XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I did message KL about removing the discord or editing it so it works with this add-on but he spoke about money and paying for it, which put me off.

And if the forum has KL's mod installed, it would update the links from KL's mod... which we can't use since his connections have different scopes.
Sure, but I would argue that the temporary inconvenience of having to reinstall his mod would be the lesser evil compared to having to run into this issue forever and ever.

Fillip

I am really lost sorry - where do I find myPHPAdmin? I cannot install this addon even if I uninstall [KL] User Improvements now - keep getting the error above.

Sorry, that was a mistype on my part. It's phpMyAdmin. If you're using it, you'd find it with your hosting tools, not in the XF AdminCP.

Yes, thanks, looked at this and I am trying to do it. Our forums (still in beta thankfully) are running on an AWS ec2 instance and I am trying to figure out how to get at the bd on the instance. New to AWS as well and it is not as straightforward (at least to me) as a normal server :D yay! So much fun.

Ok, from one newbie to another, if you want to use both addons:

Make sure to install [KL] User Improvements first.

• Check in your hosting tools for phpMyAdmin.
  • If you have it, on the left-hand side, select the database your XF forum is installed to.
  • Then, in the top bar, select Search.
  • Search for 'discord' and hold CTRL to select both xf_connected_account_provider and xf_user_connected_account.
  • Click Go.
  • If you have 1 matching record in each table, you can drop that record by hitting Delete. (You should only have 1 matching record if you haven't successfully installed the 8WR version.)
    • If you have multiple matching records, you can either drop all of them, or click Browse to select a specific one. In your case, you may as well drop all of them since the setup has been complicated, so it'd be better for users to recreate their connections.
Install Jaxel's 8WR Discord add-on.

Some screenshots below to help, if needed. Hope this makes sense, I'm sort of figuring it out as I go myself.

6RDzkLJ.png

DZmXb1X.png

Sorry, that was a mistype on my part. It's phpMyAdmin. If you're using it, you'd find it with your hosting tools, not in the XF AdminCP.

Ok, from one newbie to another, if you want to use both addons:

Make sure to install [KL] User Improvements first.

• Check in your hosting tools for phpMyAdmin.
  • If you have it, on the left-hand side, select the database your XF forum is installed to.
  • Then, in the top bar, select Search.
  • Search for 'discord' and hold CTRL to select both xf_connected_account_provider and xf_user_connected_account.
  • Click Go.
  • If you have 1 matching record in each table, you can drop that record by hitting Delete. (You should only have 1 matching record if you haven't successfully installed the 8WR version.)
    • If you have multiple matching records, you can either drop all of them, or click Browse to select a specific one. In your case, you may as well drop all of them since the setup has been complicated, so it'd be better for users to recreate their connections.
Install Jaxel's 8WR Discord add-on.

Some screenshots below to help, if needed. Hope this makes sense, I'm sort of figuring it out as I go myself.

6RDzkLJ.png

DZmXb1X.png

Thank you - this is helpful - I now understand what phpMyAdmin is actually is :) - its a GUI - haha I was looking for a file. So we don't phpMyAdmin running on our ec2 instance - apparently not the greatest for security. So it was fixed through the command line. @fly stepped in and fixed it for us - he is awesome.

I do think that either @Jaxel or @katsulynx should step up and fix this issue - it is going to come up over and over again for people needlessly as people try both of these add-ons at once.

My 2 cents anyway.

Last edited:
Thank you - this is helpful - I now understand what phpMyAdmin is actually is :) - its a GUI - haha I was looking for a file. So we don't phpMyAdmin running on our ec2 instance - apparently not the greatest for security. So it was fixed through the command line. @fly stepped in and fixed it for us - he is awesome.

I do think that either @Jaxel or @katsulynx should step up and fix this issue - it is going to come up over and over again for people needlessly as people try both of these add-ons at once.

My 2 cents anyway.

Awesome. I don't use the command line as much as I ought to, I suppose.

It would definitely be nice to have a solid fix by the creators, rather than leaving us users to fumble through and possibly break things. Between the two, Jaxel has the greater incentive. The error breaks his add-on entirely, after charging users for it. For KL, it's in line with, but not the primary purpose of, the add-on, and the add-on is provided free of charge.

The error breaks his add-on entirely, after charging users for it. For KL, it's in line with, but not the primary purpose of, the add-on, and the add-on is provided free of charge.

TBH, both develops should have been practicing better standards and using unique names from the start. Anyway, they should both change the na!e to something more unique from this point forward.

Awesome. I don't use the command line as much as I ought to, I suppose.

It would definitely be nice to have a solid fix by the creators, rather than leaving us users to fumble through and possibly break things. Between the two, Jaxel has the greater incentive. The error breaks his add-on entirely, after charging users for it. For KL, it's in line with, but not the primary purpose of, the add-on, and the add-on is provided free of charge.

You hit the nail on the head - we shouldn't have to fumble through and possibly break things.

TBH, both develops should have been practicing better standards and using unique names from the start. Anyway, they should both change the na!e to something more unique from this point forward.

You posted this just as I was writing the following:

I don't make add-ons for Xenforo or do any DB stuff (obviously) but if I did it would seem like a programming 101 practice to name my DB entries with something that would not possibly conflict with others. So as an example: @Jaxel would name his DB entry discord_8WR while @katsulynx could name his discord_KL so at a bare minimum these kinds of things could not happen.

I don't make add-ons for Xenforo or do any DB stuff (obviously) but if I did it would seem like a programming 101 practice to name my DB entries with something that would not possibly conflict with others. So as an example: @Jaxel would name his DB entry discord_8WR while @katsulynx could name his discord_KL so at a bare minimum these kinds of things could not happen.

Yeah, when you are adding functionality to a existing platform it is best practice to use a unique name so these type of issues do not come up.

Any way to have only threads/posts from certain categories posted in the discord or to exclude categories?
have you set the nodes ? there should be an option "discord" on the nodes section and you can set it up to post on that section only.

also make sure to put the option "none" to the bot channels on the discord integration options if you don't want all the threads and post to be posting on that channel.

Hi @Jaxel

In the past I used another discord addon for xf1 and had an annoying bug where it would remove roles off a discord user when adding a new one. Is there a way for your addon to prevent it from removing roles from a user when adding another role?

If the role is set to (none), it will not be overwritten. If these are NEW roles that were implemented after you set up your bot, you need to click SAVE on the options page for the settings to get registered.
Is there no way to have the bot give people usergroups based on their discord roles rather than having those overwritten for the lack of them?

Some people land on Discord first, get to know us and then sign up on the forum.

Is there no way to have the bot give people usergroups based on their discord roles rather than having those overwritten for the lack of them?

Some people land on Discord first, get to know us and then sign up on the forum.
This addon syncs forum to discord, not the other way around.

Top Bottom