XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

XenForo has never gone above RC3, and that was for 1.0.0.

Monitoring the bugs forum is a good indicator of whether it was going to be another RC or stable.

I don't know how XenPorta is going to work (it's on a forum I'm likely shutting down anyway), but I think this was the first time I've upgraded XF and not had any of the add-ons quit working! This is going to make the upgrade a lot easier for me since I won't be putting out as many fires, and I won't be stalled waiting for add-on developers to update (if they haven't already yet). I like these smaller incremental upgrades since there is less of a change overall for users and for staff.

I'd just like to say that after upgrading today, having the Image Proxy feature is so nice. No more 'mixed content' or 'page contains insecure content' notices on my SSL forum! Thanks!

Also upgraded with no problems on 2 of my sites. Now upgrading the rest of my licenses. :D
Is there a way to separate out the new editor toolbar button dropdown for spoiler/quote/etc.? As in have an individual button for each one.
Where have you been, @Rambro? This question could've been asked during Beta/RC stages when they were able to add new features. Oh well, there's always next time. :)

Upgraded this morning. Scared me initially by saying that the version of files didn't match, but a refresh got around that caching issue.
Did the upgrade using the command line and it took around 25 minutes with most of that being to rejig the IP address tables.

Coincidentally, I'm delighted to see that the daily stats rebuild is now MUCH faster than under 1.2.x. This is a very good thing as it always starts from earliest message/user registration which was in June 2000 for us. I might look at doing an add-on to let admins choose which dates stats are rebuilt.

Upgraded from 1.2.5 to 1.3 and all went smooth and fast. I've also noticed that the forum is much faster than before. Just seems "snappier".

Upgraded from 1.2.5 to 1.3 and all went smooth and fast. I've also noticed that the forum is much faster than before. Just seems "snappier".

Can others confirm that 1.3 is indeed "faster" compared to 1.2.x ? How about from the develop team? Are there performance improvements ?

Can others confirm that 1.3 is indeed "faster" compared to 1.2.x ? How about from the develop team? Are there performance improvements ?
An entirely unscientific test on my local gives the following for the forum list:
1.2.5 - Timing: 0.0480 seconds Memory: 4.070 MB DB Queries: 11
1.3.0 - Timing: 0.0370 seconds Memory: 4.154 MB DB Queries: 11

Top Bottom