Add-on Crowd-funding proposal for classifieds add-on.

I am sure he is a terrific guy. It was never my intention to flame him. (Though some accused me of that).

All I said was that our not for profit corporation cannot transact business that way, and I will not do it.
We have purchased several add-ons from coders here and have been extremely satisfied. We have also had some custom work done, and have been extremely satisfied.

I hope all works out for all involved.

Well I doubt he's a not for profit corporation. He intends to make money from this and quite rightfully.

Crowdfunding is a popular way these days, of funding the expenses of doing a project beforehand that way the developer can focus on doing the work with the least distractions and with the right tools.

Regardless of what G2S does with the money, even if it's not for a new PC... it will be extra motivation to continue working on the project and funds raised will be an early indication to whether it's worth his time doing. Even though it's a gamble for us backers, I am fairly happy with what I get with the money assuming it does get completed and is maintained.

Granted, the tiers are a bit pricey... and it's a shame it wasn't done through a proper crowdfunding website. But based on some of the few screenshots he provided a while back, and based on the standard of his other mods which are fantastic I am sure he will deliver.

I have no doubts he'll deliver. My concern is will he maintain the addon after its completed, fix bugs and add features. As this can be time consuming and take commitment.

I have no doubts he'll deliver. My concern is will he maintain the addon after its completed, fix bugs and add features. As this can be time consuming and take commitment.
I use the word "hopefully" quite a lot but that doesn't mean that I am not confident ;) You don't know what's going to happen to you tomorrow. So I hope nothing bad befalls on me :) and I can carry on with my life.

To answer your thought: I plan to publish and maintain a small number of applications for XenForo so that I can have enough time to take care of each of them. Of course there would be time I'll have to give more time on one app than the rest (like when XF 2 will be released I am going to update one app at a time and not all at once which would be a bad idea) and there may be time during my exams when I am going to dedicate all my time to studies. But as long as I am, you can expect timely maintenance and updates :)

that is a fair point. hmm

I will say this though, I really need this addon/system and just because he's made mistakes in the past doesn't mean he will make them again.

He's been part of the Xenforo community for years, has made some great addons and I think he needs a clean break. His classifieds system will prove he's capable and trustworthy hopefully. And i'm willing to take that chance on it.

Last edited:
that is a fair point. hmm

I will say this though, I really need this addon/system and just because he's made mistakes in the past doesn't mean he will make them again.

He's been part of the Xenforo community for years, has made some great addons and I think he needs a clean break. His classifieds system will prove he's capable and trustworthy hopefully. And i'm willing to take that chance on it.

Good luck. I hope you get what you need for your site. Have a nice day. :)

50% reached and this would be enough for a decent rig :)
It will take a couple of more days to transfer the funds to my local bank. Thank you all for participating in this campaign. And hopefully I'll be able to give you guys something kick-ass :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom