Add-on Working on a 'classifieds' add-on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
News and not a good one:

Today my PC crashed, at first I thought my primary HDD failed which was okay as I have backups. But upon further investigation I've found that the mobo and one of the RAM sticks is malfunctioning too. So I guess the whole system got blasted.

And so I'll need a new workstation to continue my work which is currently the problem: as I am that kind of guy who wouldn't touch anything but a high-end rig, and my funds are nowhere near my estimated budget.

So I was thinking if it would be possible to do a quick "crowdfund"?... With different tiers and stuff depending on the amount of donation.

Do note that the add-on is more than half way done and my target was to release it in the middle of this month but this will be thrown back quite long if can't get a workstation.

This is just a thought I just had, to help each other out. I know what happened in the past in this community so I would get it if you guys are not up for it.

Let me know what you think and this needs to be taken care of fast like within the next two days to keep the schedule...

Thanks! :)

Reactions: RDR
News and not a good one:

Today my PC crashed, at first I thought my primary HDD failed which was okay as I have backups. But upon further investigation I've found that the mobo and one of the RAM sticks is malfunctioning too. So I guess the whole system got blasted.

And so I'll need a new workstation to continue my work which is currently the problem: as I am that kind of guy who wouldn't touch anything but a high-end rig, and my funds are nowhere near my estimated budget.

So I was thinking if it would be possible to do a quick "crowdfund"?... With different tiers and stuff depending on the amount of donation.

Do note that the add-on is more than half way done and my target was to release it in the middle of this month but this will be thrown back quite long if can't get a workstation.

This is just a thought I just had, to help each other out. I know what happened in the past in this community so I would get it if you guys are not up for it.

Let me know what you think and this needs to be taken care of fast like within the next two days to keep the schedule...

Thanks! :)
I think you may need to layout some possible options in a bit more detail before many will jump at this but I think you realize that ;). I would like to see more info...

I'm in too.
But need some more detail how user can sell and buy, what options are enabled in ACP/Frontend...

I will sit back and see how this plays out. I am very interested in this mod. If you add auctions to it I will be even more interested.

I will sit back and see how this plays out. I am very interested in this mod. If you add auctions to it I will be even more interested.
Auction is really a big concept and it will take time to implement it. Though I hadn't plans for this but not before the initial version is stable and fully featured enough.

Auction is really a big concept and it will take time to implement it. Though I hadn't plans for this but not before the initial version is stable and fully featured enough.
Naatan gave the go a head to take his auction mod and update and release it. I installed his 1.2 and it runs with a few issues. I installed it on a clean install of 1.4.5.

Naatan gave the go a head to take his auction mod and update and release it. I installed his 1.2 and it runs with a few issues. I installed it on a clean install of 1.4.5.
ooo... never knew there was such add-on.. I will see what I can salvage :) Thanks for the info (y)

ooo... never knew there was such add-on.. I will see what I can salvage :) Thanks for the info (y)
You maybe able to do a few things and release it. But if you do, you may have to release for free. Or you could release it as paid at a low price with the intensions to update it down the road. Release at 20.00 and once you update it you can charge more and give who ever bought a discount or something. Just giving you ideas.

You maybe able to do a few things and release it. But if you do, you may have to release for free. Or you could release it as paid at a low price with the intensions to update it down the road. Release at 20.00 and once you update it you can charge more and give who ever bought a discount or something. Just giving you ideas.
And thank you for that... really appreciate it :)

But I am thinking of creating an auction module INSIDE of the classifieds app as auction is part of a classifieds system, right?

It would be great if it was all in one. But some may want one and not the other. Having 2 mods would make each mod cheaper to buy. Well in my eyes anyways.

This is very interesting. An ability for members to search by some custom fields criteria is great too.
Like price range, etc :)

It would be great if it was all in one. But some may want one and not the other. Having 2 mods would make each mod cheaper to buy. Well in my eyes anyways.

nah, I don't want two seperate mods. It over complicates things. I say just go ahead with finishing the classifieds system and ensuring it's feature rich and stable... then down the line work on auctions support within the classifieds system :)

I say a crowdfund would be a good idea for sure, I am in! I just hope everyone else is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom