Add-on Working on a 'classifieds' add-on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Goodie... I just want to come out and say it.... I love you for making this addon.

I'm working on a site this addon would be IDEAL for. I have looked for Xenforo Classifieds system for ages, to no avail and just now find this thread! Super excited!! :D

Feeling a bit giddy right now :D hope work on the addon is going along well! I think when it's done or ready to go you'll make some good money! I say $60 a license/copy sounds reasonable or more... :D

Hey Goodie... I just want to come out and say it.... I love you for making this addon.
I'm working on a site this addon would be IDEAL for. I have looked for Xenforo Classifieds system for ages, to no avail and just now find this thread! Super excited!! :D
Feeling a bit giddy right now :D hope work on the addon is going along well! I think when it's done or ready to go you'll make some good money! I say $60 a license/copy sounds reasonable or more... :D

I agree a well needed resource. I would say $60.00 is a tad high MHO, unless it was integrated and very powerful like RM is
I would think around 39.95 is fair and you would sell more . $60.00 why might sell , many might hesitate especially in a non
or low bearing forum. You will have several type of people wanting this, some just looking to replace a forum looking classifieds and
some wanting to use it for a business. Perhaps brand and then pay more to unbrand like many addons do. Making affordable for the masses
and for the business minded. Just my two cents. But this is well needed for sure and priced right would probably sell to anyone that owns XF.

Hello everyone! And thank you for your interest. :) And thought it might be a good to post a reply.
I will hopefully have something new in a couple of days for you guys to see :D

I still haven't thought about the pricing but will be in a range making the add-on not too pricey and not cheap either ;)

Hello everyone! And thank you for your interest. :) And thought it might be a good to post a reply.
I will hopefully have something new in a couple of days for you guys to see :D
I still haven't thought about the pricing but will be in a range making the add-on not too pricey and not cheap either ;)
Great glad to hear. You add on going to be popular I would think.

What are your thoughts on an image gallery for a classified item?

I think it's a necessity. Definitely something that would would make it more user friendly.

Images are a huge focus within a classified system making it more user friendly. The first thing I do when I click a listing whether it is on eBay or classified sites like Gumtree is I look through the photos. So having a gallery is definately a must. You'd have to strike a balance though, keeping it simple but easily accessible.

So i'd suggest having some kind of on page mini-gallery if you'd call it that, similar to eBay. So the pictures don't dominate the page making you have to scroll down till you reach the description. But having this mini-gallery float at the top left or within a widget even. It would let you cycle through the images without taking up screen realestate but if you click the larger image it will open a popup gallery the size of the window that lets you see the images however large you want. Similar to Xenforos gallery.

Here's a little ugly sketch showing you what I mean.

Untitled-1.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom