Add-on Working on a 'classifieds' add-on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

So I am working on a classified system, in my free, time which will have all the necessary features for a classified app that I can think of including:
  • Buyer and Seller rating system
  • Different Advert Types
  • Custom Fields
  • Custom Prefixes
  • Different Packages that users can buy to post their advert
  • Multi-level categories
  • Advert renewal
The system also includes integration with Paygate for processing the charges. Integration with thread where users can discuss the item, etc.

I will need some help on the features: like what other features do you want to see this in this app? How do you want the public pages to look like?

I am also considering to add auctioning but that's for a later version. :)

P.S Here are some sneak peeks :D

Attachments

• 5.webp
    5.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 266
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 265
Public pages could simply be like how the RM does now. It could surely make creating the add-on a bit easier and it would also look consistent with the design.

Being able to set categories would also be helpful to organize and find listings easier.

An option to be set by an Admin requiring a user to agree to terms of use before submitting a classified listing.

I have some ideas for features as well:

Ability to control the renewal price: re-list for free, a reduced price, or for full price.

Sidebar blocks such as 'Latest Classifieds', 'Random Classified', 'Popular classifieds', and 'Soon to expire classifieds', either without, or in conjunction with, Widget Framework. It would also be logical to include a 'Other items from this advertiser' block below the listning.

Ability to watch individual classifieds and classifieds categories (including sub-directories if the user wants to) is a must.

Ability to set default currency for all ads, or allow users to specify the currency they want.

Ability for users to feature their own classifieds for additional fee.

I currently use threads with custom thread fields for my classifieds. I would like to see it work similar to the RM with an option to have a thread created for each classified.

upload_2014-12-26_13-47-14.webp

When browsing the classified forum, below the thread title you could see some of the custom fields from the ad like price, location, etc
upload_2014-12-26_13-52-2.webp
Here is an example
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forums/cars-for-sale.7/

To prevent fraud, there should be a change log to log all changes to the classified ad. So if there is a price change, description change, etc, the discussion thread would be updated with the change, just like how the RM works.

Once the sale has been completed, the seller could then delete the ad and the thread would be updated again, however the thread would remain.

Ability to control the renewal price: re-list for free, a reduced price, or for full price.
Already added :3
7.webp

Sidebar blocks such as 'Latest Classifieds', 'Random Classified', 'Popular classifieds', and 'Soon to expire classifieds', either without, or in conjunction with, Widget Framework. It would also be logical to include a 'Other items from this advertiser' block below the listning.
Added it to my to-do list :)

Ability to watch individual classifieds and classifieds categories (including sub-directories if the user wants to) is a must.
What can the actions be?

Ability to set default currency for all ads, or allow users to specify the currency they want.
Added it to my to-do list

Ability for users to feature their own classifieds for additional fee.
Already added ;)
5.webp

I currently use threads with custom thread fields for my classifieds. I would like to see it work similar to the RM with an option to have a thread created for each classified.
Integration with thread where users can discuss the item

To prevent fraud, there should be a change log to log all changes to the classified ad.
I think it would be better not to make the threads cluttered with all the 'updates' the changes can be logged internally and if there's any dispute the mods can then look into the change log to verify them...

When browsing the classified forum, below the thread title you could see some of the custom fields from the ad like price, location, etc
I think we should keep listing page as free as possible and also, the resource usage will increase if I add custom field values...

Once the sale has been completed, the seller could then delete the ad and the thread would be updated again, however the thread would remain.
so you are saying users wont be able to delete the item before the sale?

I think it would be better not to make the threads cluttered with all the 'updates' the changes can be logged internally and if there's any dispute the mods can then look into the change log to verify them...

upload_2014-12-26_14-29-50.webp

Add them to a version history tab like the RM.

I think we should keep listing page as free as possible and also, the resource usage will increase if I add custom field values...

I think this is key feature to have the classifieds integrated with the forum. If someone is browsing the forum with the classified threads (or click on the "new posts" button) they will not want to click on each item to see where it is located or how much it costs.

so you are saying users wont be able to delete the item before the sale?

No. They would be able to delete the item at anytime, but this would not delete the associated discussion.

Add them to a version history tab like the RM.
makes sense... :)

If someone is browsing the forum with the classified threads (or click on the "new posts" button) they will not want to click on each item to see where it is located or how much it costs.
hmmm... maybe add a new option for the field form, if selected, the fields will be included on thread view?

No. They would be able to delete the item at anytime, but this would not delete the associated discussion.
owh.

- can you remove "version string" which is default in the RM ?
ummm... there wont be any versioning for classifieds... I am creating a whole new system which has no relation with RM whatsoever.

- can a .pdf-file be uploaded/downloaded ?
yes, users can upload related resources like images, docs. The file types can be managed from adminCP.

it would be great to have a "Contact Form" or "Contact Button" somehow clearly visible underneath the Classifieds-Ad
I am going with the same position as RM's 'Download' button. :)

History log would be perfect, same as the way it's done in posts.

Also I think it would be nice to have an option to require a reason for the edit when editing a classified item.

Edit: Possibly make it so anyone can view the reason also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom