User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 4.4.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Hi Xon, did you ever look into the feasibility of this at all? 😊

How feasible is a "Most mentions" section for Notable users on the Member list?

Would the performance impact be too great, or could it be done? :)
It would require tracking mentions, and building a counter. Likely a feature I'ld add to User Essentials as it is already extracting and recording mentions to the database.

Regarding changing names, the error "The specified user name was previously used by another user", and these two threads:

Is there any workaround for this? Would I have to disable User Essentials, change the name, and re-enable user essentials? Would this break things or be problematic?

Regarding changing names, the error "The specified user name was previously used by another user", and these two threads:

Is there any workaround for this? Would I have to disable User Essentials, change the name, and re-enable user essentials? Would this break things or be problematic?
Known bug, Disable the "Allow re-use of old user names" option and then you can do it. It is fixed for the next major version, but I'm just working on migration logic for XF2.2 support

Known bug, Disable the "Allow re-use of old user names" option and then you can do it. It is fixed for the next major version, but I'm just working on migration logic for XF2.2 support
Worked perfectly! Thank you for your awesome help and brilliant skills!!

Could I interrupt the 2.2 questions with a feature request? :D

Search by custom title, location, website, about, signature

Would it be feasible to add birthday values to this since they are a part of the same table? I'm personally interested in searching by the specific values, such as anyone born on June 1st, regardless of year. Sometimes I might also search by year. Other people may be interested in more of a date range search, but that's not as important to me personally. I'm currently doing this with SQL, which isn't ideal.

Would it be feasible to add birthday values to this since they are a part of the same table? I'm personally interested in searching by the specific values, such as anyone born on June 1st, regardless of year. Sometimes I might also search by year. Other people may be interested in more of a date range search, but that's not as important to me personally. I'm currently doing this with SQL, which isn't ideal.
I've added this to be looked at post XF2.2 update, and will likely back port it to the XF2.1 version.

Xon updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

3.9.0 - Feature update

This update does not yet support XF2.2, it is however being worked on!

• Improve reliability of user self-disable feature at triggering user disables on-time
  • Fix error when deleting a user with rename
  • Rework "thread edit time limits" feature to better match XF2 behaviour.
    • Remove option "Separate thread title and post edit time limits", this poorly fits XF2.1+ editing flow
    • Rename permission "[UserEss] Time limit on editing own thread title" to "[UserEss] Time limit...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there an option to set the time limit on editing own thread titles?
That permission was renamed to "[UserEss] Time limit on editing own thread" as it allows editing other thread details not just the thread title itself.

The XF2.2 version of this add-on is just undergoing final testing, with the version v4.x and It will drop support for XF2.1. The XF2.1 version will be continued to be patched under the old version v3.x branch.

That permission was renamed to "[UserEss] Time limit on editing own thread" as it allows editing other thread details not just the thread title itself.

The XF2.2 version of this add-on is just undergoing final testing, with the version v4.x and It will drop support for XF2.1. The XF2.1 version will be continued to be patched under the old version v3.x branch.
If I do set a limit for that option, to say 5 minutes. Does that mean they won’t be able to edit the post itself even though there’s a separate option for that, that’s set to unlimited? Currently on mobile so can’t confirm the name of the option.

Thank you for your hard work. As a side question: I have data in both the xf_username_change table and the unc table of this addon. Is there a way to merge them? Will this upgrade merge them or can I just copy the rows over? Will it still successfully sort by the timestamp then?

Two more things:
  • Username changes should always be visible in the Admin CP (even when visible = 0 in the DB - the visibility should only be filtered when displaying it publicly on the user profile)
  • "Previous names: " in the admin cp displays the new name of the latest change, not the old one (essentially displaying the same name in the "Username" input)

Edit:
One more - I just had a rebuild for sv_unc. This apparently has fixed my first question? But as a side note: The first progress phrase (couldn't quite see it completely as it was so fast) is not available. It displays the phrase instead of text.

I'd also suggest to only migrate username changes that are not the same old_username and new_username as I now have multiple username changes from the same old name to the same new name (some of them with a timestamp a couple ms off).

Maybe even with a change_date from within 30 seconds, because essentially changing from the same old_username to the same new_username is possible if names get re-used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom