Add-on Working on a 'classifieds' add-on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it is multiple vendors shop :)
Shop, which is integrated with xenforo and where any user (with "allow" permission) can sell physical and digital goods. In another words, multiple shops.

Then it is multiple vendors shop :)
Shop, which is integrated with xenforo and where any user (with "allow" permission) can sell physical and digital goods. In another words, multiple shops.
owh... so you are saying users can set up their own shop for selling stuff? That would be nice, maybe on a later version? :)

Multiple vendors shop is when not only you as admin can sell products, but all users can sell their products.
Like eBay, I can there sell my products or buy some products from somebody else
i thought this is what this addon is all about: users selling/trading things.... have i got that wrong @Mr. Goodie2Shoes ? This addon allows only the admins to sell?

[edit: apologies.. didn't know there were two more posts in next page.. got the answer]

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and since not all designs will be possible for us, we will go with the one best suited for XenForo and of course we will make it easy to change the layout the way you like (but you should not expect much from the initial release :p ).

I was initially going with how @GoPluto sketched for how the images will be shown, then I wondered why not something like how it's done in Showcase, in a separate tab? :D

Also thinking of adding a comments section for the items, or will discussion in threads suffice?

owh... so you are saying users can set up their own shop for selling stuff? That would be nice, maybe on a later version? :)

i thought this is what this addon is all about: users selling/trading things.... have i got that wrong @Mr. Goodie2Shoes ? This addon allows only the admins to sell?

I thougt also that users will be from beggining able to set up their own shop for selling stuff, not only admin.

Also thinking of adding a comments section for the items, or will discussion in threads suffice?

Both will be great, with options to setup or not discussion in threads (like resource manager here)

No, I would not add a Comments-system.
It should all be handled via the Forum-Discussions.

Having 2 systems, (Comments + Forum) is counter-productive.
If you look at the "XF Media Gallery", nobody is commenting there.

No, I would not add a Comments-system.
It should all be handled via the Forum-Discussions.

Having 2 systems, (Comments + Forum) is counter-productive.
If you look at the "XF Media Gallery", nobody is commenting there.
well... different people wants different features :P
both discussion via thread and discussion via comments can be toggled on a per category basis :)

I think having the option to leave comments on a per category basis is a good idea, and also perhaps the option to create a thread automatically similar to resource manager to discuss further. By having the option to do both, you can't go wrong really... makes everyone happy :)

As for how the IPB classifieds system looks @Mr. Goodie2Shoes if you create something similar to that you can't go wrong. There's so much more you can add to it too! You seem like a really capable developer who can quite easily do something bigger/better and who's willing to try. Here are some ideas I have, some of which you may already be planning to implement anyways... but I figured I'd run them by you.

• Listing Questions - An option to ask the seller a question about the listing/item, this could of course just be a button that links to the private message page. Or it could like eBay when the question is answered give the seller/lister the option to display the question/answer on the listing. But this I'd imagine would maybe be more time consuming than it's worth.
  • Listing Types - Functionality that would allow users to choose what type of listing they want. Submit offers, (future auction support possibly as an option), and maybe even a buy it now functionality.
  • Stock/Inventory - Allows sellers to list multiple items in one listing and manage the inventory within the listing options (eg. 2 available, 4 sold)

• Follow Listings - Would allow users to follow and keep track of listings.

• Search integration - Being able to search through categories or the entire classifieds system etc for items. You are probably planning on this already though.

• Filters - People can sort/filter through listings by newest, oldest, highest/lowest price, listing type, new/used/other,

• Custom Fields per category - I use this addon currently, it lets users set custom fields for different categories. It's very extensive but something similar would work really well for the classifieds system. It lets you create fields in the backend for use within the create-thread page that use drop downs menus, checkboxes and plain text boxes etc... for example in certain categories i can add a field in the listing creation page, letting the lister pick from options like brand, condition, color etc... and these additional fields could vary from category to category depending on what i set in the backend.

• Feedback/Trading system - XenCentral already has a decent trading system mod (http://xencentral.com/products/trading-system.html) that works well. You could always tie it in to use that or create your own. But it would reassure buyers and weed out the untrustworthy people.

• Item Location - Perhaps using the Custom Fields functionality to allow the admin to add several regions local regions that would allow listers who want collections find people local, and vice versa let users find items within certain regions.

Last edited:
So I've run into a complication and currently rewriting parts of the code to fix the issue and couldn't post any update because of that... Sorry about that :( I'll be implementing the newly suggested features while I am working on it. New updates will be posted soon, though my midterm exams are coming so the pace is really slow now.

Listing Questions - An option to ask the seller a question about the listing/item, this could of course just be a button that links to the private message page. Or it could like eBay when the question is answered give the seller/lister the option to display the question/answer on the listing. But this I'd imagine would maybe be more time consuming than it's worth.
I am giving some thoughts on adding a basic Q/A section for the classifieds :)

Listing Types - Functionality that would allow users to choose what type of listing they want. Submit offers, (future auction support possibly as an option), and maybe even a buy it now functionality.
Already implemented: "Advert Types" :D

Stock/Inventory - Allows sellers to list multiple items in one listing and manage the inventory within the listing options (eg. 2 available, 4 sold)
That's a good idea... gonna brainstorm how it can be added (y)

Follow Listings - Would allow users to follow and keep track of listings.
Watch Category and Watch Classified :D

Search integration - Being able to search through categories or the entire classifieds system etc for items. You are probably planning on this already though.
Already on the list, gonna implement it after the 'content' part is done

Filters - People can sort/filter through listings by newest, oldest, highest/lowest price, listing type, new/used/other,
@erich37 suggested it to me and its next on my to-do list... Though only 'option' type fields can be filtered at this moment.

Custom Fields per category...
Already there :cool:

Feedback/Trading system...
Implementing it... :D

Item Location - Perhaps using the Custom Fields functionality to allow the admin to add several regions local regions that would allow listers who want collections find people local, and vice versa let users find items within certain regions.
This wont be a 'custom field' but will be integrated with a 'per category' basis...

So I've run into a complication and currently rewriting parts of the code to fix the issue and couldn't post any update because of that... Sorry about that :( I'll be implementing the newly suggested features while I am working on it. New updates will be posted soon, though my midterm exams are coming so the pace is really slow now.

I am giving some thoughts on adding a basic Q/A section for the classifieds :)

Already implemented: "Advert Types" :D

That's a good idea... gonna brainstorm how it can be added (y)

Watch Category and Watch Classified :D

Already on the list, gonna implement it after the 'content' part is done

@erich37 suggested it to me and its next on my to-do list... Though only 'option' type fields can be filtered at this moment.

Already there :cool:

Implementing it... :D

This wont be a 'custom field' but will be integrated with a 'per category' basis...

You are the best :D hope your mid term exams go well, good luck! :) Thanks for communicating with us, it means a lot.

Updates!

Most of the rewriting are done and currently working on the payment system.
My initial thought was to implement [bd] Paygates but I think it would be better to create my own since I'll need one any way for my 'store' add-on that I will be working on next... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom