XenForo 1.5 discussion and feedback

Jeremy, is that still relevant as it's not on the face of it an admin route. it's /install ?? Just checking.

I'm not sure it is because when I set the jquery source to local, this error is no longer present.

Next upgrade I'm gonna disable pagespeed module just to try and pin this down as it get's me everytime haha.

Jeremy, is that still relevant as it's not on the face of it an admin route. it's /install ?? Just checking.

I'm not sure it is because when I set the jquery source to local, this error is no longer present.
Yes:
This is deliberate to ensure jQuery always works in the Admin CP/Installer, even if the CDN is down.

And, opening up the templates for the installer / upgrader, the path to the JS is this:
HTML:
    <script src="../js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>
    <script src="../js/jquery/jquery.xenforo.rollup.js"></script>
    <script src="../js/xenforo/xenforo.js"></script>

Well.... I have to say then that this is very very strange behaviour.

This morning I upgraded to xF 1.4.8 and had to manually click "proceed" at each step.
Low and behold, I forgot it was beta thursday and sure enough, the beta lands so I thought I'd upgrade to beta 2. Remembering the pain of earlier today and having to manually advance each install step I set the jquery source to "local".
Whilst upgrading to 1.5 I did not need to manually advance each step, it auto-advanced just like it does when rebuilding templates in the ACP.

So, how can this be explained if the install procedure ignores the jquery source? I can only assume something in 1.5 itself has affected this. Maybe @Mike can shed light on this because looking at all the information here, the change in jquery source should have made zero difference.

I couldn't really guess what's causing it. The key would be what was actually breaking it -- as in debugging that in place -- rather than what appears to have fixed it (but by all accounts, shouldn't be related in any way).

Reactions: Rob
Well, nothing at all was changed between installing those two seperate versions, not less than a few hours apart. The only change was the jquery CDN source. I'm puzzled, however, for the next release I hope to get a better idea.

Why are the free demos not using XF1.5? I think they should update it. I do like the new features of XF 1.5.:)

Dunno if this have been asked earlier, but does XF 1.5 require a higher PHP version than earlier XF versions?

Just went live with 1.5 on my site. All went very well! My members are absolutely ecstatic about the new features (I integrated the tags system into our gallery add-on to great effect), and they're really enjoying the profile post comment improvements in particular. Meanwhile, we on staff are liking the responsive ACP and 2-factor authentication :)

Top Bottom