XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hey Jaxel any idea why the nav tab isn't showing ? i have it enabled with online count but it doesn't show anything on the navbar?
Permissions?

@Jaxel is your addon able to sync from a Discord role and add a user to a xenforo usergroup?

ie We have a Community Member role on discord for those regularly active, I would like them to auto get a Community Member usergroup on xenforo at the same time.
One way. It syncs from XenForo to Discord; not the reverse.

Getting the following error:

Code:
Error: Call to a member function getAvatarUrl() on null src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php:82
Generated by: Unknown account Feb 9, 2018 at 8:34 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php(13): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->postThreadToDiscord(Object(ThemeHouse\Bookmarks\XF\Entity\Thread), Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Entity\Post))
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Shop/XF/Entity/Post.php(10): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#2 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/Entity/Post.php(231): DBTech\Shop\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1137): DBTech\Credits\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1131): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#5 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(285): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#6 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_save()
#7 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(134): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save()
#8 src/XF.php(392): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->XF\Service\Feed\{closure}()
#9 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(142): XF::asVisitor(Object(KL\NotificationServiceFramework\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#10 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(112): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->importEntry(Array)
#11 src/XF/Job/Feeder.php(44): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->importEntries()
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Feeder->run(7.9928591251373)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9928591251373)
#14 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9928591251373)
#15 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(32) "https://www.theegn.com/articles/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Getting the following error:

Code:
Error: Call to a member function getAvatarUrl() on null src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php:82
Generated by: Unknown account Feb 9, 2018 at 8:34 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php(13): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->postThreadToDiscord(Object(ThemeHouse\Bookmarks\XF\Entity\Thread), Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Entity\Post))
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Shop/XF/Entity/Post.php(10): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#2 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/Entity/Post.php(231): DBTech\Shop\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1137): DBTech\Credits\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1131): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#5 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(285): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#6 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_save()
#7 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(134): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save()
#8 src/XF.php(392): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->XF\Service\Feed\{closure}()
#9 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(142): XF::asVisitor(Object(KL\NotificationServiceFramework\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#10 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(112): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->importEntry(Array)
#11 src/XF/Job/Feeder.php(44): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->importEntries()
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Feeder->run(7.9928591251373)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9928591251373)
#14 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9928591251373)
#15 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(32) "https://www.theegn.com/articles/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
You allow non-users to post on your forums?

cant install on xf 2.0.2 , get this error with 2.0.0.8 version

XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry 'discord' for key 'PRIMARY' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 78
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 161
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/addons/EWR/Discord/Setup.php at line 39
  6. EWR\Discord\Setup->installStep2() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
  7. EWR\Discord\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
  8. EWR\Discord\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 378
  9. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1889
  13. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  14. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hey Jaxel,

I checked the FAQ but couldn't see anything.

Do existing customers of your 1.0 add on get a discount if we bought it less than a year ago? Or do we purchase again for 2.0?

Is it possible to require a user to connect their discord account in this addon? For example, when they first register, bring up a page to connect their account with the server link?

Hey Jaxel,

I checked the FAQ but couldn't see anything.

Do existing customers of your 1.0 add on get a discount if we bought it less than a year ago? Or do we purchase again for 2.0?

You have to re-buy it, i had asked the same question, and he told me i had to re-buy when i asked him.

Seems my bot is offline. I figured it would stay online as long as my web server is up and running. Any idea what could be up?

Last edited:
Hey, love the videos you produce @Jaxel.

New to Discord and pretty new to XF(2).

If I purchase your Discord add for XF2 and setup a Discord server, can I have my XF users access all the Discourse functionality without first having to logon to Discord? By that I mean, can they just start chatting in the XF Discord app, with their XF usernames copied across into Discord?

So I guess, what I saying is can I use this as a transparent chat server - without my users needing to create a mirrored account on Discord?

Many thanks

Chris

I don't think you can do that with this. It merely associates your forum account with your discord account using the external accounts functionality. Similar to facebook, twitter, google, steam etc.

You can force members of your discord channel to have their display names match their forum usernames though, so it's easier to identify people.

Can this addon be used solely to post new threads/posts to Discord, without the registration and role syncing stuff?

Hi @Jaxel , I have a forum that uses moderated threads for applications and I'm trying to make it so those threads are posted to a staff channel in Discord when they're created instead of when they're approved. I'm guessing this needs an edit to Thread.php but the closest I can get is so the threads post both when they're created and when they're approved. Could you help point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
I am having a lot of issues getting this thing working.

All of a users Discord roles are removed when joining the forum minus the ones assigned by the forum itself.

9651c82cb655ab829ef639bc23c957e7.gif

Any role conected to a forum rank in the plugin's admin panel is susceptible to being removed from users by the Bot.

I don't know how, or when it will. But I believe it removes roles because you don't own the usergroup on the forum, so I guess the Bot syncs that with discord.

e.g.

John has the role admin on discord, but does not have admin on the forums.
The Bot then notices this, and removes admin from john, because johnis not in the admin usergroup.

Top Bottom