XF 3 General Information & Discussion

A small site had a cost loss of $3k income because it took a bit longer to get everything setup than had been expected 🙃. Think the 'downtime' was 1.5 or 2 days, and we considered rolling back because we ran into an issue that did not come up in the ~6 months of testing.

This was on a Tuesday-Wednesday, which normally makes less income than the weekend but also lined up with a surge in re-activity.
Sounds like a slight case of all the ducks lined up in a row! Upgrade issues, slowest revenue day surges due to activity spike... Couldn't write it!

I decided to upgrade my small forum to 2.3.2 as soon as it came out.
No issues. None whatsoever.
My members actually love it.

Will XF 3 benefit from the traditional HYS, even revealing the new style little by little or will it be implemented overnight to preserve the wow effect!

Just to avoid any further speculation, the release of XF 3.0 is not imminent. Work on it has continued parallel to 2.3 but there are a lot of moving parts and the new default style is essentially a from-scratch rewrite (of the style) with lots of under-the-hood changes. Kier has been and is primarily driving the development of the new style.
Will the 3.0 style look like this current 2.3 one?

I only have one request please, move public navigation to the right & put the logo at the end, and the user panel to the left side.

I only have one request please, move public navigation to the right & put the logo at the end, and the user panel to the left sid
I also have only one request.

Please don’t do that.

But make it easier for non techy admins to do so as an option.

I’m hoping that any new theme makes it easier and more intuitive to customise for those of us who aren’t developers.

Back
Top Bottom