This release marks the first version of the re-engineered XenForo 2 version, fully in line with the XenForo 2 Resource Guidelines.
The XF2 version has also received back-end updates to improve the stability & reliability of the GeoIP lookups. You will need to wait for the cron job to run through all users again, though, or run it manually.
The XF1 version has not been updated.
Complete Change Log
Feature: Users can change their opt-out preferences from the Preferences page Change: Reworked the back-end location service to be more performant and more reliable Change: Re-engineered the software to run exclusively on XF2 Change: Removed unneeded templates, phrases and options
What is happening?
On the 11th of July 2018, XenForo published their Resource Guidelines aimed at ensuring performance & stability of XenForo modifications. At the moment, this product does not meet these standards, due to the fact that this product has been engineered to allow the core code to run on both XenForo 1 and XenForo 2.
As a result, I am beginning work on re-engineering this product to become a "native" XenForo 2 modification. At this point in time, there are no plans to re-engineer the XenForo 1 version, as the guidelines appear to target XF2 specifically.
What does this mean for the XF1 version?
Given that I will no longer be able to produce new features for XF1 and XF2 simultaneously without also doubling the work, the version numbers for the XF1 and XF2 versions may diverge going forward. The primary focus of development will be the XenForo 2 version of this product. Support for the XF1 version is NOT ending, and you will continue to be able to download the XF1 version alongside the XF2 version free of charge. Whether I will bump the XF1 version's version number to be in line with XF2 is undecided at this time.
What does this mean for the XF2 version?
First of all, I want to be clear that you will NOT have to uninstall the existing XF2 version in order to continue using this product going forward. I will be releasing beta versions of the re-engineered XF2 version as I finish working on them. I will need your help testing the various features and combinations of features in order to ensure the Gold version is as stable as possible.
When will this update be released?
Unfortunately it is not possible for me to give an ETA on when these updates will be completed, as it depends on the complexity of each individual modification.
Will this be a paid upgrade?
If you have an active license at the time of release, you will be able to download the new version free of charge.
I would also like to ask for your patience while I work on this update. My ability to fix bugs in the existing released version may be diminished, depending on the complexity of the issue.