User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 4.4.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)
The "Complete (manual)" button in the user self-disable entries doesn't seem to be working. When I click Save, it still shows the disable as pending. We're on XenForo v2.2.6 Patch 2 with add-on v4.0.4. Would updating to 4.0.5 fix this?

Edit: Nope, still not working in v4.0.5
I'll look into this in the next few days

Xon updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

4.0.6 - Bugfix update

• Fix redundant 'preview' button being added to the signature editor
  • Fix username history permission check being inconsistent with adding the indicator that past username changes exist
    • Fix bad setup of username_date/username_date_visible fields, requires rebuilding for all users
  • Fixes for self-disable feature
    • Only apply disabled user check on public controllers
    • Fix notification of account was disabled not firing as expected
    • Fix disabled user...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hiya - re: version 2.1

As an admin I tried changing a username to one previously used by another account, but the system stopped me with an error message.

I can test it again to get the wording of the error, but it was to the effect "this user name has been used before".

Allow re-use of old user names
If enabled, users will be able to register and change their user name to a user name previously used by another member. Allowing user name re-use can cause confusion, particularly for older quoted messages. This restriction does not apply to administrator user creation and edits.

I think that text label is wrong. The simply solution is to disable that option, then re-enable it after making the edit.

That bug is fixed in the XF2.2 version

4.0.7 - Bugfix update

• Normalize 'user name' text to 'username' and tweak some phrases
  • Fix unexpectedly strict username history permission check (Effected v4.0.6 only)
  • Fix "Display previous username list to" option not applying as expected
  • Fix "Username change interval" being ignored when computing the next username change time based on the XF option "Minimum time between username changes"

Was it working in early XF2.2 versions? I think this has been broken for a while :(

I'll work on a fix in the next day or so.
I just upgraded to 2.2 so I'm not sure, sorry not more help. I think we're assuming the same cause though, that polls are now a "thread type"

I'm trying to find where the link is for the self disable. I'm not sure if there are extra security measures for admin accounts but I've set the members and the admins to allow for self disable. I have a heavily modified theme, so I'm assuming that it's just not inserting...but I wanted to know how you access that link as well as what the actual link should be so I can link people directly.

Nvm, found it by trying it out on an alt account on my site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon

4.1.1 - Feature update

• Fix that rejected/disabled users could be sent user disabled reminder notices
  • Fix select-to-quote & display mini-avatars would result in the avatar icon being rendered as an image
  • Fix 'Thread starter permissions' functionality ignoring the "Manage any thread" permission for editing what the thread starter is permitted todo
  • Fix "[UserEss] Can warn users in own thread" permission bypassing can-warn checks
  • Add admincp action to disable a user, with an option to disable...

Top Bottom