XenForo 1.4 discussion and feedback

The only incompatible add-on I have is "Trophy User Titles Progress by Waindigo". This is what I got after the update:

Code:
An exception occurred: No entry is registered for key 'trophyUserTitles' in /var/www/mart/f/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 969

XenForo_Application::get() in Waindigo/TrophyProgress/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php at line 13
Waindigo_TrophyProgress_Listener_FrontControllerPreView->run() in Waindigo/TrophyProgress/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php at line 60
Waindigo_TrophyProgress_Listener_FrontControllerPreView::frontControllerPreView()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/mart/f/index.php at line 13

APC in my case. Lesson learned for me, thanks. :)

Going forward what should my steps be for an upgrade?
Hhmmm.... skipping the browser /install and going straight for the command line resulted in the same thing (closed message when going back to the site). Next time I'll try disabling APC in the config file first.

After upgrading to 1.4 RC, this error message appears when people tries to register:

"Please enter a valid date of birth."

But there are no fields corresponding with that information :confused:

After upgrading to 1.4 RC, this error message appears when people tries to register:

"Please enter a valid date of birth."

But there are no fields corresponding with that information :confused:
Check your addons related to registration or birth date.
I don't have this problem.

Check your addons related to registration or birth date.
I don't have this problem.
I didn't find any conflicting add-ons, but rather a cross-checked option that members must provide a birth date at registration. I deselected that option, and now all is well.

I'm itching to start using some of the new features of 1.4, but I'm not brave enough to install it yet. Whats your best guess for when 1.4 will go complete?

1 or 2 Tuesdays from now would be my best guess. The bugs that are rolling in are definitely on the smaller side.

Just depends if they do an RC2 or a straight release.

1.4 is probably going to cause incompatibility issues, and I don't see some developers updating, for example XenPorta, with that in mind, this is going to be a little bit rough.

1.4 is probably going to cause incompatibility issues, and I don't see some developers updating, for example XenPorta, with that in mind, this is going to be a little bit rough.

There has been very minimal incompatibility issues. I can only recall a couple of add-ons actually, and most that I know of have already released fixes.

Top Bottom