[8WR] Discord Integration

[8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 1.0.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Jaxel updated [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6 CHANGELOG

This is a pretty big update, and changes the way messages are posted by your bot. Please read all the patch notes and read the FAQ before asking for support!
  • Forum events auto-posting by a chat bot on your Discord server were previously handled by webhooks. This is no longer the case. Messages are instead handled by your Public App Bot. Before your bot can post messages though, it needs to complete a single handshake with the Discord servers. This is simple, just click the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Unfortunately, the server that I'm trying to use this with has a bunch of BS cosmetic roles that they like to assign to people.
I don't actually -need- the rank syncronization, I specifically bought it for the login integration and that was it.

If I were to, say, delete the cron job that syncronizes the ranks, would the login integration continue to work? or would that mess it up?
The only thing that matters for me is people being able to connect to the forum using their discord account.

Unfortunately, the server that I'm trying to use this with has a bunch of BS cosmetic roles that they like to assign to people.
I don't actually -need- the rank syncronization, I specifically bought it for the login integration and that was it.

If I were to, say, delete the cron job that syncronizes the ranks, would the login integration continue to work? or would that mess it up?
The only thing that matters for me is people being able to connect to the forum using their discord account.
Everything should continue to work fine. Although, it resyncs every time there is a user change... so just disabling the cron job wont be enough.

I will add the ability to disable role syncing in the next version.

Jaxel updated [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.7 CHANGELOG

This is a quick update to meet a feature request. It is still recommended you read the patch notes for 1.0.6 if you have not already done so. After upgrading, make sure you review your settings, as some option names have changed.
  • Added the ability to disable Role Syncing; in case you wanted to disable that but still use the other features.
  • Nick Syncing and Role Syncing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, ran across a custom built Discord/XF bridge on a website. The guy had a widget on his XF that listed the users online in discord. Even had them color coded for (online, busy, and away). He also had it set where users could had to get a Authentication token from his XF and message it into the bot in order to have access to discord. I though that it was super cool.

Would probably take forever for me to figure out how to do, but easy would it be to implement something like that into this add-on?

Hey, ran across a custom built Discord/XF bridge on a website. The guy had a widget on his XF that listed the users online in discord. Even had them color coded for (online, busy, and away). He also had it set where users could had to get a Authentication token from his XF and message it into the bot in order to have access to discord. I though that it was super cool.

Would probably take forever for me to figure out how to do, but easy would it be to implement something like that into this add-on?
Except for the color coding, this mod already does all this. And you can do it without having the message the bot.

Getting the following error, this occurs after choosing the guild for the bot to use.

An exception occurred: Illegal string offset 'position' in /home/rainbox/public_html/library/EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php(13) : runtime-created function on line 1

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php(13) : runtime-created function at line 1
  2. __lambda_func()
  3. usort() in EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php at line 13
  4. EWRdiscord_Option_Roles::renderOption()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 345
  6. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 72
  7. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
  8. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
  9. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 78
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rainbox/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Getting the following error, this occurs after choosing the guild for the bot to use.

An exception occurred: Illegal string offset 'position' in /home/rainbox/public_html/library/EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php(13) : runtime-created function on line 1

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php(13) : runtime-created function at line 1
  2. __lambda_func()
  3. usort() in EWRdiscord/Option/Roles.php at line 13
  4. EWRdiscord_Option_Roles::renderOption()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 345
  6. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 72
  7. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
  8. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
  9. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 78
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rainbox/public_html/admin.php at line 13
You didn't give your bot admin privileges... Uninstall and try again.

You didn't give your bot admin privileges... Uninstall and try again.

Trying to uninstall i get the following error:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in EWRdiscord/Install.php at line 73
  5. EWRdiscord_Install->_uninstall_0() in EWRdiscord/Install.php at line 65
  6. EWRdiscord_Install::uninstallCode()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
  8. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
  9. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rainbox/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Trying to uninstall i get the following error:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in EWRdiscord/Install.php at line 73
  5. EWRdiscord_Install->_uninstall_0() in EWRdiscord/Install.php at line 65
  6. EWRdiscord_Install::uninstallCode()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
  8. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
  9. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rainbox/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Remove the extra comma on line 72 of EWRdiscord/Install.php and try again.

I know you were looking to make this lightweight, but I have a feeling it's going to become more than that (since this is the best addon I have seen yet). I was wondering if there is a way that you could add Resources as an option for a webhook. I'm looking for a way to post initial posts and update posts using a webhook.

Sorry if you were already asked and answered this question.

I know you were looking to make this lightweight, but I have a feeling it's going to become more than that (since this is the best addon I have seen yet). I was wondering if there is a way that you could add Resources as an option for a webhook. I'm looking for a way to post initial posts and update posts using a webhook.

Sorry if you were already asked and answered this question.
I dont have the resource manager... so I can't look at it.

Thanks, i have managed to uninstall and reinstall perfectly fine.

When trying to link my discord i get the following error, The requested user '' could not be found..

This is when i have already matched my username on website to that on Discord, ticked and unticked the Username sync. Not really sure whats going on.?

Thanks, i have managed to uninstall and reinstall perfectly fine.

When trying to link my discord i get the following error, The requested user '' could not be found..

This is when i have already matched my username on website to that on Discord, ticked and unticked the Username sync. Not really sure whats going on.?
Have you logged into your Discord server yet? You don't exist on your server until you have.

Have you logged into your Discord server yet? You don't exist on your server until you have.

Yea the discord has been running for months. Other users are also getting the same error when trying to link accounts.

Posting to the server as the bot works fine so everything is linked up okay it would appear.

Last edited:
Yea the discord has been running for months. Other users are also getting the same error when trying to link accounts.

Posting to the server as the bot works fine so everything is linked up okay it would appear.
PM me your website and server details and I will take a look.

Oh dang, that's a shame. I don't assume that someone with the manager could help you in anyway?
If someone gave me FTP access to their server, I could look at the code and whip something up.

Top Bottom