User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 4.4.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)
How is the beta doing? I'm looking into making the jump from xf 2.1 to 2.2. This is one of the last addons that's missing for me. I have a fear of running beta software on productive systems. Any chance it is stable enough for a final release anytime soon? Thanks!

I'm not quite sure if this is a result of either the conversation essentials add-on or the user essentials add-on or even just default xenforo, but just in case I would like to mention that when attempting to merge two users together we get the following error:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [3995]: Character set 'binary' cannot be used in conjunction with 'utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci' in call to regexp_like. src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228

here is the stack trace:

Code:
Stack trace

SELECT change_key, group_ids
            FROM xf_user_group_change
            WHERE user_id = ?
                AND change_key REGEXP '^warning_[0-9]+$'

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 3995, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 3995, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(175): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
            SELECT chan...', 226795)
#5 src/XF/Service/User/ContentChange.php(384): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchPairs('
            SELECT chan...', 226795)
#6 src/XF/MultiPartRunnerTrait.php(48): XF\Service\User\ContentChange->stepApplyWarningGroupChanges(NULL, G)
#7 src/XF/Service/User/ContentChange.php(198): XF\Service\User\ContentChange->runLoop(G)
#8 src/XF/Service/User/Merge.php(137): XF\Service\User\ContentChange->apply(G)
#9 src/XF/MultiPartRunnerTrait.php(48): XF\Service\User\Merge->stepReassignContent(NULL, G)
#10 src/XF/Service/User/Merge.php(88): XF\Service\User\Merge->runLoop(G)
#11 src/XF/Job/UserMerge.php(39): XF\Service\User\Merge->merge(G)
#12 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Job/UserMerge.php(21): XF\Job\UserMerge->run(G)
#13 src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Job/UserMerge.php(16): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Job\UserMerge->run(G)
#14 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): SV\UserEssentials\XF\Job\UserMerge->run(G)
#15 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#16 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(111): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#17 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#22 src/XF/App.php(2191): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#23 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#24 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#25 {main}

That is a feature where moderators are notified of username changes; you can opt-out of getting those alerts. It is possible those alert opt-outs might not have been migrated 100% correctly, or there was an option which disabled them by default. Will need to check

Hey, so with 2.2 adding username change we noticed that the message from your add-on and the message from XF2.2 both displays. Right now we changed the phrase of the XF2.2 one to say the same thing as the first.

Any way we can remove one of the messages all together?

image (1).png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like XF2.2's name change system overrides the one from the add-on. Rather than us being able to change the username twice every 30 days the XF2.2's system of "you are unable to change your username until {date}" takes precedence.

@Xon

Small issue. Logged in as a test member who has had their username changed, they can see the indicator next to their name, and when they click it they get a permission error. I'm going to hide/remove/disable the indicator, so it's not an issue for me, but I figure you might want to know :)

1613858457863.webp

1613858472636.webp

I use XF 2.2.3 and User Essentials 4.0.0 Beta 3 and migrated from XF1 with UserEss. I've enabled the permission "[UserEss] Manage tags on own profile" and "[UserEss] Manage tags on any profile" for default primary group user "Member", but I can't finde where I can set tags on my profile. Can you please help me?

That controls what values can be entered for a user upgrade which has been marked as allowing custom amounts (ie it is a per-user upgrade configuration thing)
How/where do you mark an upgrade as accepting custom amounts, I cannot see this on the add upgrade page? Thanks

Great addon (***** rating from me)

One thing I've noticed is that a custom price upgrade does not work when it is featured on the registration page with the with the Paid Registrations addon (it just shows as £0.00)

I wonder if it would be possible to make it compatible, or maybe that is something that wouod have to changed in that addon.

I use XF 2.2.3 and User Essentials 4.0.0 Beta 3 and migrated from XF1 with UserEss. I've enabled the permission "[UserEss] Manage tags on own profile" and "[UserEss] Manage tags on any profile" for default primary group user "Member", but I can't finde where I can set tags on my profile. Can you please help me?

Should be on the user profile;
1615621015791.webp

Please check that the template modification "Adds tags to the member profile page" on the member_view template is applying as expected. It is injecting the template sv_ue_member_view_tags for reference

Top Bottom