XF 3 General Information & Discussion

While I and others understand that developement means that things could change any given time - how optimistic are you guys with meeting the deadline of a 2024 release?

Is it realistic given your current progress or are there maybe still major difficulties/decisions you are fighting with?

But make it easier for non techy admins to do so as an option.
Having said that I believe if you are running a forum and want a certain amount of personality or character in your them design, it’s important to know at least some basic html and css ands know how to use a browser inspector to work some stuff out.

It has been under development for a while and remains so.

Just to be clear, I don't mean the implementation of it. I'm sure that'll take plenty of time.

as the design was finalised and the technology behind it was being integrated

What I mean is, are we back working on the integration part, or is the design being changed again?

Oh god, please no - I'm already having to spend so much time extensively testing and upgrading all of my addons to work with XF 2.3, I don't have time to do it all again for a new theme in XF 3.0 just yet.

I'm quite happy to wait until some time next year (or later!) for XF 3.0

Was there ever such a deadline?
No, it was an aim. We’ll be giving an update this coming week.

What I mean is, are we back working on the integration part, or is the design being changed again?
This is mostly all semantics but the core design hasn’t been changed. We got slowed down by some backend changes we needed to make. But on the whole work has been ongoing in the implementation.

The beauty of this software...even if they release it tomorrow, you can wait until 2034 for XF 3.0 if you want to. :p

You kind of missed my point - as an addon developer, I need to continually upgrade my addons to work with newer versions of the software. That takes a lot of time, especially with 40+ addons to test and upgrade.

You kind of missed my point - as an addon developer, I need to continually upgrade my addons to work with newer versions of the software. That takes a lot of time, especially with 40+ addons to test and upgrade.

Yep, that one definitely flew over my head. I automatically assumed you were talking about add-ons on your personal site. Sometimes I'm an idiot. 🤦‍♂️

This is mostly all semantics but the core design hasn’t been changed. We got slowed down by some backend changes we needed to make. But on the whole work has been ongoing in the implementation.

Maybe so, but I'd imagine there's a huge difference between working on the actual design and working on the implementation of the design. I'm not a designer, so I really don't know. I just assume a good amount of time goes into the design work prior to any integration work and I'd also assume that the actual integration takes quite a bit longer than the design.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. It'll be released when it's ready. We're all aware of that, and there's nothing anyone can do to speed that up, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd much rather it take longer and have a better quality product than otherwise. That doesn't mean we don't want to know what's happening back there. I, like a lot of the other customers I'm sure, just like to know where the progress is at.

No, it was an aim. We’ll be giving an update this coming week.

I don't like the sound of that...🤣

I'm quite happy to wait until some time next year (or later!) for XF 3.0
Go Away Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Back
Top Bottom