Add-on Classifieds addon development discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the thread to have this discussion. I addressed this issue and how the add-ons aren't connected to each other a few times (last night most recently). I'm not entirely sure how it involves you. If you'd like to continue this discussion, try the relevant thread.

This is the right thread to have this discussion. I am a potential client for the classified add on and seeing that you are the one who is coding it I am concerned. Who is to say that you won''t do the same like you did with the reviews mod that you left a lot of people hanging?

All I am seeinng you do is a lot of words, blabla, but no action. Pepople want their money or the product that they already paid for and not your excuses. I remmeber that when jaxel was in the same very position you bit his head off for doing the exact thing that you are doing now. So you shouldn''t take other projects before you make good on the reviews mod.

This is the right thread to have this discussion.
This is not the right thread to discuss the reviews product. If you're interested in the Classifieds add-on, talk about the Classifieds add-on. Most of your post seems to be about reviews, I feel it should be discussed in the reviews thread instead.

Who is to say that you won''t do the same like you did with the reviews mod that you left a lot of people hanging?
Well, Stuart is the only one contributing money before there's a product so it's a moot point.

All I am seeinng you do is a lot of words, blabla, but no action. Pepople want their money or the product that they already paid for and not your excuses. I remmeber that when jaxel was in the same very position you bit his head off for doing the exact thing that you are doing now. So you shouldn''t take other projects before you make good on the reviews mod.
This is 100% the wrong thread and won't get a response.

Stuart and I have not discussed beta stages much at all. As of right now, there's no intention of it. Everyone can test things on xenmods.com and then we have a bigger test audience at avforums.com once it's at that stage. It'll probably be released similar to the other projects I've done for him (Tag Essentials, Prefix Essentials, Conversation Monitor, Trending Topics) where it goes straight to 1.0.0. The only down side with that is it tends to lead to a quick 1.1.0 or at least a 1.0.1 update.

From this point on, take anything related to the reviews product (or delivery of it) to that thread, even if the progress on this project is relevant to your point. Let's prevent that discussion from spilling over here any further.

Will there be a way to automatically prune or purge old ads?

We delete adverts from the archive after six months. We have a second archive for problem threads, though I know this uses an 'in dispute' state instead of a separate archive. But would something like that be possible? Or do the adverts just stay in the archive forever unless manually removed?

I have a couple of market research type questions for those people intending to buy this addon.
First how many licenses do you intend to purchase?

And Second, there will be two types of packages. Those which are free and those which require payment from the advertiser. How many of you only want the free packages? I.e. the classifieds on your site will be completely free?
Please reply with the number of licenses you want and either Free Packages Only or Paid Packages Required.
Thanks.
1 license free packages only

First how many licenses do you intend to purchase?

And Second, there will be two types of packages. Those which are free and those which require payment from the advertiser. How many of you only want the free packages? I.e. the classifieds on your site will be completely free?
Please reply with the number of licenses you want and either Free Packages Only or Paid Packages Required.
Thanks.
One license.
Re: free vs. paid classifieds: we only need free atm, but might wish to provide paid classifieds at some time in future if the cost were not prohibitive. For that reason, suggest that you add an "upgrade" license from free to paid as an option as well.

I was wondering, from SEO point of view, would it be possible to create custom urls like /country/state/city/item/
No, that's not currently a planned feature.

Re: free vs. paid classifieds: we only need free atm, but might wish to provide paid classifieds at some time in future if the cost were not prohibitive. For that reason, suggest that you add an "upgrade" license from free to paid as an option as well.
That's what the plan is. There's going to be a basic version of the add-on and then an upgrade that allows you to have paid adverts.

I just want to ask if the fact that MGTS has returned has changed any plans here.

The classified mod should have the ability to set fees depending on the AGGREGATE of the users' groups, since all users are generally registered, and permission groups added on from there.
Also, the fee packages should be able to be defined so that ONLY the group fees you define appear. For example, if you define a fee package for DONORS only- only donors should appear in the choice selection for fee options.

The purpose is, you want to set fees depending on the user's status. A donor to your site should pay less fees than a non-donor. An active user should pay less than a user who joins your site just to sell something. And so forth...

Few suggestions.

1. Basic Classified store - No need of a full online store accepting direct online payments etc.. but a place to see all the ads from a single advertiser.
reviews he got from others, some intro paragraph etc..

2. Photo watermarking - Auto watermarking the photos people upload with the site name to stop copying the ads by other sites.

3. Wizard type of posting ads - Not asking to register first, Let the person post the ad and make him register at the end to publish.

Few suggestions.

1. Basic Classified store - No need of a full online store accepting direct online payments etc.. but a place to see all the ads from a single advertiser.
reviews he got from others, some intro paragraph etc..

2. Photo watermarking - Auto watermarking the photos people upload with the site name to stop copying the ads by other sites.

3. Wizard type of posting ads - Not asking to register first, Let the person post the ad and make him register at the end to publish.
I think that for suggestions for this addon now is better to list them on xenmods.com

I think the suggestions are great and just fine here. Some of us hate having to follow too many websites as we don't have tons of free time to visit tons of sites.
I prefer here too... But I see how for addon devs is better to have them on their website on a dedicated thread rather than in a general multi page thread here. Or at least in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom