XenForo 1.4 discussion and feedback

Version 1.4 is much less of an issue than 1.3.
I didn't have to make any changes to my FT add-on to make it compatible with 1.4 (or 1.3 for that matter).

Xenporta hasn't been updated since January.

It was left as is, to now focus on XenPorta 2. Or at least that is what was stated in the crowdfund.
His fund was a long while ago, and he hasn't made any announcement since, or any notice of development. No offense to him, his work or his time as he is probably busy, but he's raised over 3 thousand USD to fund developing it and we haven't heard a word about it. It's just a little bit frustrating.

Let's leave discussion of it there please.
This thread is about XenForo 1.4.

Apologies.

@Robust like I said before though, there have been very few issues if you upgrade (that I have seen reported). If you run across any, usually within a day or so the add-on that has issues will get an incompatibility update sent out. (again, that is how I have generally seen it happen).

1.4 is probably going to cause incompatibility issues, and I don't see some developers updating, for example XenPorta, with that in mind, this is going to be a little bit rough.
I have to agree with @Sheldon on incompatibility. I've only really ran into one - and built in features replaces it so that was a minor loss (the add-on did a little more than the built in does).

1.4 is probably going to cause incompatibility issues, and I don't see some developers updating, for example XenPorta, with that in mind, this is going to be a little bit rough.
XenPorta works fine on Xenforo 1.4, but with the lack of support and word from the dev on the update, i would look at other systems to replace it with if i was you. Personally i have already done this, using the add-on by @Brogan and it works real well and fits in nicely.

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 22.21.00.webp

Basically, all the addons i had installed, work on 1.4 or got replaced in the core of Xenforo, so i had no problems at all.

XenPorta works fine on Xenforo 1.4, but with the lack of support and word from the dev on the update, i would look at other systems to replace it with if i was you. Personally i have already done this, using the add-on by @Brogan and it works real well and fits in nicely.

I was actually wondering today if it was working fine or not. At least we know it won't work on 2.0 and with 1.4 being the last should be in the clear for awhile. Ee use XenPorta like we did vB Advanced and I have yet to see another product fill that void. Hoping and praying though.

Brogans plugin works very well for particular types of sites. Those that want article, latest announcement type postings on the front page. That and of course a little more. Ive seen a few gaming sites that would get away with that as well. I'd never convince my people to give up what they have always had lol.

I'm curious because I'm using since beta2 and RC1 seemed pretty stable to me (only two old add-on with problems)

Thanks for the answer!

Top Bottom