Add-on Working on a 'classifieds' add-on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you see the possibility to copy data from old listings of your (or of others) to speed up the process of creating it?

How you see the possibility to copy data from old listings of your (or of others) to speed up the process of creating it?
if you mean migrating from other platforms: we will create some importers for that and that's after I finish the rating system. But there wont be one from threads as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
if you mean migrating from other platforms: we will create some importers for that and that's after I finish the rating system. But there wont be one from threads as far as I can tell.
No. Let me explain it better.

A user creates some listings. After some time that user have to create a very similar listing
I think it could be great if during the creation process the user could copy from past listing the data without re-enter it.

I'm trying to create an item but the upload fail. It didn't respond with errors but simply didn't work.

The location should not be publicised exactly for security reasons. The city or zip code would be sufficient.

Is there a rating system for sellers and buyers?

I think it could be great if during the creation process the user could copy from past listing the data without re-enter it.
That will be possible to implement :)

I'm trying to create an item but the upload fail. It didn't respond with errors but simply didn't work.
hmm... some times the the ad blocker messes with the ajax calls because of the keywords used in the parameters.

The location should not be publicised exactly for security reasons. The city or zip code would be sufficient.
We have already implemented that. You can select if you want to make the location public or not. If you want to keep it private the country and the city is shown. And the advertiser can make the location public from the contact page to that specific person :)

Is there a rating system for sellers and buyers?
Not yet, I'll be working on it once the public beta "stabilizes" :D

Is there any way to disable the creation of a thread for each classified? And then... can you disable the "Comments" and "Discussion" tab?

We have already implemented that. You can select if you want to make the location public or not. If you want to keep it private the country and the city is shown. And the advertiser can make the location public from the contact page to that specific person :)
And those who have the permission "Bypass User Privacy" can view the full address.

So every classified entry on your system will need to have a thread associated to it and appart of that will have a "Comments" tab?

I believe that it looks very much like the Resource Manager however a classified system doesn't always need a "Comments" or "Discussion" tab. For example car classified sites usually only have the description, the pictures and the contact information... and then the discussion and the comments both go in private by the parties via phone call.

Can you please create a category without the "Comments" and "Discussion" tabs and then upload a demo classified to it? Please make sure to attach some pictures and preferrably do not set the location information.

Thanks!

Is it possible to limit the uploaded dimensions of classifieds icons? (So we wouldn't have to host big images that are just used as thumbnails.)

1. I think putting price in top of the image can be ugly if the price is very big. (please see the attachment).

2. i think the "comment" section is not needed, or there should be an option to disable it globally. because there is already "discussion" section.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.webp
    Screenshot_1.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom