[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map

[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map 2.5.0

No permission to download
Looks cool and have always enjoyed your addons. Can you find members in a certain proximity, e.g., I'm looking to find a list of all members within 20 miles of this zipcode/postal code, etc.?

Looks cool and have always enjoyed your addons. Can you find members in a certain proximity, e.g., I'm looking to find a list of all members within 20 miles of this zipcode/postal code, etc.?
You would need to do that manually, there's no search feature.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Member Map with a new update entry:

Update highlights

!!!This version requires PHP 7.4+!!!

This version adds an automatic refresh of the GeoIP database when the MaxMind license key is changed. It also refactors some backend code as well as fixing compatibility issues with PHP 8.2 / 8.4.

Complete Change Log

Feature: Changing the MaxMind GeoIP license key will now immediately trigger a background update
Change: Refactored backend code
Change: Bump minimum PHP version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Member Map with a new update entry:

The Future of MemberMap

Hi all,

I'm using the "Post an update" feature as this is quite an important announcement; starting with v3 of Member Map for XF2.3, the underlying map technology will change from Google Maps to Leaflet.

The following map providers will be used:

Read the rest of this update entry...

That sounds great. Is it possible to use geolocation instead of IP location for users location? Maybe as option for the admin?

That sounds great. Is it possible to use geolocation instead of IP location for users location? Maybe as option for the admin?
When a member visits the member map, their browser will prompt them for geolocation to show the nearby area. If the member in question cannot drag and drop their own pin, that location will be saved as their location.

(This functionality works the same way in the current version.)

(This functionality works the same way in the current version.)
My fault, I use the wrong wording. Actually your add-on use geolocation with the browser data, but I need (as an option) to use geocoding instead. I know it is not easy. I thought your are rewrite with a new API and maybe you can add a new function.

My fault, I use the wrong wording. Actually your add-on use geolocation with the browser data, but I need (as an option) to use geocoding instead. I know it is not easy. I thought your are rewrite with a new API and maybe you can add a new function.
I’ve no idea what geocoding is, sorry.

Geocoding uses lat/long or addresses instead of IPs for locations. So the admin or user can decide if the map location is his browser/ip or his location field from the account.

But that’s exactly how the map has always worked…? It either uses browser geolocation or IP address location as a start point and (with permission) users can drag their own pin to set a precise location.

There is no other way of doing a map.

Top Bottom