XenForo 1.4 discussion and feedback

I'm just saying if your site was reviewed by a grammar nazi last week and then reviewed again after you update, they'd be thrilled.

I'm really impressed with the spam registration handling. I used to get spam signups daily, now I get none. Good job!

I'm really impressed with the spam registration handling. I used to get spam signups daily, now I get none. Good job!
You can thank one of the features in the spam handling: xenForo detects if you're a spammer or a human.

Just to make sure: It IS possible to use the upgrade package if I used the latest stable version before, right?
I already did, and everything seems to be working, but I just want to be sure lol.

You should only ever use the upgrade .zip for upgrading.

The full .zip is for new installations only.

Ok, great. I was just curious to know whether or not the upgrading was meant for the latest version (1.4 RC2), or it also included 1.3.5.

Please post support questions / troubleshooting issues in dedicated threads in the appropriate forum.

Wow I am a member from another xenforo forum and I could remove myself from all emails without even logging in on that board. That's outstanding ! I didn't know that was implemented, too. There are so many nice tweaks here and there.

Just installed on 1m post board. On install start it advised this was a large instance of xenforo and I might install from the command line, but I didn't and all went well. Before installing I unhooked a sitemap addon and a member upgrade addon as these are now in the core. SWEET (y)

Attachments

• addons.webp
    addons.webp
    36 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom