[8WR] Discord Integration

[8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Any chance to sync specific threads/categories to channels?
ie: "introduce yourself" thread posts only to "introduce yourself" discord channel
currently it takes all threads from the forum and dumps them into a channel

If not are there plans to expand on that feature? I think it'd be very nice to have.

Ok for the Longest Time, I thought I was Crazy, but now with Discord's AUDIT LOG I can now see This BOT Randomly Removing ROLES from people..... These Roles, are NOT set in the Discord Options.. As you said before, if the Roles are not set, it will leave those Tags alone.. but it's not. And It's random too as you can see.

2nd Issue, should it be showing Unknown Account on the Account Sync Page?

uK2MJuO.png

lbFKxu1.jpg

Last edited:
Any chance to sync specific threads/categories to channels?
ie: "introduce yourself" thread posts only to "introduce yourself" discord channel
currently it takes all threads from the forum and dumps them into a channel

If not are there plans to expand on that feature? I think it'd be very nice to have.

You can already do this. Go To your Introduce yourself Forum, and edit it, now go to the Discord Intergration Tab, and Choose what #channel you want Posts/Replys to go to.

Hey @Jaxel,

I ran the latest update yesterday, and I'm getting a lot of errors in the admin server error logs now. I have tried re-uploading the files again. As this was labelled a hotfix, I assume I don't need to run the upgrade?

Code:
Undefined variable: userID
3 minutes ago - library/EWRdiscord/DataWriter/Users.php:24

The requested page could not be found.
3 minutes ago - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1359

Having the same issue...

Ok for the Longest Time, I thought I was Crazy, but now with Discord's AUDIT LOG I can now see This BOT Randomly Removing ROLES from people..... These Roles, are NOT set in the Discord Options.. As you said before, if the Roles are not set, it will leave those Tags alone.. but it's not. And It's random too as you can see.

2nd Issue, should it be showing Unknown Account on the Account Sync Page?

uK2MJuO.png

lbFKxu1.jpg
Did you try the fix I mentioned on the previous page? Go into your admin CP, make sure your syncs are set and CLICK SAVE AGAIN.

Jaxel updated [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.8e HOTFIX

• Fixed errors with roles getting desync'd.
The way role-syncing works in the Discord API is, whenever you sync a user, it replaces that user's ENTIRE role tree. So if you don't include a role in the list, that role will be lost on the next sync. This is why originally role syncing was 1:1... and in order to make exclusionary role-syncing in the last version I had to double up on the API queries in order to do role comparisons between a user's old roles and...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Did you try the fix I mentioned on the previous page? Go into your admin CP, make sure your syncs are set and CLICK SAVE AGAIN.

I did, but My guys may have deleted remade to figure out whats going on, But I take it you figured out what the issue was, and fixed it with 1.0.8e HOTFIX if I read that right.

I'm completely missing how to set the link for the "Click Here to Join Our Discord Chat" link. I watched the video, but this part of it says you don't have to manually edit the template anymore. Which is cool, but where do I set this now? When I click the link currently, it is just to the root of my website, and doesn't have anything to do with Discord. Otherwise, things have gone really smoothly and this is working great!

@Jaxel is there a way you could add a feature, so that I can go into Admin and get a List of All users, and the Discord Accounts they are linked with on one page?

@Jaxel is there a way you could add a feature, so that I can go into Admin and get a List of All users, and the Discord Accounts they are linked with on one page?
You can already do this yourself. Make a usergroup promotion for anyone who links their account... then just search for that usergroup.

You can already do this yourself. Make a usergroup promotion for anyone who links their account... then just search for that usergroup.

as always thank you!

So the only One I see tho is this one.
  • User's forum account is associated with their Discord account
I set it up, Forced the Cron, and No one got Added the that user group? Should there be another one down below, for Discord Sync?

Last edited:
Hey,

I just purchased it and want to disable the "Chat" navigation item. Is there a way to do this via options instead of manipulating the templates?

Also does the bot post take permissions into account? I've now had the bot post threads from internal forums to our discord. It'd be cool to be able to select the nodes from which the bot should auto post. Thus we could exclude internal nodes from being posted to Discord.

Furthermore, we're using VaultWiki instead of XenCarta. Would it be possible to add a bot post for that, too? Similar to discord_carta_x_edited_wiki_y.

I'm completely missing how to set the link for the "Click Here to Join Our Discord Chat" link. I watched the video, but this part of it says you don't have to manually edit the template anymore. Which is cool, but where do I set this now? When I click the link currently, it is just to the root of my website, and doesn't have anything to do with Discord. Otherwise, things have gone really smoothly and this is working great!
Jaxel answered this before, I guess:
As for the "click here to join". You don't have an instant invite channel set up on your server. So it can't invite people. Your server is not publicly joinable.
But how do I do this? I've already created a link that never expires with an unlimited amount of users.

Ah thank you for that, Is there a way you could add the Option to Post All Streamers?
I second that suggestion.

Also I have installed TaigaChat, as well as XenPorta 2 Pro, which both add nav bar items, and my server logs are filled with these entries:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: instant_invite - library\EWRdiscord\Listener\NavTabs.php:17
Generated By: heftelin, 12 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\EWRdiscord\Listener\NavTabs.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', 'C:\\inetpub\\wwwr...', 17, Array)
#1 [internal function]: EWRdiscord_Listener_NavTabs::listen(Array, 'articles')
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\Dependencies\Public.php(495): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('navigation_tabs', Array)
#4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\Dependencies\Public.php(371): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams('articles')
#5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(637): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "https://domain.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: members - library\EWRdiscord\Listener\NavTabs.php:18
Generated By: heftelin, 13 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\EWRdiscord\Listener\NavTabs.php(18): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', 'C:\\inetpub\\wwwr...', 18, Array)
#1 [internal function]: EWRdiscord_Listener_NavTabs::listen(Array, 'articles')
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\Dependencies\Public.php(495): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('navigation_tabs', Array)
#4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\Dependencies\Public.php(371): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams('articles')
#5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(637): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "https://domain.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: instant_invite - library\EWRdiscord\Listener\NavTabs.php:17
Generated By: Jeani, 23 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\EWRdiscord\Listener\NavTabs.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', 'C:\\inetpub\\wwwr...', 17, Array)
#1 [internal function]: EWRdiscord_Listener_NavTabs::listen(Array, 'taigachat')
#4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\Dependencies\Public.php(371): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams('taigachat')
#6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(56) "https://domain.com/taigachat/list.json"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["sidebar"] => string(1) "1"
    ["lastrefresh"] => string(10) "1494775592"
    ["fake"] => string(1) "0"
    ["room"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/forums/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
Hey,

I just purchased it and want to disable the "Chat" navigation item. Is there a way to do this via options instead of manipulating the templates?
Just add to EXTRA.CSS, its not hard:
Code:
.navTab.articles a { display: none; }
.navTab.articles .tabLinks a { display: inherit; }
Also does the bot post take permissions into account? I've now had the bot post threads from internal forums to our discord. It'd be cool to be able to select the nodes from which the bot should auto post. Thus we could exclude internal nodes from being posted to Discord.
You can enable/disable posting on an individual node basis in the node tree.
Furthermore, we're using VaultWiki instead of XenCarta. Would it be possible to add a bot post for that, too? Similar to discord_carta_x_edited_wiki_y.
I dont know anything about VaultWiki, so no.
Jaxel answered this before, I guess:

But how do I do this? I've already created a link that never expires with an unlimited amount of users.

Also I have installed TaigaChat, as well as XenPorta 2 Pro, which both add nav bar items, and my server logs are filled with these entries:
You didn't watch the installation video... You MUST enable the widget for your server to assign an instant invite channel.
I second that suggestion.
That would be super spammy. You don't want this.

Thank you for your responses. Anything about the server errors I'm getting?

Just add to EXTRA.CSS, its not hard:
Code:
.navTab.articles a { display: none; }
.navTab.articles .tabLinks a { display: inherit; }
Are you sure the right css class is .navTab.articles? Shouldn't it be .navTab.discord? However, I do believe a setting for that would be more clean.

That would be super spammy. You don't want this.
Actually, I do... The only thing that'd force me to do is to add all ours streamers to the "featured" list, lol.

Thank you for your responses. Anything about the server errors I'm getting?

Are you sure the right css class is .navTab.articles? Shouldn't it be .navTab.discord? However, I do believe a setting for that would be more clean.

Actually, I do... The only thing that'd force me to do is to add all ours streamers to the "featured" list, lol.
Enable the widget... server errors will go away.

yeah, navTab.discord

You can add the games your streamers play to the featured list.

Thanks.

Another small bug: When viewing the chat (Discord) page, it displays "Viewing Unknown Page" as the current users' activity. A phrase "Viewing the Discord server" would be more appropriate

I've now changed all my streams to be featured streams.

Just found another bug, though: Changed the phrase discord_rio_x_now_streaming_y_z, however it still posts messages using the default english phrase. Changing the thread and post phrase worked, but not the streaming one.

Top Bottom