for whatever reason, their location will not show up in the Member Map.

If you're referring to the "Location" field, that isn't how Member Map fetches the location data. It uses the IP address, and either looks it up through the MaxMind GeoLocate database (if you filled out the license key field) or via a webservice (which can be unreliable if you have a lot of requests).

If IP lookup fails for whatever reason, their location will not show up in the Member Map.

Thanks, but I have GeoIP Look up turned off. I mention the location field, just to prove the address is recognised. Given what I said above, Why would someone not appear on the map? They have given their permission, their usergroup has permission, their address is valid, they are not hiding their online presence. What am I missing?

I mention the location field, just to prove the address is recognised.
I don't understand why this is relevant. The location field in someone's profile is not used to place their pin.

If you turn off GeoIP lookup, people will have to manually drop their pin on the member map by visiting the member map page.

I don't understand why this is relevant. The location field in someone's profile is not used to place their pin.

If you turn off GeoIP lookup, people will have to manually drop their pin on the member map by visiting the member map page.

I'm missing something aren't I. Sorry. How do they manually drag and drop a pin that is not there on the map in the first place?

I'm missing something aren't I. Sorry. How do they manually drag and drop a pin that is not there on the map in the first place?
The user must visit the member map page and allow the page to use the Location feature in the browser. That'll then drop a pin, which they can then move.

As the admin, you currently have no ability to edit a user's pin location.

Top Bottom