XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

The Daily Stats cron job is much faster (due to the addition of a post_date index on the posts table), but I've not noticed any other significant speed difference.
That index did get rid of the last slow query that MySQL was reporting regularly though. I know that change has been under consideration for some time (2 years at least).

Folks, you should see 1.3 as half full not half empty. Which is there is no decrease in performance after all this brand new features :p

An entirely unscientific test on my local gives the following for the forum list:
1.2.5 - Timing: 0.0480 seconds Memory: 4.070 MB DB Queries: 11
1.3.0 - Timing: 0.0370 seconds Memory: 4.154 MB DB Queries: 11

Is that improvement is due to more efficient code or better indexing on the databases? I've found that XF tends to be more CPU bound than anything else and for us anything that improves CPU efficiency is great.

I'm still running 1.24, and will upgrade probably when 1.3.1 is released, not that there is anything to concern me in 1.3.0, but any upgrade that touches the posts table takes hours, so I tend to prefer to keep upgrades to a minimum. Plus I need the add-ons that we use to be stable. I assume that 1.3.1 will be out in a month or two.

1.3.1 out today and I saw this in the changelog. Where is it exactly?

• Added option to allow payments to alternative PayPal accounts to be accepted for user upgrade purposes

Ah, just found that out a moment ago. It's secondary Paypal email addresses.
I was over excited a bit, thinking XF now supports other payment method other than Paypal ;)

• Added option to allow payments to alternative PayPal accounts to be accepted for user upgrade purposes

What about the scenario where I don't want my primary PayPal account associated with user upgrades at all?

For example, my primary PayPal account could be my personal firstname@lastname.com, but I wish to associate a non-primary PayPal email called, say, donate@domain.com with user upgrades on my site.

Would the update in 1.3.1 allow me to do that in a reverse kind of way? That is:

PayPal setup
XenForo setup
Since I already have a number of recurring payments established using my (non preferred) firstname@lastname.com address, I'm both reluctant and unsure how to test this out.

The option should actually allow that. If you make a change, you should keep an eye on the transaction log to see if there are any failures relating to the receiver_email/business value. The option just adds additional emails that will be checked against the receiver_email/business value that PayPal sends, to confirm that you are actually the one receiving the payment.

So if I change the PayPal email accounts within XenForo, would the already existing recurring payments pick up this change the next time a payment is due, or will they continue to pay to the original account?

They will remain. The only way to change that would be to cancel them and have them re-subscribe.

Top Bottom