Some of the original discussions can be read in Mr Goodie's original classifieds addon (here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/goodfornothing-classifieds-paid.102085/page-24). Work your way backwards.
A working demo (last I checked) can be found here:
I'll put my copy back up on my test site shortly.
This is NOT a comprehensive list, I actually need to dash off to an airport shortly so will revise this over the next few days. This is a 5 minute spec job.
The premise of the addon (chime in as needed) is as follows:
Facilitates private one to one transactions between forum members.
- List items for sale within a given category (categories predefined by admin i.e. cars, parts, services etc)
- BUMP unsold items periodically (permission based) to top of list
- Modify own items x number of times (permission based)
- Mark item as SOLD by seller thereby closing ad to further exchanges
- Mark item as DELETED by seller (completely removing ad from classifieds system)
- Feature own classified (premium/purchasable feature)
- Renew classifieds (see premium features)
Guest View (Unauthenticated)
Buyer View (Authenticated)
- Separate Classifieds tab/page
- User selectable Grid or List view of all active classifieds
- View Top level sticky ads and/or sliders for featured items (see kijiji as a perfect example of how this is done)
- View/Sort by date, price, title, username
- Sidebar filters (left or right):
-- Generic filters by category, by location (country, state/province/county, city), price (low/high), listing type (sale, wanted)
-- Category specific filters: custom fields per category i.e. car make, mileage, year for example
Item Create View
- Create Item
- Select category
- Specify prefix/title
- Short description
- Custom fields (per category)
- Long Description
- Optional image attachments/gallery in ordered list
- Location/Map (google maps lookup)
- Price and currency (defaulted by admin)
- Package (see purchasable/premium features)
Item Display View (Member)
Item Display View (Guest)
- Each category is linked to a forum
- Each ad auto creates a thread
- Thread is accessible via ad view
- Thread is autoclosed on ad marked as sold
- New thread from classified thread forcibly calls create new classified
Other stuff.. To do...
To be fair to Mr Goodie, his addon was pretty solid and relatively feature rich albeit unfinished.
I'm gauging interest for sponsors as well as capable devs who are able to create a much needed classifieds system and support it going forward.
As mentioned I'll continue to update the specs over the next wee while to make this more complete.
There's a fair amount of work here so a bit of crowd funding will be needed.