Add-on Classifieds addon development discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of market research type questions for those people intending to buy this addon.
First how many licenses do you intend to purchase?

And Second, there will be two types of packages. Those which are free and those which require payment from the advertiser. How many of you only want the free packages? I.e. the classifieds on your site will be completely free?
Please reply with the number of licenses you want and either Free Packages Only or Paid Packages Required.
Thanks.

Licenses: 1
Packages: Free Packages Only

I think it's important to note some things about custom field filtering. We will be including filtering functionality in the core product but some filtering functionality will be reserved for a secondary add-on that requires XenForo Enhanced Search. I have decent experience with ElasticSearch and it has a lot better scalability and filtering options than the MySQL searching methods. For example, geo based searching is next to impossible with mysql, basically I'd have to index more data and have poorer results.

In the main add-on, filtering will be limited to fields that have static choices (think checkbox custom fields, radio buttons, and drop downs). The secondary add-on that requires ElasticSearch will include geo based searching, min-max price options (assuming there's a price field), etc...

Also, the core add-on will be available before the secondary enhanced versions are available (paid packages are planned as a secondary add-on as well)

That's probably a good decision though mysql 5.6+ has some basic support for spatial functions (don't know if this has been bolstered in latter versions) built in now albeit poorly documented and restricted to myisam tables so yeah it would be pretty restrictive ultimately. Don't know or use ES enough to comment.

Looking forward to a roadmap when you have one.

Haven't really followed the thread or what features are going to be included to closely but for estimate purposes, you can put me down for 1 license.

I see at least one person (@empire) has noticed that Classifieds are running on XenMods.com and registered users have access. Anyone that looks, please keep in mind that the software is still very new and I'm spending hardly any time on design at the moment, we will be having designers making it very nice at the end. Majority of the admin functionality is done (category, package, and prefix management are all complete). Custom Fields are the only thing on the admin end that still need significant work.

If you have suggestions and bug reports they can be posted in these boards: http://xenmods.com/#classifieds.61. I'm not likely to give much attention to suggestions at this stage but feel free to post them as they'll be organized for the future.

Here's some screenshots of the admin panel.

Categories:
Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.34.32 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.34.24 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.34.49 PM.webp

Custom Fields:
These are still a work in progress. They look like you should expect. There will be a few custom field types you aren't used to such as the Display only one. This allows you to basically embed text (the description) in the specified location. The options on the general options page designate if the field can be searchable/filterable, if the custom field is included in the discussion thread first post, if the field appears on the advert form (display only text would make sense to not display on the form, the rest of them should be on the form probably), if the field appears on the advert.

There's still more to come.

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.35.53 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.37.11 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.36.59 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.37.20 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.37.30 PM.webp

Packages:
You can see that you can set prices for multiple days. This will allow the user to pick how long to feature (and other options) their ad and make the entire payment process more dynamic.

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.40.29 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.41.08 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.40.55 PM.webp

Prefixes
Basically the same as thread prefixes except you can tie a thread prefix to it. This would make it so that any time the advert prefix changes, the thread is updated to have the corresponding thread prefix. If you don't pick one then the thread prefix won't be changed.

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.42.37 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.43.04 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.43.14 PM.webp

I suggest to insert an option that may be very useful.
Add possibility to associate a profile field of forum, to a custom field of classifieds.
Example.
Suppose i want buy a smartphone called "iPhone 6", and suppose that i create a field on profile where users must insert their smartphones.
Well, all users that has filled iPhone 6, will receive an alert notifications.
This is an example.

Will the transaction on PayPal with the breakdown of the order be sufficient? If so, yes. Though it really shouldn't be too difficult to send a confirmation email containing a receipt as well.

Will the transaction on PayPal with the breakdown of the order be sufficient? If so, yes. Though it really shouldn't be too difficult to send a confirmation email containing a receipt as well.

Shouldn''t you finish first the reviews mod that you have started and for which you collected thousands of dollars? Getting money for a project that you don''t deliever, then taking another one, doesn''t inspire must confidence and trust,

Shouldn''t you finish first the reviews mod that you have started and for which you collected thousands of dollars? Getting money for a project that you don''t deliever, then taking another one, doesn''t inspire must confidence and trust,
This isn't the thread to have this discussion. I addressed this issue and how the add-ons aren't connected to each other a few times (last night most recently). I'm not entirely sure how it involves you. If you'd like to continue this discussion, try the relevant thread.

An official invoice is legally required and can be sent by email.
I wasn't aware that was legally required to be honest. Noted. An receipt via email seems like a feature that should exist anyways.

3 Licenses
Paid and free packages (paid would allow videos or youtube embed, more pictures, bold title, etc).
Feedback/Ratings are essential
Mini Questions/Answer for buyers/seller within classifieds are useful
Geo-Location is useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom