User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 4.4.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)
The getUrl is from Lazy Image Loader, but for that to be throwing that error something is not correctly setting up the template rendering environment which will cause errors with other add-ons, not just my own.

Also isNotScripBlockNeeded adding from Lazy Image Loader? I think this server error log generated from enable/disable or upgrading addon. OK i am going to check out why this error log generated.

downloadfile.png

When a user locks their own thread, is there any place a moderator can see the date/time it was locked? For example, a normal moderator lock would show date/time under moderator actions.

@Feanor ensure the "Always log moderator actions" option is enabled, and it'll show up under moderator actions for the thread

@Feanor ensure the "Always log moderator actions" option is enabled, and it'll show up under moderator actions for the thread
Hm, I checked and it seems I already have that enabled. But when I go to moderator actions on a recently locked thread it says "No moderator actions have been logged."

If the lock was before you updated to User Essentials v3.6.4 it might not have been tracked

Xon updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

3.7.0 - Feature update

• Add "Username changes require a user note" option (default disabled)
  • Add permission "[UserEss] Delete poll in own thread"
  • Add permission "[UserEss] Warn posts in own thread", with per-thread option to disable this permission, requires Warning Improvements!
  • Add per-thread option to disable permission the edit/delete posts in own thread permissions
  • Fix admincp "previous usernames" including non-approved usernames in the short list
  • Compatibility fix for "Username...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon Username changes require a user note" option enabled but does not show Required under Note fields and does not show when does not entered Required Note.

ScreenShot00342.webp

ScreenShot00343.webp

But the "Required" subtext (below "Note:") is still missing when this option is applied, though, right?

@Xon We need remove Previous names record for one user. So how can remove Previous names record from database and Username change log?

That can be done with some SQL;
SQL:
delete from xf_sv_unc where from_username = 'old-username' and to_username = 'new-username';
This will remove the particular record for a user, or to remove all previous usernames for a single user;
SQL:
delete from xf_sv_unc where user_id  = 123
(Obviously change 123)

Hi I wanted to ask when a username is changed how can I delete their previous username? I know that you can make it private so only admins and mods can see but I’d like to remove it completely so there is no history especially not via their profile

I have another add-on that already allows users to change names, but it doesn't show a log of the changes. Do 3rd party add-on / admin control panel changes show in the previous usernames tab? If so, is this log pruned by XF's change log pruning setting at all (because I wouldn't want these to be pruned)? Also, is it possible to set permissions so no one can change their username through the add-on and only admins/mods can see the previous usernames tab?

I can answer some of these as I have the addon installed.
Q: Do 3rd party add-on / admin control panel changes show in the previous usernames tab?
A: Admin control panel changes do for sure.
Q: Also, is it possible to set permissions so no one can change their username through the add-on and only admins/mods can see the previous usernames tab?
A: Yes, we don't let users change their own names. Knowing what they're like they'd mess around with it too much. You can set the visbility of name change.
You can set the expiry on the user change log including to never expire, but I'm not 100% whether that's linked or separate from the normal XF settings.
@lazy llama's answers are correct (and thanks!).

User name change history never expires, and is stored separately from the username change log.
Since asking this question I've purchased the add-on and have been using it, but I noticed this isn't working for me. All username changes made through DragonbByte Tech Shop don't show up in the user's name change log. Are they supposed to?

Since asking this question I've purchased the add-on and have been using it, but I noticed this isn't working for me. All username changes made through DragonbByte Tech Shop don't show up in the user's name change log. Are they supposed to?
Will be fixed in the next version, it isn't capturing them for non-admincp changes :(

Last edited:
There seems to be a conflict with XF2.2
As soon as I upgrade to XF2.2 and try to access the admin panel, I get this:

Fatal error: Declaration of SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\User::canChangeUsername(&$error = NULL) must be compatible with XF\Entity\User::canChangeUsername(&$error = NULL): bool in /src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Entity/User.php on line 0

Top Bottom