Idle Chatter | A General Discussion Community

No fancy updates to post but I've moved my site from KnownHost to @MattW hosting services today. What a guy, what more can I say. Done an amazing job. I couldn't be happier.

For now, we wait until I'm ready and able to upgrade to XF2.3, it will probably be well into the second half of the year before I even consider it but today was the first step towards that process.
Your work ethic and drive is my inspiration. Not trying to be 'cheese' - just honest!

Okkaaaaaaaay, lets try and get this showcase back on track...

Made some little tweaks to my "Book Club" section, this should be the final adjustments as we mirror the layouts of the other addons by @Bob that we use.

bookclub1.webp bookclub2.webp

Another addon from Bob with a slight tweak is our Recipe Book (Showcase addon), I wanted the discussion thread associated with the item to have the exact same layout...and now it has, icons and all.

recipesthread.webp

I've purchased and installed Enhanced Search (mainly for the new XF2.3 features) and tweaked the Similar Threads widget so it mirrors my thread list layout...

ES1.webp

And I've started work on replacing my current social groups with the Social Groups addon by DBTech - this is something I'm hoping to finalise for when I upgrade to XF2.3/3.0

SG1.webp

I'm also looking at moving away from the Audentio Feeds addon and hopefully will have something in place for the upgrade but maybe XF3.0 will have a feeds feature, who knows 🤷‍♀️

I'm also looking at moving away from the Audentio Feeds addon
I tried it in testing and the staff hated it (and I didn't see the point to it), so I uninstalled it fairly quickly. With our visitors, they skew older, and have used forums like ours for decades--it's what they are familiar with.

It's just a matter of knowing the community and what they expect. The addon may work well for some sites, in other words.

Top Bottom